Yashahime: I absolutely love the new opening and this episode dabbles quite a bit into the toxicity of obsessive relationships. Riku is also proven to be a deeply disturbed son of a bitch and apparently harbors a particular hatred towards romantic relationships between humans and demons (name-dropping Toga and Sesshomaru specifically) since they always seem to end in tragedy and destruction. Ironically, he sounds a lot like Sesshomaru before he met Rin. Since he himself is a half-demon, it makes me curious what he must have witnessed from his parents' relationship for him to formulate such a jaded perspective, and it'll be interesting to see how this will affect his relationship with Towa since WoG has stated she is going to be his love interest and vice versa. Next episode is finally going to answer many of the fandom's questions(and possibly gives us a new feat for the Dog bros because METEOR!!!).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What are you complaining about here? I don't feel I understand why the stuff you've listed is bad writing?
    Man, I don't actually follow Dragonball these days so I'm not sure exactly what is being discussed here, but I feel that way all the time.

People are like: "This thing that happened in a fictional story is awful and we should be upset about it!" And I'm like: "What are you talking about? This makes sense in context, the author is probably going somewhere with it, and it's supposed to make you feel stuff." o__O
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    Man, I don't actually follow Dragonball these days so I'm not sure exactly what is being discussed here, but I feel that way all the time.

People are like: "This thing that happened in a fictional story is awful and we should be upset about it!" And I'm like: "What are you talking about? This makes sense in context, the author is probably going somewhere with it, and it's supposed to make you feel stuff." o__O
    For context, it's a large and prolific Dragonball webcomic rather than that actual show.

Much like the real show, it's not very well written but the fights are good fun.

I also do not understand the reaction you're describing and have seen it a lot. I have no issue with characters doing reprehensible things, it's the framing of said deeds that's more important to me.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    Oh, that's not the best part. The best part is that Son Bra not only doesn't face any consequences, but everyone there (bar Pan, who is crying over her father's mangled corpse) stand up for her and protect her from being punished by Vegito. While surrounded by her victim's corpses!

And the story goes out of its way to paint VEGITO as the villain for wanting to punish Bra, with everyone claiming that 'she's not at fault because she was being mind controlled by Babidi'. Except she PROVED she could break the mind control. Oh, and you know what the catalyst for breaking the mind control was? It wasn't the realization that she'd murdered friends, heroic characters, and her universe's Son Gohan, whom we've seen in previous specials was a caring figure who tried his best to help her control the negative aspects of her personality.

No, it was because she was called 'passive'. An insult to her strength was what allowed her to break the mind control, while she smirked and sneered while slaughtering those closest to her.

And what's worse is that Vegito made the promise to kill Bra if she couldn't learn to control herself after she killed Goten, destroyed a planet, and caused its sun to go supernova, which resulted in the destruction of that planet's solar system.
    end of spoilers

you know...........i had a feeling to stop reading DBM early on. i don't know what it was but something just told me "don't read this anymore".

i thank that feeling now.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Started playing Homeworld Remastered, lots of fun especially with mods though sometimes there's hiccups.

Played the Star Trek mod, built a massive Human/Vulcan/Andorian/Tellerite fleet to face off the Romulans, and...It turns out the hard AI was nowhere to be seen. Like literally, as I scoured the entire area for them but found no Romulan ships...Either the mod got glitched to forgot putting them in the map or they have really good cloaking devices.

...I was heavily disappointed.

...Oh well, back to either Gundam or Macross mods.

Jigokuraku

We've gone through the endgame, so this was a nice breather chapter before what I suspect will be the final chapter.

This series has been really, really enjoyable. Art is top notch and the character writing is very engaging and entertaining. The fight scenes have been very well put together, they walk a solid line between complex and strategic but not to the point where you lose track of what's going on.

It also balances it's ensemble cast really, really well. I feel like most everyone had a moment to shine, deaths generally felt earned and impactful and it doesn't seem to have outstayed it's welcome.

Would recommend, I look forward to the end of it and will happily check out whatever the author does next.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    "Was that the narrator from Dragonball z Abridged?"
    "Yeah, I'm kind of out of work right now"

kick off the episode by making me laugh and feel depressed at the same time why don't you

seriously glad he's back though

Extraordinary Member

Again, I feel real bad for the poor schmucks that were sent after Mihawk.

Buggy is a treasure in and of himself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Oh... that was great.

He had me with the squirrel joke and I was hooked for the entire video. And it was so long, that was nice.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So, Saiyuki Reload is getting a complete anime remake. This pleases me since Pierrot's adaptation was a disappointing mess of filler. Hopefully, Ibun and the original series gets the same treatment.

Just to say, the implosion of Parler and the subsequent massive data leak due to activist hacker activity is perhaps the funniest thing I've witnessed all year.

70 Terabytes of data is now being processed and distributed through Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Just to say, the implosion of Parler and the subsequent massive data leak due to activist hacker activity is perhaps the funniest thing I've witnessed all year.

70 Terabytes of data is now being processed and distributed through Reddit.
    Data leak from Parlor? Or someplace else?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Data leak from Parlor? Or someplace else?
    Alledgedly, Parler, the right wing alternative to Twitter and breeding ground for Far Right Extremists, got kicked from its the server hosting its security protocols. Activist hackers spotted this and made Adminstrator accounts, and then used bots to make millions of Administrator accounts and then began downloading everything including "deleted" content. This includes people openly talking about their attendance of the attempted coup on the Capitol and lots of incitements of violence.

Reddit thread with the particulars.

Have been laughing all morning.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-11-2021 at 05:17 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Not like I expect it will be used to DO anything against these terrorists, but it's pretty funny.

I suppose just the fact that it happened will cause many of them to have strokes, due to 'muh right to privacy despite plotting sedition and terrorism!'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate