Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    That Goku didn't even accidentally eat any of the fruit seems out of character in some weird way.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok.

spoilers:
    Konshu went mad because Mephisto will destroy the world or whatever in a near future. So he (Konshu) had Moon Knight steal several notable powers from other Marvel heroes super easy and without explanation for how he did so besides basically "moon magic" (this includes the very stupid sequence where uru is revealed to be moon rocks that has been discussed here before) and take over the world so that they can stop Mephisto whenever he decides to rock up.

The Avengers take offense to this and one thing leads to another, the Phoenix is summoned into Moon Knight because Moon Knight got himself beat up by Black Panther or something, and Moon Knight then uses the Phoenix powers to free himself of Konshu's control and then the Avengers play clean up crew and take back the powers that were stolen. Black Panther gives the iron fist to She-Hulk and Doctor Strange's magic to Blade so that they can beat back Konshu's army of mummys, werewolves and moon mages because you can apparently hand out these powers like they're a random character build in an RPG. We get to see this in one page of the arc and it has no real bearing on anything.

Thor, who has been locked behind several moons (because Konshu and Moon Knight can apparently control other moons besides the earth one) and done nothing this whole arc busts out from his prison (which was breaking up anyway) and smacks Phoenix Moon Knight in the face so that he crashes to the earth and the Phoenix force then abandons him. But don't think that this is actually a cool moment for Thor. Moon Knight actually felt about this whole stupid mess and let himself get smacked in the face.
    end of spoilers

It's really bad mess of an arc.

Next up might be Avengers vs. X-men over the Phoenix force...again.
    Dammit. I said I didn’t want to know. But I couldn’t stop myself reading it. And now I can’t unread it.

Although on the plus side, it makes that West Coast Avengers issue where Moon Knight got much stronger than Wonder Man just because... moons... seem like a wholly sound and cogent piece of writing.

Extraordinary Member

Dragon Ball Super: That wasn't as bad as it could've been. But it wasn't great either.

spoilers:
    I like that Goku was still in control of the fight but giving Moro a senzu bean is just dumb and retreads past stupid decisions. So it's especially annoying this time.

I get that the set up is so that Vegeta's new move will be used again and feel like an important part of the plot instead of just filler before the actual final fight. But it is also similar to what we got in the Cell saga. So that together with the senzu bean thing just feels like they're re-doing that popular arc.

I think it would've been cooler if Moro fused with the planet even without the senzu bean.

Whis getting impatient with Goku was pretty great though, even if it was short.
    end of spoilers

Naruto got weird didn't it?
    The main problem with using the Ohtsutsuki as the primary antagonists is that we know all the details about the chakra fruit and everything about its creation, and that just demystifies that whole thing a bit too much for my liking. Similar to how Spider-verse (the comic) gave me more information that I really wanted about Morlun and his family.

Boruto the series generally feels unecessary. I was fine with the movie because it was just fun and had a cool final battle at the end, and while the anime has horrible pacing (much like the One Piece anime, yeah I said that) it does have some really cool action scenes and there are quite a few slice of life scenes that I enjoy (Sasuke being a super awkward dad and Kakashi ribbing him for it is comedy gold). But in general it doesn't add much as continuation to its much greater predecessor.

Two things.

spoilers:
    Why does She-Hulk need the Iron Fist, when she hits harder than the Iron Fist anyways. Two. Why is Blade even here?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Two things.

spoilers:
    Why does She-Hulk need the Iron Fist, when she hits harder than the Iron Fist anyways. Two. Why is Blade even here?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    1. Because they're fighting mummies, werewolves and moon mages. An army of them.
    2. He's an Avenger now.
    end of spoilers

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Ok.

spoilers:
    Konshu went mad because Mephisto will destroy the world or whatever in a near future. So he (Konshu) had Moon Knight steal several notable powers from other Marvel heroes super easy and without explanation for how he did so besides basically "moon magic" (this includes the very stupid sequence where uru is revealed to be moon rocks that has been discussed here before) and take over the world so that they can stop Mephisto whenever he decides to rock up.

