Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    So Pokemon's even easier now?
    Yup. If you have the Crown Tundra DLC you can pretty much steamroll through the game with ease using one lvl 60+ game, with it only getting stronger as it does all the battling. Hell, you can probably do the Dynamax Adventure dungeon enough times to have an entire team of lvl 60+ Pokemon before the first Gym.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Yep. Definitely more mortal.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Yup. If you have the Crown Tundra DLC you can pretty much steamroll through the game with ease using one lvl 60+ game, with it only getting stronger as it does all the battling. Hell, you can probably do the Dynamax Adventure dungeon enough times to have an entire team of lvl 60+ Pokemon before the first Gym.
    I personally wouldn't do that. It wouldn't be any fun for me.

But the fact that you can do that is pretty funny.

FistofIron's Khasar

A modified workflow helped me wrap my head around this; specifically the character required a slightly different approach than the last two. Whether this rendition is up to snuff, well I leave that appraisal to his creator.

3 down, 3 to go. I'll proceed to Cthulhu's, then to Nik's.

Jcogginsa, if you still want me to take a crack at your OC, please DM me some notes when you got a minute.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

That's a nice pose Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Good luck over there!
    Thanks Nik. To be fair though, my greatest fear right now is forgetting to buy a hair clipper, and looking like that when I'll be getting back out there (Yes, I may or may not have watched The Mask of Zorro a few times too many since that virus thing started)

diego_in_jail.jpg
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 10-30-2020 at 07:07 AM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gen that picture is awesome!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Some observations about both the most recent chapter of Red Storm and also a the general plotting in the run to up to where we are now.

spoilers:
    I love how Mr "**** your entire power curve," Noya continues to just ignore, antagonise and **** around with his apparent cosmic destiny. He is appointed as the celestial judge from another world, charged to remain impartial and observe and judge the coming apocalyptic conflict by whatever counts for god in this universe. Uninterested in that, he then proceeds to ignore said destiny, fight whoever he wants, pick up young strays and take them under his wing and be a good grandfather to his student's children.

You have a monstrous eldritch litch type demon being like "Hey man, **** off. This isn't fair, you're meant to be impartial,"

Noya responds with "Psssh, you're trying to murder my grandchildren. **** off," and obliterates him.

This is made all the more amusing because last time he showed up he did a whole "I must go my planet needs me, you'll never see me again," speech Yulian and Grace and now he's just back and hanging around again. Very enjoyable to see.

I also hope Thrint is not dead. Injured, crippled perhaps? But alive would be good.

I also really love that, in a world where most people study under ancient magicians, interdimensional kung fu masters and the gods of combat to learn secret arts to make themselves more powerful, Shuubeon is just a stubborn, essentially "normal guy," who has somehow trained and brute forced his way to being able to tear apart undead monstrosities and cleave through armies by himself.

He's not even that a proficient force user, he's just strong, fast, cuts like an absolute champion and doggedly refuses to go down. No tricks, no spells, just raw brick with two massive swords. You love to see it. The most mystic thing he ever got was the Giant's Glove from Luff which gave him a comparatively small boost in physical strength. The rest of it? He's just a madman. He's truly the Rock Lee of this series but like... more relevant to the main plot.

I am very interested to see where we go next. We have an impending, apparently multi-dimensional, apocalypse kicking off, the ending of the generations long tribal wars in the desert throwing the previous geopolitical situation into chaos and that will effect the civil war going on in the country next door who have classical exploited the tribes of the desert.
    end of spoilers

All in all, great series. I feel very rewarded from having invested time in it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So been visualizing one of my characters in a prequel story...And then I shrugged and said to myself he looks like Chinmi in Tekken Chinmi.

...Now I just want to reread the series and the sequels again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So been visualizing one of my characters in a prequel story...And then I shrugged and said to myself he looks like Chinmi in Tekken Chinmi.

...Now I just want to reread the series and the sequels again.
    I mean, it's a good time.

Never a bad decision to read them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Yep. Definitely more mortal.
    Yeah, he's about as mortal as his cousin, Jason. Just because Blumhouse depicts him retaining superficial damage from the last two films, doesn't change the fact he's some kind of abomination of Satan.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!