Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the fang's still got it.
    Hell yeah he does. I wonder who’s up next?

Academia

spoilers:

All For One is back and he's letting loose a whole lot of dangerous villains all over Tartarus on top of taking Shigaraki for the time being.

Meanwhile, all of the Heroes biggest guns are out of commission. Meaning it's just Mirio and whoever's left to stop this.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Academia

spoilers:

All For One is back and he's letting loose a whole lot of dangerous villains all over Tartarus on top of taking Shigaraki for the time being.

Meanwhile, all of the Heroes biggest guns are out of commission. Meaning it's just Mirio and whoever's left to stop this.
    end of spoilers

All For One: All according to Cake.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I am loving the wackiness of WandaVision.

Soooo much weirdness.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Beadle, I just want it on record that I really hate our government.

I'm not sure if people have noticed this opinion before, but I just wanted to make sure my position is clear.
    Dude, you need to be clear about these things. Stop holding back.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dude, you need to be clear about these things. Stop holding back.
    Eh, we're not supposed to get too political in this thread.

I shall just present the facts.

Since our government has utterly botched our Covid response and Brexit is actually kicking in now, our economy is taking a massive hit and lots of people are becoming unemployed. Bad times all round.

Additionally, since schools are closed, the poorest children in our society were due to go without the free school meals that were provided to them by the state in the school year. Thanks to a publicity campaign by Marcus Rashford, a high profile footballer from a working class background who grew up on free school meals, the government were shamed into confirming that free school meals would continue and even be extended into the half term holidays to help with struggling families who have been hit hardest by the ongoing economic strife.

However, rather than using the pre-existing vouchers system, wherein a poor family gets a weekly voucher that can be used in most major supermarkets to spend on food at their own discretion, they were sent pre-packaged boxes of food. These boxes were meant to contain £30 of food and last for two weeks, but the overwhelming amount of photos shared on social media and subsequent calculations revealed that they had about £5 worth of food and were not nutritionally balanced at all.

Cue more outrage and campaigning to hold the government to account once more.

The Prime Minister said in parliament that the boxes were unacceptable and claimed that the private company, who is owned and operated by a mate of a previous Tory PM (such a strange coincidence eh?), had not followed the brief correctly. The Labour opposition then revealed said brief issued by the government for the food packages and it largely matched what had been sent out. There was no real mistake, just the government underfeeding people and lying about the amount of money per package.

The government then agreed to reinstate the voucher system for families in need so children could be fed. A good win for the people against the shambolic Tories.

And then, less than 24 hours later, the government announced they were cancelling the extension of free school meals over the half term period so there would be no vouchers for anyone outside of termtime bringing us back to square one once more.

Also, the fishing industry and our export trade is in the process of keeling over, as we knew it would, because Brexit is an absolute travesty and a nightmare of red tape.

Also, also, we're currently the worst country in the world in terms of proportional deaths from Covid, with the next two weeks due to be the worst yet because it's about time for the impact of the Christmas relaxation of regulations to be felt.

Also, also, also, we still aren't performing suitable Covid checks on travellers at our airports and ports because why would we want to control the virus?

Yeah, so it's not great over here. I really, really hate our current government.

I will not say much further because Guy will check us on it but that's what prompted my sentiments.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-15-2021 at 08:21 AM.

On a lighter note, I have thrown like... £300 or so at hunger and homelessness charities this week just as way of feeling like I'm able to help some people.

And as a palette cleanser, I've also been enjoying the rise of ShantyTok as an online moment.

I found this community effort left me feeling very emotional:

Sea Shanties are a really fun musical genre, reminded me of the ones my dad used to sing to me at bedtime when I was a child.

On a lighter note, I have thrown like... £300 or so at hunger and homelessness charities this week just as way of feeling like I'm able to help some people.
    That was what we did for Christmas instead of spending on each other.

We don’t need ‘stuff’.

Also, Nik - go cheer yourself up with WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Also, Nik - go cheer yourself up with WandaVision.
    It's on my list, it's perhaps the only Marvel/Disney project I'm interested in.

My housemate and I rewatched Legion over the lockdown in like a week and half? And... like that's my bar for comicbook-inspired surrealist psychodrama. I really love that show, it does so much stuff that is interesting and daring and the writing and production is so powerful. It's not without some flaws but, even on a second viewing, I think it's my favourite comicbook adaptation by a country mile.

Wandavision has me intrigued though. I watched one trailer and was like "Yep, I'm in,"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Eh, we're not supposed to get too political in this thread.
    Was actually trying for the funny, but good reading, that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate