nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After Christmas sales may mean you can buy two items for the price of one. Look for the silver lining. It's not always there, however if you find one it might make things work out better.
    i'll see what i can get but honestly, i don't feel like buying anything at the moment. maybe i'll just save it or something.

I have an idea for an RPG, but there are probably too many RPGs on Rumbles already. Should I post my idea or hold off?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I have an idea for an RPG, but there are probably too many RPGs on Rumbles already. Should I post my idea or hold off?
    Definitely voting for hold; even the somewhat active game here feels like it's gasping for life, so adding another game to the mix probably isn't going to help matters.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Can anyone here think of a superhero comic character (hero or villain) whose initials are "ED"?

I was going over my superhero universe world-building project that I work on about one month a year as a hobby, and I noticed one character whose only description is: "Special ED-SM Type." I remember writing that and thinking I'd probably recall what it meant, but turns out I don't. I'm pretty sure SM stands for "Superman," but I'm drawing a blank on the ED.

What kind of game?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Definitely voting for hold; even the somewhat active game here feels like it's gasping for life, so adding another game to the mix probably isn't going to help matters.
    That makes sense. I can tuck the idea away in the event that an opening occurs later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    Can anyone here think of a superhero comic character (hero or villain) whose initials are "ED"?

I was going over my superhero universe world-building project that I work on about one month a year as a hobby, and I noticed one character whose only description is: "Special ED-SM Type." I remember writing that and thinking I'd probably recall what it meant, but turns out I don't. I'm pretty sure SM stands for "Superman," but I'm drawing a blank on the ED.

What kind of game?
    It's one part Sandbox, one part fantasy/mystery/adventure.

I'll give you the brief overview:

Wayside: Island of the Forgotten

A mysterious island. A group of characters (who don't know they are characters), discarded or never used by their creators, plucked from their respective universes. All trapped on the Island and stranded there together.

There is more to it than that. It's not an uncommon trope, but I have some twists in mind that I think would have made it interesting.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

A group of characters (who don't know they are characters), discarded or never used by their creators, plucked from their respective universes. All trapped on the Island and stranded there together.
    So, it's like a meta-thing where the PCs are actual fictional characters in-universe?
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Eric Draven?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Maybe Eric Draven?
    Well, I don't know who that is, so probably not.

It's annoying because I must have felt pretty sure I'd remember what the acronyms meant, like it felt obvious at the time. I don't even use acronyms for the other character types.
    -Homer Simpson.

-Homestuck.

If the GM was working in essential services during the holiday rush in the middle of a pandemic, can't say I'd blame him.

Perhaps we can work backwards here. Can you give an example of another entry in this project?

That makes sense. I can tuck the idea away in the event that an opening occurs later on.

It's one part Sandbox, one part fantasy/mystery/adventure.

I'll give you the brief overview:

Wayside: Island of the Forgotten

A mysterious island. A group of characters (who don't know they are characters), discarded or never used by their creators, plucked from their respective universes. All trapped on the Island and stranded there together.

There is more to it than that. It's not an uncommon trope, but I have some twists in mind that I think would have made it interesting.
    Seems like a neat idea to me.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    If the GM was working in essential services during the holiday rush in the middle of a pandemic, can't say I'd blame him.
    Funny enough, the game's felt more active during this period than it has during other, presumably less stressing stretches of time, hence "gasping for life" instead of "doing the zombie shuffle".

Funny enough, the game's felt more active during this period than it has during other, presumably less stressing stretches of time, hence "gasping for life" instead of "doing the zombie shuffle".
    Presumably being the operative word here. Inspiration is often a fleeting thing.

Are you sure it wasn’t a D&D sex fetishist thing, and ED-SM doesn’t stand for Elf/Dwarf Sado-Masochism?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Presumably being the operative word here. Inspiration is often a fleeting thing.
    No doubt; on the physical (i.e. non-digital) front, I haven't felt like running anything since my last (to me) disastrous session about a month back, and haven't really felt like playing any game (that I can actually consistently make it to - there's plenty of stuff I can't consistently make it to that I'd want to be in or things I can make it consistently to that I don't want to be in) for probably the last few years.