Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    Oh that's awesome! Best of luck!
    Thank you very much. My coach is a damn monster haha.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

a compilation of mr. brodie lee on BTE.

i thought i could handle tonight's ep of Dynamite.

i was wrong.

i was soooooooooo wrong.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

this was by far the best show AEW has done all year.

and it came about because of the death of one of wrestling most beloved stars.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This already on my social etc, but thought I'd dump it here since it's been a while since I've put art in Downtown. Here is my Art vs the Artist - 2020 Edition.

Despite everything and the darkness of the year, it's been a good year for me artistically. I have definitely used art as an outlet for my emotions and having a focus and something to work on has really helped in the low points of the pandemic. I've improved on my focus, process and polish, I've experimented with new techniques and materials and really aimed to grow as an artist and feel I have levelled up as a result.

I have also drawn and inked 29 pages out of a 33 page short that I'm working on which I intend to finish this next year and stick on Gumroad for a free download.

This year has been extremely difficult but art and having a creative outlet is so important at these times. Please enjoy my dumb face and a sample of stuff I made this year:

There images, and everything else I've made this year, are available to view in full on my Deviant Art account if you are so inclined.

Happy New Year chaps, have a good one! Stay safe!
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-31-2020 at 05:21 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This already on my social etc, but thought I'd dump it here since it's been a while since I've put art in Downtown. Here is my Art vs the Artist - 2020 Edition.

Despite everything and the darkness of the year, it's been a good year for me artistically. I have definitely used art as an outlet for my emotions and having a focus and something to work on has really helped in the low points of the pandemic. I've improved on my focus, process and polish, I've experimented with new techniques and materials and really aimed to grow as an artist and feel I have levelled up as a result.

I have also drawn and inked 29 pages out of a 33 page short that I'm working on which I intend to finish this next year and stick on Gumroad for a free download.

This year has been extremely difficult but art and having a creative outlet is so important at these times. Please enjoy my dumb face and a sample of stuff I made this year:

There images, and everything else I've made this year, are available to view in full on my Deviant Art account if you are so inclined.

Happy New Year chaps, have a good one! Stay safe!
    Awesome, Nik - will be having a look at this.

Happy New Year, and stay safe yourself!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Happy New Year, all!

...Of course, gotta wait till tonight for that to happen on my end.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

I randomly happened across a website that is, essentially, like one of those manga scanlation sites except for western comic books. I didn't even know that was a thing. Seeing as I literally don't even know any place that even sells comics around these parts, I've been reading more comic books over the last couple of days than I have for the past couple of decades.

It occurs to me that in a setting where people suddenly get superhuman powers, supervillains would probably appear first, then the heroes show up like sort of a reaction? Fighting evil sure wouldn't be my first impulse if I had super powers, unless some maniac was trying to take over the world or blow it up or something. Just a thought.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well I'm always down for another RPG where I get to play a Godly Taran from Scion 2 or something.

If someone plays Winnie the Pooh though, that's kind of their fault for lowballing the power curve.
    That was sorta my point. What's the motivation for playing a character who isn't incredibly badass? I mean, some might do it just for the hell of it, but there's no advantage. And if everyone plays heroes with amazing powers, well, that seems to miss the point. That's just a regular sci-fi/fantasy/superhero setting.

If anything, the concept seems to lend itself exceptionally well to Mary Sue-type power fantasies. And I totally get that, it's part of why a lot of us partake in RPGs in the first place. I'm just concerned that this whole idea may be more suited for a story that tries to say something about the nature of art and fiction, rather than an RPG that lets people live out their fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Where's that from? The girl looks somewhat familiar but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that show.
    Last edited by Fervidor; 12-31-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    I randomly happened across a website that is, essentially, like one of those manga scanlation sites except for western comic books. I didn't even know that was a thing. Seeing as I literally don't even know any place that even sells comics around these parts, I've been reading more comic books over the last couple of days than I have for the past couple of decades.

It occurs to me that in a setting where people suddenly get superhuman powers, supervillains would probably appear first, then the heroes show up like sort of a reaction? Fighting evil sure wouldn't be my first impulse if I had super powers, unless some maniac was trying to take over the world or blow it up or something. Just a thought.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all of you.

That was sorta my point. What's the motivation for playing a character who isn't incredibly badass? I mean, some might do it just for the hell of it, but there's no advantage. And if everyone plays heroes with amazing powers, well, that seems to miss the point. That's just a regular sci-fi/fantasy/superhero setting.

If anything, the concept seems to lend itself exceptionally well to Mary Sue-type power fantasies. And I totally get that, it's part of why a lot of us partake in RPGs in the first place. I'm just concerned that this whole idea may be more suited for a story that tries to say something about the nature of art and fiction, rather than an RPG that lets people live out their fantasies.

Where's that from? The girls looks somewhat familiar but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that show.
    I had to do a little research myself

Akari Acura from chaika the coffin princess
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I had to do a little research myself

Akari Acura from chaika the coffin princess
    Well, now I'm even more confused, because I've never even heard of that anime before.

I might be getting her mixed up with some other green-haired anime girl, not that I could name very many of those.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.