Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Makes me know it could happen up here, as well.
    Let's hope your country can stay vigilant and not have to suffer this kind of thing.

Keep it going. I can recommend some fantastic cookbooks (with, yes, cheap and easy and very tasty recipes) that don't use the expensive 'processed meat-alternatives'.
    I'd definitely be on board for some good cookbooks. I try to avoid the processed meat alternatives as much as I can as I know they are not actually very healthy at all.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    Let's hope your country can stay vigilant and not have to suffer this kind of thing.
    It's already here, to lesser (but still serious) extent. The question is 'how far will it go?'

I'd definitely be on board for some good cookbooks. I try to avoid the processed meat alternatives as much as I can as I know they are not actually very healthy at all.
    Will PM you. It's worth noting that with regards to health, the processed meat alternatives are still healthier than actual meat (I am not claiming that they are healthy, mind, and avoid them myself), and still better for the environment. So there's that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...got those cookbooks. ^_^ And some of them are hilarious to read, to boot.
    I'll be honest in that, the odds of me ever going full vegetarian or vegan are... low. I hunt and fish, among other things, for meat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'll be honest in that, the odds of me ever going full vegetarian or vegan are... low. I hunt and fish, among other things, for meat.
    As with any other activism, if we don't try, nothing ever happens. So I offer.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    Runaways is not great. I feel like they lose a lot of the core what made the characters likeable in the comics. That said, I'd recommend AoS. The first half of the first season is a bit of a slog, but after that it's really good!
    I wholeheartedly second this. AoS is an amazing show after the first half of season one is out of the way. It gets even better once it stopped pretending it needed to stay connected to the movies.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I wholeheartedly second this. AoS is an amazing show after the first half of season one is out of the way. It gets even better once it stopped pretending it needed to stay connected to the movies.
    Somehow missed Kahnno's comment on the matter...thanks, both of you. Might try AoS.

My main reason for not doing so is that I've watched a couple of May fight scenes here on Rumbles, and ugh. So it kind of turns me off, the idea of seeing that sort of thing peppered through the series. But if the rest of the show is worth it, I might just grit my teeth through those parts in order to watch the good stuff, like I'm already doing with Runways.
    Why are we here?

As with any other activism, if we don't try, nothing ever happens. So I offer.
    That's fair and I'm not knocking the attempt. Just being honest. As much as I understand and even agree... I doubt I'll ever quit it completely.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    thirded.

it starts woobly for the first half but after the events of TWS, it gets really good. takes a bit to find its legs but once it does, it goes off and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That's fair and I'm not knocking the attempt. Just being honest. As much as I understand and even agree... I doubt I'll ever quit it completely.
    it's cool man. i eat BM whenever it's possible but i doubt i'd ever go straight vegan. mainly due to my family have a history of digestive issues that makes it so i have watch what exactly i and my family eat. like, my mom can't eat a lot of salads or the like because her IBS is so iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    thirded.

it starts woobly for the first half but after the events of TWS, it gets really good. takes a bit to find its legs but once it does, it goes off and running.
    Good to have a third voice with a similar opinion.
    Why are we here?

*awash in morbid curiosity - and blaming Nik for that - reads last two Baki-Dou*

Because clearly Katsumi has never been punched in the nose before.

Also, he apologizes to Retsu's arm for having it squish someone's junk?

Katsumi, I'm starting to wonder about your fight credentials. I'll give you points for forfeiting to avoid potentially killing your opponent, though.

You lose those points because your opponent was a mess, and I'm 100% sure there were a ton of other ways you could have taken him out without killing him.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

You'll never get away Sharp, not really.

They're fighting big sumo dudes. How can you not want to see how that goes?

*awash in morbid curiosity - and blaming Nik for that - reads last two Baki-Dou*

Because clearly Katsumi has never been punched in the nose before.

Also, he apologizes to Retsu's arm for having it squish someone's junk?

Katsumi, I'm starting to wonder about your fight credentials. I'll give you points for forfeiting to avoid potentially killing your opponent, though.

You lose those points because your opponent was a mess, and I'm 100% sure there were a ton of other ways you could have taken him out without killing him.
    it's his own fault for taking retsu's arm.

the jobber aura is genetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You'll never get away Sharp, not really.
    Ugh, you're probably correct. I read a little, I get ill, I leave it be, I crawl back another time full of terrified curiosity.

They're fighting big sumo dudes. How can you not want to see how that goes?
    Having flipped through the other fights, maaaan. It's just the usual Baki crap, isn't it? Suddenly Sumo is the epitome of danger!
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's his own fault for taking retsu's arm.

the jobber aura is genetic.
    It certainly seems a defining characteristic....
    Why are we here?