Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    So, it's like a meta-thing where the PCs are actual fictional characters in-universe?
    Only they might not know it. That's a potential plot element.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Perhaps we can work backwards here. Can you give an example of another entry in this project?
    For the ones I didn't write extended bios for, it's basically just a name followed by powers or general archetype, plus any extra stuff I found worth keeping in mind. Like this:

Deluge (High-level aquakinetic. Magneto Type.)
    Interceptor (Speedster?)
    Doctor Synth (Inventor, creator of The Metal.)
    Starburst (Captain Marvel/Supergirl type, rival of Hyperdyne)

Apparently I named the character in question Prototype, and he (?) is the only one with an abbreviated description. Also, "special" means he's different from the others somehow, but I can't remember exactly how. Possibly he got his powers in an atypical way, or serves a very specific function.

Edit: It's possible "ED" is not specifically a superhero type character, though it should still be something fairly compatible. (Sci-fi, perhaps?) I tend not to stray much into other subjects when I get hyper-focused on something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Are you sure it wasn’t a D&D sex fetishist thing, and ED-SM doesn’t stand for Elf/Dwarf Sado-Masochism?
    I'm, like, 97% sure that isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Only they might not know it. That's a potential plot element.
    Right, I got that part. Does this mean they can be any kind of character from any genre?
    Last edited by Fervidor; 12-26-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    For the ones I didn't write extended bios for, it's basically just a name followed by powers or general archetype, plus any extra stuff I found worth keeping in mind. Like this:

Deluge (High-level aquakinetic. Magneto Type.)
    Interceptor (Speedster?)
    Doctor Synth (Inventor, creator of The Metal.)
    Starburst (Captain Marvel/Supergirl type, rival of Hyperdyne)

Apparently I named the character in question Prototype, and he (?) is the only one with an abbreviated description. Also, "special" means he's different from the others somehow, but I can't remember exactly how. Possibly he got his powers in an atypical way, or serves a very specific function.

Edit: It's possible "ED" is not specifically a superhero type character, though it should still be something fairly compatible. (Sci-fi, perhaps?) I tend not to stray much into other subjects when I get hyper-focused on something like this.

I'm, like, 97% sure that isn't it.

Right, I got that part. Does this mean they can be any kind of character from any genre?
    Yes, the nature of the Island makes it so that very different characters can co-exist. I don't want to give away too much, just in case.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The alternate title of this video could be: Kira's Personal Hell.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yes, the nature of the Island makes it so that very different characters can co-exist. I don't want to give away too much, just in case.
    It does sound interesting, and I may want to try to be around so I can sign up.

Mainly I could see there being balance issues, depending on how the game is supposed to be played. Like, some might play superheroes or demigods with amazing power, while others might decide to play as, like, Winnie the Pooh or something.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I haven't looked at this project in a while but, with the 5.0 trailer dropping this week, I have to just gush about beautiful the sprite work is in this game:

Absolutely beautiful work by the fans, evocative of Toriyama's work but with a really distinct and strong visual identity. Love it so much!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Ah damn, he was only 41. RIP
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

he was finally reaching the potential the E never saw and now........

RIP to one of this generation's great big men.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    ....I'm actually speechless atm learning this....

the last promo he cut before he faced cody in a dog collar match, which would be his last match.

still brilliant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

the last promo he cut before he faced cody in a dog collar match, which would be his last match.

still brilliant.
    Well, at least his last dance was a great one

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Well, at least his last dance was a great one
    he danced with one of the best wrestlers in the world in front of a absolute legend.

i can't imagine a better final match than that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I decided to look into this because I assumed that this was an original IP that ASW created, not a spin-off title of an existing game franchise. And after looking into Dungeon and Fighter(and watching a few animated character trailers) I think I may have become a fan.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Alright, I know that this will be spoilers, so I'm going to warn you as well as properly tag it. So, if you don't want to know the results of Hulk vs. Broly, then don't read.

spoilers:
    Broly wins. And the finale has Broly and Hulk break reality, where Broly essentially headbutts Hulk to death, which proceeds to also unbreak reality.

Also, they have indicators for Next Season, and some of the them I know are Luke Skywalker, Cloud Strife, I think someone from Attack on Titan (not sure), and a Steven Universe character (possibly Steven himself).
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis