https://deadline.com/2020/12/chris-p...nt-1234656156/

Weird. I'm guessing this is not Chris Pine as a GM though
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Considering that before this fight, the Naruto franchise had a 2-to-1 ratio of wins/losses in Death Battle, I wonder who's going to be sacrificed alongside Rock Lee so Naruto can get a third win?

Will it be Sakura? Or will she be spared and get the glorious third victory?
    Who would be a good opponent for Sakura? Rukia maybe, or somebody with super strength, or a healer character? Many questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Madara vs Aizen is a very likely match up.
    Yeah, that one seems pretty likely.

Not Naruto, but Big Three related. I hope they do Zoro vs. Kenpachi at some point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover:Mereoleona's pure mana transformation makes me wonder if this is foreshadowing for characters like Asta, Noelle, and Yuno going forward.
    Seems pretty likely since they're all already able to basically cover themselves in their magic for a boost in power. Semi-turning into their magic energy seems like a magic-logical next step.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 12-15-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Who would be a good opponent for Sakura? Rukia maybe, or somebody with super strength, or a healer character? Many questions.

Not Naruto, but Big Three related. I hope they do Zoro vs. Kenpachi at some point.
    I'm sure that's a frequent request, so we'll get it.

As for Sakura's possible opponents, Orihime might be an interesting opponent

Undead Unluck: I am officially getting flashbacks of Deadman Wonderland with Andy and Victor's new blood-based weapons. Also, BLOOD KAMEHAMEHA!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I'm sure that's a frequent request, so we'll get it.

As for Sakura's possible opponents, Orihime might be an interesting opponent
    Problem with those ideas is that Zoro and Sakura would be fighting invisible opponents, meaning they're at a severe disadvantage... Well, maybe not Zoro, since he has observation haki, which might let him be able to somewhat perceive Kenpachi like Naruto could Ichigo. But Sakura... yeah, no she'd be completely screwed against both Rukia and Orihime.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Problem with those ideas is that Zoro and Sakura would be fighting invisible opponents, meaning they're at a severe disadvantage... Well, maybe not Zoro, since he has observation haki, which might let him be able to somewhat perceive Kenpachi like Naruto could Ichigo. But Sakura... yeah, no she'd be completely screwed against both Rukia and Orihime.
    Does Orihime have the same invisibility thing going on that the soul reapers and hollows do?

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah. I forgot that Death Battle doesn't handwave the ability to see Bleach spirits like we do.
    Does Orihime have the same invisibility thing going on that the soul reapers and hollows do?
    Nope. Orihime is a human so she would be visible to everybody. Her powers might be invisible though, not sure. But she's so much of a support character that I don't think she's a good fit for Death Battle.

Oh yeah. I forgot that Death Battle doesn't handwave the ability to see Bleach spirits like we do.
    Yeah. Why it's hard to put Bleach characters into fights against most characters unless you completely ignore the fact that they can't be seen by them, which Death Battle doesn't. I think the only reason they made Naruto vs Ichigo is because Naruto had feats of being able to sense/fight what were essentially Bleach characters. Otherwise the fight would have been an eventual Ichigo curbstomp.

Nope. Orihime is a human so she would be visible to everybody. Her powers might be invisible though, not sure. But she's so much of a support character that I don't think she's a good fit for Death Battle.
    Neat to know. Haven't read Bleach, so I didn't know there were characters of note that didn't become invisible to use their powers in the manga.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Dark Soul 7's Mihara

Up next:

SubZeroMKA
    FistofIron
    Nik Hasta

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Dark Soul 7's Mihara

I love her!

Ahh, she looks so cool! Just like how I pictured her. I'm feeling all giddy just seeing her.

Thank you for doing this.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    https://deadline.com/2020/12/chris-p...nt-1234656156/

Weird. I'm guessing this is not Chris Pine as a GM though
    ANOTHER D&D movie?

Based on past movies, the question is not 'will it suck?', but 'how bad?'
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ANOTHER D&D movie?

Based on past movies, the question is not 'will it suck?', but 'how bad?'
    Hey! Hey now! Let's take a moment here.

As detailed in my podcast, Dungeons and Dragons II: Wrath of the Dragon God is way better and more fun than it had any business being! I am quite protective of that film because it was so much better than the first one despite having a lower budget and, more pertinently, so much better than I expected it to be.

IDK about the new one though. I do like Chris Pine as a performer but he's not enough to sell me in isolation.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hey! Hey now! Let's take a moment here.

As detailed in my podcast, Dungeons and Dragons II: Wrath of the Dragon God is way better and more fun than it had any business being! I am quite protective of that film because it was so much better than the first one despite having a lower budget and, more pertinently, so much better than I expected it to be.

IDK about the new one though. I do like Chris Pine as a performer but he's not enough to sell me in isolation.
    I'll need to listen to your podcast, then. I just recall them being horrific, and don't remember which one is the one you're talking about.

*checks*

Oh, it's THAT one. Where they actually have a teleportation malfunction (edit: and barbarian rage). Okay, that one was...terrible, but in an amusing way, so fair enough. Having said that, I still want to listen to the podcast, as your stuff is invariable hilarious and gets me to look at things differently. ^_^

The first one was just garbage; Jeremy Irons couldn't help it at all.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-15-2020 at 06:09 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate