Page 114 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 14641041101111121131141151161171181241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 36896

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    just found out that one of my friends has a crush on me.
    Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

just found out that one of my friends has a crush on me.
    Awkward. How do you feel about it?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Read The Unfunnies. It reads like your stereotypical "teenager trying to write what they feel would make a story 'mature'" type of story. It'd be cute, if it were actually written by a teenager and not a man in his 30s at the time he wrote it. Of course, its typical Mark Millar work when he doesn't have someone to reign him in.

To sum it up: "Children cartoons but with swearing and pedophilia and child murder and prison rape and gorn and cuckolding and an out of left field mini-diatribe against religion and the villain getting away with everything".

What's saddest about is, like said on TV Tropes, there's a really good idea here. Think about it: a carefree children's cartoon world being slowly corrupted and turned darker and more twisted, with the main character(s) being the only ones to see it's happening and trying to discover the reason and finding it to be a human from the "real" world who got transported to their world, gaining near God-like powers in this world. And if you want a happy ending, have them drop references to a mythical group called the "First Ones" and have one of them (my idea being a Bugs Bunny expy) show up to defeat the villain with classic cartoon shtick.

But unfortunately Mark buried the idea under layers of grime trying to be "edgy" and "shocking" and "mature".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Awkward. How do you feel about it?
    not really sure. just got out of a relationship so i'm not read to jump into another one.

plus, i'm like edgeworth: i don't understand why women find me attractive.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

not really sure. just got out of a relationship so i'm not read to jump into another one.

Hmm... Next time you meet, take your pants off.

That usually settles things for me.

In completely unrelated news, the cops still haven't caught me yet.

You'd be surprised why women find men attractive. Consider that, when I started dating my husband, he already had a significant bald spot on the top of his head. Appearance is superficial, some women care about it, others don't.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You'd be surprised why women find men attractive. Consider that, when I started dating my husband, he already had a significant bald spot on the top of his head. Appearance is superficial, some women care about it, others don't.
    huh. interesting.

well, it won't make things weird.

So atop the fourth wall

I guess it only makes sense that for the tenth anniversary

spoilers:
    mechakara is back
    end of spoilers

I’m actually looking forward to The Boys. It’s not my favorite of his works but I like it well enough.

Wow Toppo goes out like a bitch in the manga

also nice Vegeta moment

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Wow Toppo goes out like a bitch in the manga
    It's an example of one of my main issues with the manga.

It makes all the antagonists and opponents weaker to the point where the story suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's an example of one of my main issues with the manga.

It makes all the antagonists and opponents weaker to the point where the story suffers.
    I like how Vegeta claims "I have no teachers training me, I do it all alone!" and it immediately cuts to Whis and Beerus, his teachers, giving him a simultaneous "Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!" look.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

I don't understand the problem.

I assume all women want me. To this end, I just assume that it's me being egotistical, so that when a woman does want me, I miss all the signals. There could be like 20 women digging me, and I wouldn't even know, because I actually have to take into account my overwhelming admiration for myself.

When I order some juice from the cashier, and she tells me to have a nice day, I have to be like "Damn, down girl, I'm engaged. But thanks for the offer."

In fact, I actually struggled with Gladdy signals, because I assumed that her like for me was me just Gastoning the whole situation. I was kinda like "...Oh, ****, wait, really? This at the same time went both exactly how I wanted it to go, and not at all like I thought."

Oh, good times.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Good stuff! I’m stronger than I’ve ever been but my cardio needs some work.
    Cardio always needs work. *sighs* I agree.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate