Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

agreed on Phantom Seer We are careening towards an an early ending.

Real shame, it seemed like it had a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece: Everything is chaos here. Big Mom tussles with one of the few people available that go one on one with here. Apoo and Chopper are in dire straights as Queen makes plans for how to handle things. And there's one lie that Nami can't say to save her life.
    I like that Nami got her moment of saying it. Can't quite remember if she's had one before but still lol. Fights have been jumping around so much I wonder of they'll remain this chaotic or they will settle for a few chapters....though given how many characters are about, this may be the best method.

I would be more concerned about Chopper, but with him Law and Marco around, I'm sure they can put their heads together to make a cure of some sort

My Hero Academia: Dabi's continues to devastate the reputation of the hero system as a semi-unexpected ally appears. I do believe that the hero ranking is either going to be abolished or at least get quite the shake up.
    I completely forgot about him lol

Extraordinary Member

Jujutsu Kaisen: ROFL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I like that Nami got her moment of saying it. Can't quite remember if she's had one before but still lol. Fights have been jumping around so much I wonder of they'll remain this chaotic or they will settle for a few chapters....though given how many characters are about, this may be the best method.

I would be more concerned about Chopper, but with him Law and Marco around, I'm sure they can put their heads together to make a cure of some sort
    It's still pretty early in the assault so I get that there's a lot of chaos with tons of characters and storylines flying all over the place. But I do hope that things settle in a while and we get some juicy 1v1 action for at least Zoro and Sanji (Luffy's getting in on that Kaido beatdown one way or another), they should get a win each against a billion berry bounty opponent.

And yeah, with three super doctors on site Queen's bullets won't be a permanent problem.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i never really thought about looking into the guy who does knuckles' raps in SA 2.

after this vid, i'm glad i didn't. this guy is a total *******.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    agreed on Phantom Seer We are careening towards an an early ending.

Real shame, it seemed like it had a lot of potential.
    Yeah, but at least we still have Unluck Undead.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Gosu.

So, I'm torn.

On the one hand, I'm deeply disappointed with how things have proceeded with Hebi and so forth.

On the other, we've had some good stuff recently. I've rather liked the revelations about Gang Ryong's past - that was a deeply dramatic thing in the middle of a semi-comedy series that actually makes sense (ie, it looks like the writer isn't just pulling it out of the air; rather, they've planned this all along). Plus, it was fun to see the older generation of martial artists demonstrate their superiority over the younger, even over a powered up Gang Ryong.

Will Gosu redeem itself in my eyes? It has been fantastic up until this last arc. With some really good character development - it's in the middle of some of that now - rather than pointless fights against an ever-more-powerful adversary, it would. I have hope.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, pretty much in agreement with your assessment. Hebi was really poorly handled. The introduction of the Dan was extremely lame. We've had some good moments with Ryong but even those have felt a bit... uneven I guess?

It's not a bad series but it's definitely taken a misstep with this arc for me. I'll certainly keep reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, pretty much in agreement with your assessment. Hebi was really poorly handled. The introduction of the Dan was extremely lame. We've had some good moments with Ryong but even those have felt a bit... uneven I guess?

It's not a bad series but it's definitely taken a misstep with this arc for me. I'll certainly keep reading it.
    Well put.

I'm hopeful, given the recent stuff. The backstory makes even more sense now, some stuff we've 'learned' has been shown to be lies, we have information on Ryong's past and potentially reasons why he is the way he is, there's character development (hopefully it won't be rushed - liken you say, uneven), etc. The last few issues have come a long way toward making up for the Hebi/Dan stuff (and I'm pretty cursed happy about Ryong's Dan Powerup™ not really being that important - given Hebi isn't the main villain, despite him being annoying for chapters now - outside of 'allows him to sort-of fight against the Heavenly Destroyer on a day where Goo is trying to take him alive.'
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

I did not know that I needed to see this today.

New year's eve story for my wife going to be shorter this year. Thank goodness. Past 29K words, likely with another 10-12 pages to go, but the end is in sight.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    New year's eve story for my wife going to be shorter this year. Thank goodness. Past 29K words, likely with another 10-12 pages to go, but the end is in sight.
    Have you ever thought of publishing a festive anthology of your stories?

I know they’re intended for your wife’s consumption only, but... y’know... they’re already written...?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Have you ever thought of publishing a festive anthology of your stories?

I know they’re intended for your wife’s consumption only, but... y’know... they’re already written...?
    I've considered it. I'd need to rewrite some of them, because my writing has changed and I'd like to spruce them up (also, there are consistency issues that would need to be addressed - I 'know more' now than I did when I started these things). But not a lot. There are two different series, alternating year by year, though one of the series has for now run to an end (so I'll just be continuing various storylines in the other series). So there would be two different anthologies, one of which is tied to a novel I've written (and damned well almost got published, only to have it not make the final cut on the Baen editor's desk -_- ).

Could self-publish the lot.

They're not really all that festive, mind. ^_^ Happy endings? Mostly. But 'festive'... *wiggles hand*
    Why are we here?