nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the revelation was too on the nose and predictable for my tastes. not bad. just too predictable, like a lot with BC.

meanwhile, in "golden kamui", only 2 skins remain after taking out jack the ripper.

yeah. you heard me. jack the ripper.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    meanwhile, in "golden kamui", only 2 skins remain after taking out jack the ripper.

yeah. you heard me. jack the ripper.
    Eh, he pops up here and there in manga and anime quite often. It's not that surprising when he's used.

Maka and Soul took him out in the very first chapter/episode of Soul Eater.

In Fate: Apocrypha he's a loli who is the amalgamation of all the aborted children of prostitues from Victorian London.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-12-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Eh, he pops up here and there in manga and anime quite often. It's not that surprising when he's used.

Maka and Soul took him out in the very first chapter/episode of Soul Eater.

In Fate: Apocrypha he's a loli who is the amalgamation of all the aborted children of prostitues from Victorian London.
    i'm aware. just the fact between a guy judo flipping a bear and another having sex with another bear, i wasn't expecting jack the ripper. not expected but welcome in this manga.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, sans their first meeting where the Devil aggressively tried to take over/tempt Asta and Asta told him to **** off and forcibly took his power, they've shared a fairly amicable relationship. Whereas in the case of Ichigo and Naruto, it was always a belligerent power struggle and symbiotic relationship between them and their inner monsters. Besides, this dynamic also touches on the underlying theme of discrimination in Black Clover. As Asta put it, "Just because he's a Devil, doesn't mean that he's an evil guy." Plus, it was just as well that this occurred because realistically, Asta had nothing but words to confront the Devil with since he's currently powerless and down an arm.
    I'd forgotten that they were a bit more aggressive in their first meeting. But yeah, the second meeting was a peaceful agreement and now we've got this. We're probably just going to get to the part where they team up properly a lot faster than Naruto and Kurama did.

I would also like to point out that in Ichigo's case he never really became buddy buddy with his inner demon. Both Zangetsus were a part of him, compared to Naruto and Asta who access powers from completely seperate entities, so Ichigo had to learn to find balance within himself and accept them as part of him rather than befriend them. Really, Ichigo's relationship with the Zangetsus is more similar to when Naruto fought the manifestation of his dark emotions rather than Naruto's relationship with Kurama.

And then there's Deku whose inner spirits are just chill and encourage and help him to the best of their extent.

I got into an argument with my husband, which led to a weird thought.

What if there was a fighting game, like street fighter, only the combatants sparred with each other verbally? Argued, debated, parried with words - no actual physical fighting, except maybe their words manifested in some kind visual way, physical or otherwise.

Could be interesting, thought I doubt it would see as well as Smash Brothers or Marvel v Capcom.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

When I get that realization I've done more brainstorming towards my stories than actually writing said stuff.

...Looks like I better flex my writing muscles than continue turning one of my character's martial arts master into more of this badass yet unsociable weirdo who lives in the woods punching down trees and beating up bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

What if there was a fighting game, like street fighter, only the combatants sparred with each other verbally? Argued, debated, parried with words - no actual physical fighting, except maybe their words manifested in some kind visual way, physical or otherwise.

Could be interesting, thought I doubt it would see as well as Smash Brothers or Marvel v Capcom.
    Well in argument/ debate fighter in general 4 stuff.

Ask questions
    Answer them
    Deflect/ defensive
    Lie

Not saying anymore as it sounds like a topic for politics ( as that is how all the knuckleheads here are treating it. Seriously the Clinton vs Trump debate they treated it like WWe and were loud. So could not hear what they were saying.)

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Well, the doctor put me on antidepressants.

Never taken any mind-affecting medication before. This should get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    When I get that realization I've done more brainstorming towards my stories than actually writing said stuff.
    There's actually an informal term for this among writers: It's called World Builder Disease. Pretty common affliction, alas.

Wasn't that kinda how dueling worked in The Curse of Monkey Island?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Hey Ghost, it's been a while! And yeah, 2020 was mostly this. Haha.

Extraordinary Member

Jujutsu Kaisen:...Dammit.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    Well, the doctor put me on antidepressants.

Never taken any mind-affecting medication before. This should get interesting.

There's actually an informal term for this among writers: It's called World Builder Disease. Pretty common affliction, alas.

Wasn't that kinda how dueling worked in The Curse of Monkey Island?
    That's one for the computer game history books, though I never got a chance to play it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

That's one for the computer game history books, though I never got a chance to play it.
    It was great humor and point/click adventure.

And yes you won sword fights by insulting the other to the point they do not swing good anymore.

been meaning to say this since i got back.

gyro and johnny's "battle" against the stand, sugar mountain, might be the most unique stand battle in the whole series.

havent read all of jojolion but that's how i feel about it.