nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Really, the Yakuza series always have the most kickass music. It's like a quarter of my playlist is nothing but this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This is true.

But such is the nature of video game characters with few concrete feats.

Though their analysis of Machamp's power reinforces my belief that all humans in the Pokemon world are unaging immortals (not just Ash) because otherwise the mere existence of certain Pokemon would be their doom!
    We all though Team Rocket had Cartoon Logic, but in reality pokehumans are just that tough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...so, for some unknown reason, DC has suddenly started putting Cass in something approximating her old outfit, and not calling her Orphan any more (it's CLOSE to her old outfit, but it's not exactly the same...but it's clearly 'Batgirl').

Weird.
    Probably the results of editorial changes

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So I guess the bigger question is... why watch Screw Attack. They're about as accurate at appraising feats as... well.

They're not accurate.
    I've long grown accustomed to being disappointed by versus discussion outside of CBR, and Deathbattles is still entertaining and well made. Every now and then they have a fantastic one too like Iron Man vs Lex Luthor or Raiden vs Wolverine

Extraordinary Member

So the performer who played Vanya on Umbrella Academy came out as Trans, and is now going by Elliott. Good for him.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The high-tier Naruto characters are actually many times more powerful than the high-tier One Piece characters. Rock Lee however is not even close to a high-tier character (in terms of power that is, in terms of actual character he's still super-endearing), and Sanji should thrash him.
    I know something that they're gonna use for Lee that might win him the fight: the Eight Gates. It's stated that Lee can use all Eight Gates, but he hasn't shown using it. So they're gonna equate him using the Eight Gates to Might Guy using the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i got no problems with the result fo that battle. it's the hulk-sized leaps in logic that make me roll my eyes.
    Meh, I consider Kakashi vs. Obi-wan to have FAAAAAR larger leaps in logic. "Luke claims that Obi-wan is equal in Force level to this one guy, so Obi-wan gets these ridiculously OP feats even though he never showed anything REMOTELY close to that level because since they both use the Force that means they can do the same things."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

It's pretty fun when you see Rumbles-esque discussion occasionally in other places though. I was on another forum looking at a versus thread on a forum not for versus fights and someone mentioned feats or something and my metaphorical ears perked up lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I know something that they're gonna use for Lee that might win him the fight: the Eight Gates. It's stated that Lee can use all Eight Gates, but he hasn't shown using it. So they're gonna equate him using the Eight Gates to Might Guy using the gates.

Meh, I consider Kakashi vs. Obi-wan to have FAAAAAR larger leaps in logic. "Luke claims that Obi-wan is equal in Force level to this one guy, so Obi-wan gets these ridiculously OP feats even though he never showed anything REMOTELY close to that level because since they both use the Force that means they can do the same things."
    it's similar to "goro is stronger than all of the other kombatants, including kabal. and since kabal is a bullet timer with legit super speed, then goro must be faster than him".

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's similar to "goro is stronger than all of the other kombatants.
    Liu Kang says hi while Shao Kahn laughs.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    We all though Team Rocket had Cartoon Logic, but in reality pokehumans are just that tough
    Exactly.

People in this world develop technology to capture physical embodiments of nature and draconic deities that control the fabric of reality and then domesticate these same captured godlike beings into being BFFs with them through sheer warrior presence.

Humans in the Pokemon world are just insanely hardcore.
    Checked it out, it's one mention in one Boruto episode. If they give Lee Gai's feats based on that then this episode is probably going to be one of their more controversial ones. It would also be a repeat of the All Might vs. Gai fight since Lee would die afterwards.
    I wasn't too happy that Obi-wan got feats from all kinds of continuities while Kakashi wasn't give his double sharingan since he only had it once, even though they're supposed to be at their strongest.

This kind of reasoning, though not to to the same extent, is also why I raise an eyebrow and their Hiei vs. Sasuke fight. Two people that are not Hiei cause a massive pillar of light to erupt into the sky and doesn't really do much else. But they hinge so much on Hiei's victory on him being on par with those two and that pillar being a MASSIVE display of measureable power. It was just quite the leap in logic.

This kind of reasoning, though not to to the same extent, is also why I raise an eyebrow and their Hiei vs. Sasuke fight. Two people that are not Hiei cause a massive pillar of light to erupt into the sky and doesn't really do much else. But they hinge so much on Hiei's victory on him being on par with those two and that pillar being a MASSIVE display of measureable power. It was just quite the leap in logic.
    Don't forget Hiei apparently being immune to electricity.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Don't forget Hiei apparently being immune to electricity.

And how in Bat-Girl vs Spider-Gwen they stated that Captain America was equal to Batman when in Batman vs Captain America one of the reasons why Batman won was he was far superior in hand-to-hand, being a master of all while Cap was only a master of some.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I don't actually play Fortnite but watching the Galactus event was pretty fun