Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So that's about 0 degrees F to -15 degrees F. I've experienced 0 degrees once or twice, almost never below that. I don't know if I could handle temps that cold.
    Caution, proper clothing, and ‘growing up with it’ (or acclimatization).

I mean, it still sucks and is physically painful.

...it’s also not nearly the coldest it gets.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Gosu

Well.

I'm honestly a bit clueless as to what you thought was gonna happen Okcheonbi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I find the initial comparison of the enemies in 1886, to BLM somewhat ... okay more than a little, lacking. Primarily in that, while ultimately proven somewhat justified (which in no way exonerates the actions leading up to this revelation); the rebels were actively carrying out (or at the very least attempting to carry out) political assassinations. It gets even more complicated when the Halfbreeds (Werewolves/Vampires) themselves are... not particularly disenfranchised? Like, two of them are revealed to be (in one specific case) in a position of power enough to influence politics and governmental agencies (the Order itself).

I'm only about halfway through, though so... opinion could change.

But it's kind of the smack in the face to say a group of largely peaceful protestors who have been subjected to far more police abuse than is deserved or warranted, is comparable to what is probably more closely comparable to the Capitol Rioters some of whom attempted somewhat haphazardly to carry out political assassinations.
    You'd have to comment on the video itself and ask housemate but, my reading of it isn't that he's saying that the rebels or the halfbreeds are directly analogous to BLM.

His point is more that, in a time where we are having a big conversation about the role of police spurred by actions of the BLM protests, this game feels exceptionally tone deaf in how it handles police/state sanctioned violence.

The reference to BLM occurs once to contextualize his reading of the text in 2020 and then the rest of the critique is centred in the setting the game itself presents.

Maybe I will just do, could spark an interesting convo
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Tried the I played The Balan Wonderworld demo. my verdict, It's a dumpster fire. It's so bad that it makes Sonic forces look like masterpiece. No scratch that it's so bad, it make Sonic 06 look like a master piece.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"Survival Story of a Sword King in a Fantasy World" is a pretty good isekai. MC is OP but he has a pretty good reason for not using his powers. his party has become pretty good. love the magic system. and the fights are brilliant to watch.

I was excited for Balan Wonderworld, but the demo has left a sour taste in my mouth.
    My Forum check it out

Phantom Seer: It seems that Komachi may become a member of the team in the near future. We've also got the identities of the Conceiving Hands and an idea about their powers. We also have two new Shamans joining in and I look forward to seeing what they can do.

Black Clover: As I said, the situation's looking incredibly dire and considering that this is only the first step in the Triad's plan, it's going to keep escalating.

Undead Unluck: Huh, Unrepair genuinely has a sympathetic motive and background? I'm honestly shocked since he's behaved like such a carefree and borderline sociopathic guy. And also, this continuous trend with Negators and their misfortune does seem to affirm that God is an asshole deity in this universe.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-31-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Wow.

Episode 4 of Wandavision was ass.

I will probably not continue watching from here.

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: That's some good action beats. All present members of the worst generation can hurt Kaido and toss him around to a certain extent, but they're not doing any serious injuries so far. And Big Mom gets to really let loose and show her might. Our heroes can't really afford to only focus on Kaido with her around.

My favourite small moments were Kid's "It was scrap to begin with." comment and Law's frustrated teamwork with Zoro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Phantom Seer: It seems that Komachi may become a member of the team in the near future. We've also got the identities of the Conceiving Hands and an idea about their powers. We also have two new Shamans joining in and I look forward to seeing what they can do.

Black Clover: As I said, the situation's looking incredibly dire and considering that this is only the first step in the Triad's plan, it's going to keep escalating.
    Phantom Seer: I really like Akama, he seems like a nice and professional dude who's just a bit too intense. And the codenames for the Conceiving Hands along with this creepy voodoo style case seems perfectly creepy. This is gonna be fun.

Black Clover: I was worried that the Dark Triad would've been pushed to the side with actual devils showing up. But it turns out that they're actually more dangerous now. But there's plenty of serious horror to fight against for all our heroes, an aspect that Black Clover does better than many other shounen series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Wow.

Yeh it wasn't great. But the normal formula still works for me with that show so I'm hoping they go back to that for next week or so
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Wow.

Thus, Disney takes over the fine Netflix tradition of MCU shows falling on their faces halfway through their season.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate