Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

I wanna not get hype but I still kind am
    *screams*

Gaaaahhhh.... o_O
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I don’t think there’s any question we will be playing Mass Effect multiplayer today. It was kind of on the agenda anyways, but I think it’s locked in now.

Wife almost cried when I showed her the trailer.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

would imagine they'll canonize the destroy ending

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    would imagine they'll canonize the destroy ending
    I would rather see the merging ending, as I feel it offers some REALLY interesting possibilities, but yeah, it’s possible they’ll go ‘destroy’.

I don’t NEED Shepard - her story is fairly complete for me (and her sacrifice well-foreshadowed and dramatically appropriate). What I need is a return to a game where ‘open world’ and ‘fetch quests’ are not prioritized.

...same for DA, really, but of slightly less importance to me.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-11-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    Why are we here?

...those damn shards in Dragon Age 3. ;P
    Why are we here?

Also, I hope ME 5 multiplayer is more close to 3; ME 4 even got THAT wrong. :P
    Why are we here?

Eh, I think Bioware's going to be under so much pressure to course correct after Andromeda and Anthem that of course they'll bring Sheppard back, if nothing else that'll move copies. Also Liara doesn't look green and glowy enough for the synthesis ending from what we see at least(granted not much)

Eh, I think Bioware's going to be under so much pressure to course correct after Andromeda and Anthem that of course they'll bring Sheppard back, if nothing else that'll move copies. Also Liara doesn't look green and glowy enough for the synthesis ending from what we see at least(granted not much)
    I admit that Liara is looking more normal.

I’m just hoping!
    Why are we here?

Hopefully EA let’s them do their thing. I know it can be great.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I would rather see the merging ending, as I feel it offers some REALLY interesting possibilities, but yeah, it’s possible they’ll go ‘destroy’.

I don’t NEED Shepard - her story is fairly complete for me (and her sacrifice well-foreshadowed and dramatically appropriate). What I need is a return to a game where ‘open world’ and ‘fetch quests’ are not prioritized.

...same for DA, really, but of slightly less importance to me.
    I think the synthesis ending would be basically too ambitious for me to trust they could pull it off anyway. Definitely for current Bioware but even with past Bioware it's just too big a thing I feel. Unless you mean the Control ending which i do think I would like.

Either way, anything is up after Andromeda, although I didn't hate that one as much by the end.

Also that was Liara at the end right? I can't tell most Asari apart still xD
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Hopefully EA let’s them do their thing. I know it can be great.
    Bioware's "thing" the last two games unfortunately has basically been to lack direction and leadership until basically the last moment and count on "Bioware magic" to make a quality game. They got extremely lucky in Dragonage Inquisition and it blew up spectacularly in their face for Anthem, so as weird as it is to type this it may actually be good if EA does tighten the leash a bit this time

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think the synthesis ending would be basically too ambitious for me to trust they could pull it off anyway. Definitely for current Bioware but even with past Bioware it's just too big a thing I feel. Unless you mean the Control ending which i do think I would like.

Either way, anything is up after Andromeda, although I didn't hate that one as much by the end.

Also that was Liara at the end right? I can't tell most Asari apart still xD
    Looked like Liara.

I didn’t finish Andromeda. Ugh.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Looked like Liara.

I didn’t finish Andromeda. Ugh.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.