The Avengers take offense to this and one thing leads to another, the Phoenix is summoned into Moon Knight because Moon Knight got himself beat up by Black Panther or something, and Moon Knight then uses the Phoenix powers to free himself of Konshu's control and then the Avengers play clean up crew and take back the powers that were stolen. Black Panther gives the iron fist to She-Hulk and Doctor Strange's magic to Blade so that they can beat back Konshu's army of mummys, werewolves and moon mages because you can apparently hand out these powers like they're a random character build in an RPG. We get to see this in one page of the arc and it has no real bearing on anything.

Thor, who has been locked behind several moons (because Konshu and Moon Knight can apparently control other moons besides the earth one) and done nothing this whole arc busts out from his prison (which was breaking up anyway) and smacks Phoenix Moon Knight in the face so that he crashes to the earth and the Phoenix force then abandons him. But don't think that this is actually a cool moment for Thor. Moon Knight actually felt about this whole stupid mess and let himself get smacked in the face.
    end of spoilers

It's really bad mess of an arc.

Next up might be Avengers vs. X-men over the Phoenix force...again.
    ya see? this is why i'm sticking with "house of X" stuff.

Extraordinary Member

The main problem with using the Ohtsutsuki as the primary antagonists is that we know all the details about the chakra fruit and everything about its creation, and that just demystifies that whole thing a bit too much for my liking. Similar to how Spider-verse (the comic) gave me more information that I really wanted about Morlun and his family.

Boruto the series generally feels unecessary. I was fine with the movie because it was just fun and had a cool final battle at the end, and while the anime has horrible pacing (much like the One Piece anime, yeah I said that) it does have some really cool action scenes and there are quite a few slice of life scenes that I enjoy (Sasuke being a super awkward dad and Kakashi ribbing him for it is comedy gold). But in general it doesn't add much as continuation to its much greater predecessor.
    It's kind of an anti-Dragonball situation, where the father is much more interesting than the son.

The best parts of Boruto are the Naruto scenes. When we see how much Naruto matters to Sasuke in the present. Naruto inspiring Sarada. Naruto giving Kawaki the first legitimate parental affection he's ever had.

The stuff with Boruto all feels perfunctory

spoilers:
    1. Because they're fighting mummies, werewolves and moon mages. An army of them.
    2. He's an Avenger now.
    end of spoilers
    That in no way answers any of the questions I asked.

Or maybe it does.

Good god what has become of Marvel.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Well this next one should be entertaining.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Not quite perfect of course but least it's playable now!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Flawless Victory.

Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Flawless Victory.

Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy!
    Hooty's strong enough to take out a strike force of Emperor's coven guards lead by their leader.

Amity is clearly high tier

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It's kind of an anti-Dragonball situation, where the father is much more interesting than the son.

The best parts of Boruto are the Naruto scenes. When we see how much Naruto matters to Sasuke in the present. Naruto inspiring Sarada. Naruto giving Kawaki the first legitimate parental affection he's ever had.

The stuff with Boruto all feels perfunctory
    And if they want it to be a battle manga, they need to either bring in opponents that can throw down with Naruto and Sasuke, which will leave Boruto sitting on the sidelines while Naruto and Sasuke do the fighting unless he gets a ridiculous powerup. Or the writer finds a way to keep Naruto and Sasuke out of the fight, which requires the opponent to be even further beyond Boruto's level and requires even more ridiculous powerups.

Honestly, at this point, the manga either needs to be a slice of life manga or it needs to openly admit it's become Dragon Ball except our heroes call themselves ninja, because with its power scale the only way for it to still be a battle manga at this point is for it to basically be Dragon Ball.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Glad that I didn't start reading the Dresden Files until after Battleground came out, hoo boy was that one to end on. Now I desperately want more to come out.