Sol's finally ditched his limiter. Everyone is going to die.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Giovanna looks pretty neat.

I'm also surprised how pleased I was to see that Anji is coming back.

Extraordinary Member

Having watched through all of the A Certain Scientific Railgun anime, I realized that I wouldn't see those characters for quite some time. So I've read through the manga as well now, picking up from where the anime left off.

And damn, the current arc is like the best arc since the first season. It just has everything I want from the series. It's fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

We're also getting FighterZ tag team mechanic.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Black Clover: spoilers:
    Asta and his devil's relationship remains refreshing and oddly wholesome. Asta being genuinely grateful for the powers the devil gives him, and the devil has taken a liking to Asta since he treats him as a person, but he's gonna do the tsundere thing and pretend that he's evil. And now we're getting a flashback for the devil (which is quite a bit earlier than I would have expected.

I also like how this is a battle in the physical world rather than a spiritual one. It's a simple but neat shift to how these confrontations are usually done.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: spoilers:
    And over here we've got a spiritual battle but with lots more participants than usual. Deku and Shigaraki are still very much influenced by people of the past. They're going to have to find their own way down this long road as they slam into each other. I do like how Nana and AFO's brother stick up for Deku. They like him a lot since he's a good, kind and heroic kid.

Now let's hope that we're getting to Ochako's time to shine, and a crossroads for Toga.
    end of spoilers

Phantom Seer: The supreme waifu of the series erases nightmare fuelled horror amalgamation from reality. Good stuff.

I have to say, I let out an audible groan while reading Black Clover

I've just seen the whole...

spoilers:
    inner demon actually has a humane backstory and is probably a real softy underneath it all
    end of spoilers

...one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    We're also getting FighterZ tag team mechanic.
    Maybe. I don't wanna jump the gun just yet, but here's hoping.

Extraordinary Member

I have to say, I let out an audible groan while reading Black Clover

I've just seen the whole...

spoilers:
    inner demon actually has a humane backstory and is probably a real softy underneath it all
    end of spoilers

...one too many times.
    Didn't Naruto just (relatively speaking) do this exact thing? Because I'll admit I don't read Black Clover, but reading Dark Soul's description my first thought was

spoilers:
    This sounds exactly like the relationship between Naruto and the Kyuubi. And didn't Bleach eventually do this with Ichigo and his inner demons?
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Didn't Naruto just (relatively speaking) do this exact thing? Because I'll admit I don't read Black Clover, but reading Dark Soul's description my first thought was

spoilers:
    This sounds exactly like the relationship between Naruto and the Kyuubi. And didn't Bleach eventually do this with Ichigo and his inner demons?
    end of spoilers
    In short yes, it's a very similar dynamic.

Reminds me of KOF Vanessa, with a stand.

Extraordinary Member

In short yes, it's a very similar dynamic.
    There are a few key differences.

Naruto and Kurama had to work through a ton of mutual resentment and hostility towards each other. Pretty much every interaction was a struggle for dominance between the two until the very end of the series. Also, they were stuck together due to outside forces and would rather be rid of eachother.

Asta and the devil on the other hand spoilers:
    have been fairly cordial when interacting. This is their third meeting and Asta is grateful for everything he's been able to do with the devil's powers. The devil is stuck in the grimoire, but Asta isn't bound to it by any Magical means. Using it is all up to him.

It's the only way he can be relevant in his world and he appreciates having that chance. So he has no reason at all to even dislike the devil. And that seems to have rubbet off on the devil, who is trying to look scary but probably appreciates Asta's blunt and sincere approach.
    end of spoilers

The endgame will probably be similar to what We got in Naruto, and I get not caring for the trope since it is very common. But I feel that Black Clover has enough differences to its take on the trope to make it feel somehow refreshing.

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile in Jujutsu Kaisen, Sukuna is just an ******* plain and simple XD

Astonishing Member

For MHA....

spoilers:
    I did find it interesting that--Unless I misread One for All's words---that All Might went all berserker rage at some point, since AFO specifically criticizes Deku's rage, and says that his mentor--being All Might--did something similar at some point.

I half suspect that All Might got injured so badly because he hated One For All so deeply he fought stupid and left an opening or just didn't care, as opposed to it being something unavoidable when facing off when the Ultimate Evil.

I mean, as far as we know, going berserk is not something All Might was prone to really and it seems like an odd thing for OFA to really care about. I mean, I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since the encounter ended with All For One having an exploded cranium, but it's never really spelled out as far as I know.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    There are a few key differences.

Naruto and Kurama had to work through a ton of mutual resentment and hostility towards each other. Pretty much every interaction was a struggle for dominance between the two until the very end of the series. Also, they were stuck together due to outside forces and would rather be rid of eachother.

Asta and the devil on the other hand spoilers:
    have been fairly cordial when interacting. This is their third meeting and Asta is grateful for everything he's been able to do with the devil's powers. The devil is stuck in the grimoire, but Asta isn't bound to it by any Magical means. Using it is all up to him.

It's the only way he can be relevant in his world and he appreciates having that chance. So he has no reason at all to even dislike the devil. And that seems to have rubbet off on the devil, who is trying to look scary but probably appreciates Asta's blunt and sincere approach.
    end of spoilers

The endgame will probably be similar to what We got in Naruto, and I get not caring for the trope since it is very common. But I feel that Black Clover has enough differences to its take on the trope to make it feel somehow refreshing.
    Well, sans their first meeting where the Devil aggressively tried to take over/tempt Asta and Asta told him to **** off and forcibly took his power, they've shared a fairly amicable relationship. Whereas in the case of Ichigo and Naruto, it was always a belligerent power struggle and symbiotic relationship between them and their inner monsters. Besides, this dynamic also touches on the underlying theme of discrimination in Black Clover. As Asta put it, "Just because he's a Devil, doesn't mean that he's an evil guy." Plus, it was just as well that this occurred because realistically, Asta had nothing but words to confront the Devil with since he's currently powerless and down an arm.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 10-11-2020 at 06:45 PM.