My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I urge all One Piec fans to read this analysis of Chapter 1000

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2021/0...epth-analysis/
    I will take a gander at that after work.

Also, as a celebration of the 1000th chapter they've launched a global character poll, with voting going on until the end of Febuary, and people can vote once a day: https://onepiecewt100.com/en/

It's a fun idea and I look forward to seeing which characters come out on top.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

You know, if I was a mutant in the Marvel universe, I'd just lie my ass off about it.

"Nah, I'm not a mutant. I got my powers back when I was part of a secret super-soldier experiment and accidentally got exposed to cosmic radioactivity from a magical artifact recovered from a crashed alien spaceship."
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

what I'll be watching on Sunday.

My Forum check it out

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I will take a gander at that after work.

Also, as a celebration of the 1000th chapter they've launched a global character poll, with voting going on until the end of Febuary, and people can vote once a day: https://onepiecewt100.com/en/

It's a fun idea and I look forward to seeing which characters come out on top.
    Hmm... they let you see who is currently leading in each region.

With the exception of the Japan, every region currently has the Monster Trio, with either Zoro or Luffy in first place.

Japan has Zoro in first, Luffy in second and Law in third.

I'm impressed by how niche their character choices are as well. They really did their homework. You can vote for the Rug Bear from Thriller Bark or the members of the Whitebeard Pirates who were in like one panel at Marineford if you want.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    You know, if I was a mutant in the Marvel universe, I'd just lie my ass off about it.

"Nah, I'm not a mutant. I got my powers back when I was part of a secret super-soldier experiment and accidentally got exposed to cosmic radioactivity from a magical artifact recovered from a crashed alien spaceship."
    Sounds like a good idea, but at some point some government asshole would show up with a mutant-detection gadget, expose you and then everybody would suddenly hate you even though you saved their county from being destroyed by a cat-faced meteor or something.

And then you die so that Logan or Emma Frost or somebody can feel bad about it.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea, but at some point some government asshole would show up with a mutant-detection gadget, expose you and then everybody would suddenly hate you even though you saved their county from being destroyed by a cat-faced meteor or something.
    Actually, I wonder if that would work in reverse? Like if someone fabricated evidence that, say, Captain America was a mutant all along and the super-soldier serum was just a cover story, would everyone just immediately turn on him?

Oh, the formula for the serum was lost immediately after that one successful procedure and nobody has been able to successfully replicate it ever since? How convenient!

Also, I would have befriended the cat-faced meteor (after beating it up) thereby gaining a powerful and trustworthy companion. Turns out the real super-power was friendship all along.

Well, obviously I wouldn't join the X-Men. That's like putting on a t-shirt that reads: "I'm a mutant. Please persecute and murder me." Would be counter-productive.
    Last edited by Fervidor; 01-05-2021 at 03:08 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There has got to be a "stain my house with your bra" joke in there somewhere.

Also, that must have been disturbing to Rock on so many levels.
    Rock seems likely to be horribly confused by all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We don’t use either term, Humidex or Heat Index.

I know when it’s hot here it’s humid compared to mainland Europe (which doesn’t mean much - most of Europe is pretty dry, heat-wise), but it’s not exactly India, Brazil or Singapore.

Similarly though, I’ve known people who live in the Austrian Alps who visit the UK in winter and say they’ve never felt so cold (despite it being empirically much less cold) because it’s such a damp cold that it gets into your bones.
    It's what happens here, in Ottawa. The damp cold just sinks right in, and when it's (somehow) damp and -25C, it's horrid. So we end up with Albertans who suffer through -45C, -50C weather coming here and saying 'why am I indoors and still freezing?'.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hey Tami could you edit that down to just a link? We do have some arachnophobes on the site.
    Thank you, Guy1 - that just me from likely throwing stuff at my screen and then writing up a scathing post that Tami doesn't deserve.

Getting phobia-shocked does nothing good for my restraint. Or sense.

I like this idea, but Dark Soul hit it on the head - 'mutant detectors' are a thing in Marvel. They hate mutants that much.

And this.

Actually, I wonder if that would work in reverse? Like if someone fabricated evidence that, say, Captain America was a mutant all along and the super-soldier serum was just a cover story, would everyone just immediately turn on him?

Oh, the formula for the serum was lost immediately after that one successful procedure and nobody has been able to successfully replicate it ever since? How convenient!

Also, I would have befriended the cat-faced meteor (after beating it up) thereby gaining a powerful and trustworthy companion. Turns out the real super-power was friendship all along.

Well, obviously I wouldn't join the X-Men. That's like putting on a t-shirt that reads: "I'm a mutant. Please persecute and murder me." Would be counter-productive.
    Sadly, basically every hero in Marvel has the public turn on them multiple times. It's kind of a thing that the Marvel public likes to hate on heroes (as opposed to the DC public, to the point where it's actually commented on, in-character, by both sides in the DC/Marvel crossover).

Mutants just have it worse.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-05-2021 at 05:16 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

True, but it does make that murder no more than a temporary inconvenience, even before the advent of the Krakoa resurrection crew.

Unless you’re 616 Changeling.

Because Xavier doesn’t care about him. The dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sadly, basically every hero in Marvel has the public turn on them multiple times. It's kind of a thing that the Marvel public likes to hate on heroes (as opposed to the DC public, to the point where it's actually commented on, in-character, by both sides in the DC/Marvel crossover).

Mutants just have it worse.
    Well, I guess them, Spidey and Hulk.

But Hulk kind of earned that hatred. Spidey not so much.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

True, but it does make that murder no more than a temporary inconvenience, even before the advent of the Krakoa resurrection crew.

Unless you’re 616 Changeling.

Because Xavier doesn’t care about him. The dick.
    Xavier is a dick, water is wet, sky is blue...hey, remember when Charles was a good person all-around? Like, thirty-five years ago (though we did get that 'Professor Xavier is a Jerk' issue)?

Well, I guess them, Spidey and Hulk.

But Hulk kind of earned that hatred. Spidey not so much.
    Truth.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

If you think of all the obscure mutants that have been resurrected on Krakoa, the fact that they haven’t bothered resurrecting the first X-Man to really die (Changeling) really is kinda dickish.

I mean it’s not like the writers are worried about it ruining some kind of sacred moment in X-Men history. His death was massively overshadowed by John Proudstar’s, and they’ve gone as far as resurrecting him (Thunderbird).

But Changeling. Screw that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Xavier is a dick, water is wet, sky is blue...hey, remember when Charles was a good person all-around? Like, thirty-five years ago (though we did get that 'Professor Xavier is a Jerk' issue)?
    Yeah, but then... Rogue. He wasn’t exactly great with her.

And he didn’t sort Logan’s memory.

Oh, and we found out that Mimic was actually in a coma, not dead, which means Xavier clearly never bothered checking.

And then we ‘discovered’ that he’d actually been a dick for years, after completely wiping everyone’s memories of the existence of Vulcan’s team of X-Men and not going back for them.

Amazing Member

Yeah, but then... Rogue. He wasn’t exactly great with her.

And he didn’t sort Logan’s memory.

Oh, and we found out that Mimic was actually in a coma, not dead, which means Xavier clearly never bothered checking.

And then we ‘discovered’ that he’d actually been a dick for years, after completely wiping everyone’s memories of the existence of Vulcan’s team of X-Men and not going back for them.
    I kind of hate what they did with Xavier. Some writers struggle to understand that having a complex character doesn't have to mean that they have a secret dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    I kind of hate what they did with Xavier. Some writers struggle to understand that having a complex character doesn't have to mean that they have a secret dark side.
    Completely agree.