My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...This made me laugh harder than I expected.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

just when you think "empress theresa" was the worst book published, here comes this one.

KOF 15 looks noticeably better than KOF 14, but it's not huge jump graphically like SF5 from SF4 was.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    God, I needed this.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

"Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, remember to watch Yu Gi Oh 5Ds!"

Dragon Ball Multiverse.

spoilers:

Annnd no consequences from Bra's Majin Rampage. Zen Buu literally just snaps his fingers and restores everyone and fixes everything. Because he can do that. Easier than the Dragon Balls!
    end of spoilers

*Throws up hands*
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Dragon Ball Multiverse.

spoilers:

Annnd no consequences from Bra's Majin Rampage. Zen Buu literally just snaps his fingers and restores everyone and fixes everything. Because he can do that. Easier than the Dragon Balls!
    end of spoilers

*Throws up hands*
    Zen Buu is literally the only good thing about this comic
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Dragon Ball Multiverse.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

*Throws up hands*
    spoilers:
    Oh, that's not the best part. The best part is that Son Bra not only doesn't face any consequences, but everyone there (bar Pan, who is crying over her father's mangled corpse) stand up for her and protect her from being punished by Vegito. While surrounded by her victim's corpses!

And the story goes out of its way to paint VEGITO as the villain for wanting to punish Bra, with everyone claiming that 'she's not at fault because she was being mind controlled by Babidi'. Except she PROVED she could break the mind control. Oh, and you know what the catalyst for breaking the mind control was? It wasn't the realization that she'd murdered friends, heroic characters, and her universe's Son Gohan, whom we've seen in previous specials was a caring figure who tried his best to help her control the negative aspects of her personality.

No, it was because she was called 'passive'. An insult to her strength was what allowed her to break the mind control, while she smirked and sneered while slaughtering those closest to her.

And what's worse is that Vegito made the promise to kill Bra if she couldn't learn to control herself after she killed Goten, destroyed a planet, and caused its sun to go supernova, which resulted in the destruction of that planet's solar system.
    end of spoilers

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    Oh, that's not the best part. The best part is that Son Bra not only doesn't face any consequences, but everyone there (bar Pan, who is crying over her father's mangled corpse) stand up for her and protect her from being punished by Vegito. While surrounded by her victim's corpses!

And the story goes out of its way to paint VEGITO as the villain for wanting to punish Bra, with everyone claiming that 'she's not at fault because she was being mind controlled by Babidi'. Except she PROVED she could break the mind control. Oh, and you know what the catalyst for breaking the mind control was? It wasn't the realization that she'd murdered friends, heroic characters, and her universe's Son Gohan, whom we've seen in previous specials was a caring figure who tried his best to help her control the negative aspects of her personality.

No, it was because she was called 'passive'. An insult to her strength was what allowed her to break the mind control, while she smirked and sneered while slaughtering those closest to her.

And what's worse is that Vegito made the promise to kill Bra if she couldn't learn to control herself after she killed Goten, destroyed a planet, and caused its sun to go supernova, which resulted in the destruction of that planet's solar system.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    What are you complaining about here? I don't feel I understand why the stuff you've listed is bad writing?

Bra is a messed up kid who was mind controlled. Given how impermanent death tends to be for Dragonball characters, I'm not really surprised that the rest of the cast went like "Well, you got mind controlled and went a bit kill-y but it's not really a huge deal given that we can fix it,"

Similarly, spoilers:
    Vegetto unilaterally deciding to murder his own child isn't exactly moral either. So I'm not sure what your reference to his promise
    end of spoilers is supposed to mean.

That said, I do agree with Guy that spoilers:
    Buu instantly fixing everything was pretty egregious as far as reminding us that there are no real consequences in this story goes.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Dragon Ball Multiverse.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

*Throws up hands*
    spoilers:

end of spoilers

And this is why I don't bother DBM anymore.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator