Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *Walks in*

IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED, IKARI!

MHA: Got a look at some of the raw scans for Chapter 290 and a written summary from the translators: spoilers:
    Boys, It looks like we got full confirmation. Dabi's definitely Endeavor's son and Shouto's brother, Touya. Even worse, Rei witnesses in the reveal from the hospital on TV.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 11-05-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    *Walks in*

IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED, IKARI!
    *Cracks neck* You still got anything left in the tank, you domesticated runt?

Extraordinary Member

Is there a formal way to request the mods way in on a feat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Is there a formal way to request the mods way in on a feat?
    Hi! I'm a Mod! What's up?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Willing to bet this is about the Wishing Well feat for Hulk in Heart of a Monster.

Don't do it Guy, it's a trap.

The new Kengan chapter is out and I’m digging Naidan.

Also I read the most recent chapter of Bouncer and things are getting grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Willing to bet this is about the Wishing Well feat for Hulk in Heart of a Monster.

Don't do it Guy, it's a trap.
    Or do do it, suffice to say part of the problem is someone not following board rules.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Or do do it, suffice to say part of the problem is someone not following board rules.
    My view is that mod rulings should be a last resort. Like it or not, a mod ruling is effectively ironclad in the board. Whichever way it goes, it limits discussion, aggravates some users and doesn't actually resolve the argument.

I would rather mods just told everyone to shut up and leave it alone for a bit, rather than committing to stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm in an argument over in this thread, and I want the mods to weigh in because I'm on my last nerve and I want to end things before I say something I regret.

What I want a ruling on pertains to the Incredible Hulk Story Heart of a Monster, which ran from issues 630 to 635. Within that storyline, several Hulk villains gained access to a wishing well, and events eventually lead to Worldbreaker Hulk clashing with Red She-Hulk, and destroying the planet they were on, in the Dark Dimension.

My claim is not that the Hulk is a planet buster because of this feat, because it has been pointed out to me that the Dark Dimension has weaker gravity than the main universe and therefore planet's are easier to bust there.

What I'm claiming is that the during this storyline, the Hulk's power is NOT being amped by the wishing well, whereas others are claiming that he is.

Upon being told that the Hulk was being amped in this Storyline, I looked up a synopsis of the storyline, and found no mention of him being amped up, just him making wishes that did not have anything to do with his own power.

I told them that, and asked for a citation about the Hulk being amped. I was told this citation was in issues 633 and 634. So I read those issues, and still did not find any mention that the Hulk was amped up.

The others believed that because Hulk made a wish, that automatically meant that he was being amped up, on the logic that Red She-Hulk received an amp, and because the things the Hulk was doing in this storyline were beyond anything he'd done previously. However, I do think that is the case, and both of those pieces of evidence can be explained away.

First of all, Red She-Hulk's amp. She is definitely being amped, but the reason why she is getting amped would not result in the Hulk being amped. There's a seen in issues 634 where a villain explains how each of the Hulk Villains in the arc had their wishes monkey's pawed by the Wishing Well, and this includes a mention of how their current situation is what the Hulk wants. One of the things he mentions is that the Hulk wanted Betty Ross (who is the Red She-Hulk) to not be put in danger by the Hulk's power. The implication of this is that the Hulk's desire for Betty to not be endangered by her power was fulfilled by making her just as powerful as The Hulk was. Based on that Implication, it would not make sense for the Hulk to have also been amped up by the wish, because the wish is only amping Red She-Hulk up to match Bruce.

As for the point about the Hulk demonstrating stronger feats than what he's done before, that is given an explanation within the story that has nothing to do with the Wishing Well. To start with, The Hulk is specifically in his worldbreaker form, the form which is explicitly noted to be his strongest form, which has only been seen in one other storyline, where he was able to shake continents just by taking a step. The Worldbreaker forms limits are very nebulously defined due to his lack of screen time, and I think going from "Messes up continents taking a step" to "Messes up whole worlds when in an actual fight, in a dimensions where worlds are less durable anyway" is not out of line with his depiction. Furthermore in the Heart of the Monster storyline, The Hulk explicitly states that he was holding back the previous time he used the World Breaker form, due to the presence of innocent bystanders, and he is now not holding back because there are no innocents around.

TLDR: Hulk is not amped in that storyline because no one made a wish that would have amped him up, and because what he does is within logical extrapolations based on his previous depictions in the worldbreaker form

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My view is that mod rulings should be a last resort. Like it or not, a mod ruling is effectively ironclad in the board. Whichever way it goes, it limits discussion, aggravates some users and doesn't actually resolve the argument.

I would rather mods just told everyone to shut up and leave it alone for a bit, rather than committing to stuff.
    I don't do this lightly. I'm only doing it because (from my point of view) the others insulting me, refusing to to follow the board's rules, and trying to gaslight me by acting like I'm the one whose not following the rules.

Hey Guy, if you are going to make a proclamation, you should probably look through this thread wherein the issues are debated at greater length and in greater detail by more people prior to this occasion.

Also, I continue to advise against mod rulings being a salve against a poster not being able to be cool in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I don't do this lightly. I'm only doing it because (from my point of view) the others insulting me, refusing to to follow the board's rules, and trying to gaslight me by acting like I'm the one whose not following the rules.
    Maybe both you and Cronus should take a break and come back to it next week rather than seeking external litigation because neither of you seem able to keep your respective cool.

I don't know, might be worth a try rather than forever changing the things we can reasonably debate on the board?

Take a break. Have a drink, go outside and come back in a week.

One of my favorite mangas this year has been Gleipnir. Anyone read it?