nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, I stumbled upon this little CBR Article about the first half of Baki Season 2 and just...wow. Way to miss the entire subtext of what was going on. It seems that nuance really is dead.
    as soon as the author called baki a "wrestler", i knew my eyes would be tortured by this.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as soon as the author called baki a "wrestler", i knew my eyes would be tortured by this.
    CBR's articles are just... just awful. I can't think of a single one I've read that's been even halfway accurate.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    CBR's articles are just... just awful. I can't think of a single one I've read that's been even halfway accurate.
    between this, the "xmen orgins wolverine is better than logan" and that stupid list of characters in one piece who could beat kaidoh, i think CBR just pulls hobos off the street and just tell them to write random ****.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

between this, the "xmen orgins wolverine is better than logan" and that stupid list of characters in one piece who could beat kaidoh, i think CBR just pulls hobos off the street and just tell them to write random ****.
    CBR: "We'll give you this bottle of booze if you can justify why Rogue can beat UI Goku"

Blech
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yes!

This would be so much better.

Like, I enjoy MCU Spider-man. He's a fun take on the character, but there are things that feel missing. They gloss over a few too many story beats that should be important to the character, this being one of them. And I'm worried that's going to continue with whatever live action Spider-verse extravaganza they're planning.
    Got some serious feels from that video man.

Really hope they give him some good interactions with the Spider-Men as well. Having people who can talk about things other than Tony will be good for him.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

CBR articles are basically "Find out what's popular in geek culture, pull a hobo off the street, have them half-skim a wikia about it, then write what they remember about it".

Only reason I can give for their articles about MHA, DBZ, JJBA, etc. Hell, their article "10 Things About Mirko That Make No Sense" is mostly questions they've got about her, such as "Does she have a love life", "Where Did She Get Her Training", "Where Was She During This Event", etc.

But even worse is in one of the only non-questions topics in the article, as the writer believes she's "more rabbit than human" because... she eats carrots while having rabbit ears. Which apparently means she's "giving into her animal side" and is sign of "alarming change in her genetics". I am not kidding. Which means the writer obviously not only doesn't watch the show, but also gets all their knowledge on rabbits from Bugs Bunny. They probably also think that rabbits harass hunters with speech impediments and height-challenged wild west outlaws when they're not going the wrong way from Albuquerque!
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

In the latest Wonder Woman, we see a fine example of Deathstroke's Jobber Aura inducing PIS in the central character.

spoilers:
    The fight actually STARTS with Diana speedblitzing him and punching him. Somehow this does NOT KO him instantly. Then they fight each other. Yep, after Diana cleanly speedblitzes him, they fight for a couple of pages. Chatting. Maybe she wanted to chat? I dunno. But it's silly.
    end of spoilers

I'm so over Deathstroke (not that I've EVER liked the character, but...).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-09-2020 at 05:38 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Messed your tags there Sharp.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Messed your tags there Sharp.
    So I did. Apologies, and fixed.

Not that there's a lot of spoiler happening, but still.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Commence Leg Sweeping!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Soon.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

And because I'm hopeless IzuOcha trash(and damn proud of it!):

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!