Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I would like to throw my hat into the ring for biggest RPG flake, after not even making it through the first 48 hours in one of Cleric’s games, despite having to get special dispensation from him for my character concept.

I mean, I’d like to throw my hat in, but I’d really only do it half-heartedly, and even that half couldn’t really commit to it.
    You made into the first hour of the game, that's better than me.

The last two games I've contributed two at all, Oblitus and Bizarre Adventure, I have not actually made it to game start. Made a character and then dipped pregame.

Similarly, my own game which I was GMing, died before even the first introductory post with a full cast of characters in the sign up thread ready to go.

I am like... giga flake levels.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    *Checks temperatures from yesterday*

36° in my part of the state. Which meant it was actually freezing in the warehouse.
    IIRC, you live in Birmingham, right?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Also, Wandavision was such a good episode. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that spoilers:
    they had some rando as director of SWORD instead of Abigail Brand
    end of spoilers. That's just a minor nitpick and doesn't detract from the episode at all, though.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Also, Wandavision was such a good episode. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that spoilers:
    they had some rando as director of SWORD instead of Abigail Brand
    end of spoilers. That's just a minor nitpick and doesn't detract from the episode at all, though.
    Completely agree with all of that, and even the nitpick could be fixed easily later.

I love Electrabuzz's original dub cry.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Completely agree with all of that, and even the nitpick could be fixed easily later.
    Yep. And since a certain property she may have been related to is now with Disney, there's nothing stopping them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

I love Electrabuzz's original dub cry.
    if i ever get another girlfriend, i will make that noise during sex. and she will love me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Yep. And since a certain property she may have been related to is now with Disney, there's nothing stopping them.
    I also hope that spoilers:
    the appearance of Jimmy Woo leads to an Agents of ATLAS series.
    end of spoilers

But I’m pretty certain that spoilers:
    Monica sadly isn’t going to lead to a Nextwave project. That’s a step too far for Disney.
    end of spoilers

Although I appreciate them moving some information up earlier in the episodes rather than later, I think I felt that the episode itself was a bit lackluster.

spoilers:
    I felt like they revealed the information in kind of the most boring way with a lot of technobabble and people staring at screens. It just seemed it was took considerably longer than I wanted to confirm things viewers who were paying attention would have already surmised. Stuff like random SWORD scenes and explaining CMBR and them going name by name to tell us who the residents are when we have no idea who they were originally felt like a bunch of filler. IMO if they could have gotten to the ending scenes by the middle of the episodes instead and developed more from there it would have been more interesting.
    end of spoilers
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

So recently I've found myself burnt out on Hax-Level Regen Villains. I think Shigaraki was the last of it for me. I just feel kinda bored with the idea.

Anybody else or just me?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Record of Ragnarok: Zeus asks Buddha to fight, he agrees
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So recently I've found myself burnt out on Hax-Level Regen Villains. I think Shigaraki was the last of it for me. I just feel kinda bored with the idea.

Anybody else or just me?
    I know MistareFusion, over on Dragonball Dissection, has been done with them for years

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The context in which the superpower is presented is what I find to be more important than its existence, in of itself.

Phantom Blood Dio as an undead bloodsucking creature with superhuman strength? Scary.

What's that, he can also recover from having an ancestral mansion burn down on him? Even worse, how to we kill him?

Stuff like that.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Anybody else or just me?
    So... imma talk about Shigaraki for a sec here.

The thing is I was already sold on Shigaraki being threatening since that sequence with him and Deku in a mall or whatever. Dude could kill literally anyone by grabbing them. That was a strong powerset, it was scary and pretty engaging, Deku and literally anyone in grabbing range was in imminent and real danger. Meanwhile, Deku was, eventually, going to learn absurd strength but that would still require him to get close to his nemesis and put himself in danger. Solid setup for the series right?

And then...

Shirageki gets an upgrade on the level of killing an entire town by touching the ground and also gets ridiculous regen and other powers and also he's ALL FOR ONE now esentially so I'm like... no.

And Deku gets two new powers with at least four more on the way and i am like "Why should I care about any of this stuff? He's not doing anything to earn this, it's just happening when it feels convenient,"

You already did enough to make me invest and now you've egged it so far and made the villain literally different character so I just don't care any more?

MHA is like... okay. But, to me, it threw away a lot of it's potential a while ago.

Also, **** Bakugo.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The context in which the superpower is presented is what I find to be more important than its existence, in of itself.

Phantom Blood Dio as an undead bloodsucking creature with superhuman strength? Scary.

What's that, he can also recover from having an ancestral mansion burn down on him? Even worse, how to we kill him?

Stuff like that.
    i'm in the same camp. like i can enjoy hax power with good presentation and build up but when it's bad, i don't care for it. probably the reason i dont like all for one as a villain.