Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

How recent were those trailers? Because if they're a couple years old, they're based on Old Broly, and Hulk has significantly better odds on that version
    They're for this particular episode, which is the reason I asked.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Undead Unluck: So, the strength of a Negator's ability and its applications is solely dependent on the perception and interpretation of said-ability? Now, this is a power-scaling system that I can get behind. I can't wait to see the other members take advantage of this knowledge.

Phantom Seer: Wow, Komachi, I apologize for my preconceptions about you being a yandere and I hope Iori and Riku will be able to save you. And Kanzaki, **** you.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

There's a longstanding debate over whether Broly did that all at once, or over time.
    between getting this bone thrown to him and the DBFighterz new this must be Kirran's best Christmas ever

Extraordinary Member

There's a longstanding debate over whether Broly did that all at once, or over time.
    So he either did with one attack (which would be possible since DBZ movie characters are kinda nuts even compared to the regular series) or moved around really super fast destroying the galaxy bit by bit. Either way, that's a lot of power (more than enough to injure any version of the Hulk), and again, he's just so much faster.

Then we have Super Broly, who by power scaling is quite insane too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So he either did with one attack (which would be possible since DBZ movie characters are kinda nuts even compared to the regular series) or moved around really super fast destroying the galaxy bit by bit. Either way, that's a lot of power (more than enough to injure any version of the Hulk), and again, he's just so much faster.

Then we have Super Broly, who by power scaling is quite insane too.
    The associated expectation with the "done over time" interpretation is that what we see in the Broly film is a time lapse, not real time. Which puts old Broly in a space where, while I would personally back him over the Hulk, I can see how someone would form an argument for the Hulk beating Broly. Hulk's many fights with Thor are a big help for him in that regard

Super Broly, of course, is so vastly beyond Hulk and Thor that there's no argument for Hulk beating him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Phantom Seer: Wow, Komachi, I apologize for my preconceptions about you being a yandere and I hope Iori and Riku will be able to save you. And Kanzaki, **** you.
    Yeah, Kanzaki is an exploitative little **** and I'll be happy to see him thrashed. Hopefully Kurose can help Komachi regain some semblance of humanity when all is said and done. Poor kid deserves that much at least.

My Hero Academia: That seems to be a wrap on the war part of this brilliant war arc, with the only real winner being All For One, which is not what I was expecting to be honest. And Deku's slowly becoming something akin to Spider-man in terms of power set, I approve of this. But I approve even more that he wants to help Shigaraki. Deku's such a good boy.

Black Clover: Well that wasy easy. There will absolutely be no twist to this. One of the main bad guys went down like a chump and that's that. He will not be getting up again...IS WHAT THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE!!!

One Piece: Wait... is Kaido a Gyrados?

Whether Kaido is the Atrocious Pokemon or not, he and Big Mom hanging out in one place now, and they both have to be taken down. I just have no idea about who's going to do what part of that ask because it's going to need a major team effort.

Next chapter is chapter 1000. Wow. One Piece is really long...AND IT KICKS SO MUCH ASS!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

edit: i gotta say, this might be my favorite SCP yet. and not just because it's about tupac. and the fact that volgun actually had tracks created by someone who sounds just like tupac.
    Last edited by master of read; 12-20-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting choice. Not Byakuya, Kenpachi or Yhwach like a lot of people expected. It does add another woman to the roster and she does get to show of some powers that the anime crowd won't see until the series returns, which has been an ongoing thing with the Bleach characters.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 12-20-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Every now and then I get the urge to make up hypothetical Smash Rosters. Here's what I would do for a Shonen Jump Smash game

1. Son Goku
    2. Naruto Uzumaki
    3. Monkey D. Luffy
    4. Ichigo Kurosaki
    5. Joseph Joestar
    6. Izuku Midoriya
    7. Tanjiro Kamado
    8. Yugi Moto
    9. Yuji Itadori
    10. Yusuke Urameshi
    11. Senku Ishigami
    12. Kenshiro
    13. Pegasus Seiya
    14. Kankichi Ryotsu
    15. Arale Norimaki
    16. Gon & Killua
    17. Dai
    18. Ryo Saeba
    19. Medaka Kurokami
    20. Asta
    21. Shinobu Sensui
    22. Mahito
    23. Seto Kaiba
    24. Kibutsuji Muzan
    25. Tomura Shigaraki
    26. Dio Brando
    27. Ulquiorra Cifer
    28. Black Beard
    29. Sasuke Uchiha
    30. Vegeta

Learning the game of Go with a friend today and its way more interesting/complex than I thought.

Also way harder.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Learning the game of Go with a friend today and its way more interesting/complex than I thought.

Also way harder.
    i learned a while back. it's nuts.

also learned how to play mahjong. it's rather simple once you know what it is.

and now, here's something pretty cool.

greentea, one of the best tetris players on earth playing tetris effect as the last boss of a tournament.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Wife's New Years Eve 2020 story - Twisting In The Wind - now complete at 38k+ words, post fourth edit.

Will now crawl away and die for a while.

Faceplant.jpg
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-21-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Wife's New Years Eve 2020 story - Twisting In The Wind - now complete at 38k+ words, post fourth edit.

Will now crawl away and die for a while.
    Are all these stories I keep hearing about wife-exclusive, or is there somewhere they can be acquired (for the appropriate fee)?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Are all these stories I keep hearing about wife-exclusive, or is there somewhere they can be acquired (for the appropriate fee)?
    Sadly, wife-exclusive for now, simply because I don't have anything 'out there' (not because they're private at this point). There has been some discussion of attempting to create a couple of downloadable compendiums of each storyline (there are two different ones), but nothing concrete at the moment.

Appreciate the thought, though!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate