Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    for me it's just too predictable. like i was about to guess exactly how the story beats where gonna go. outside of captain yami, i don't particularly have any kind of attachment for anyone. maybe it's because i read too much manga or something but BC is just getting boring and predictable for me. not gonna drop it yet but not sure i will stick around after this arc.
    What else you reading currently, out of curioisty? ...Aside from OP, that I know already lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I've seen some compare Zoro cutting the Horn to Madara's mountain cut in terms of scale
    I'd doubt that myself, though I'm not really sure how big the giant skull they're on is.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That still leaves you with a fight that ends as soon as either character lands a single hit on the other. Which is very dificult to build a climax around.
    Again, this feels unimaginative to me. I can think of any number of ways you could structure a climactic encounter around just their base powersets and still make it satisfying.

There's still plenty of mystery left in the show. Episode 4 answered the what, but not the how or why.
    I disagree.

I feel like the how has essentially been explained enough, I'm sure we'll get some technobabble about the exact machinics but I'm really not interested in that. The why is also pretty self-evident, no?

The only thing I'm interested in now, and that's a pretty generous term, is what they do with Vision from here.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    for me it's just too predictable. like i was about to guess exactly how the story beats where gonna go. outside of captain yami, i don't particularly have any kind of attachment for anyone. maybe it's because i read too much manga or something but BC is just getting boring and predictable for me. not gonna drop it yet but not sure i will stick around after this arc.
    I can relate to this. Black Clover, for me at least, is above Fairy Tail - where my intense apathy towards the characters drove me to drop the series - but I wouldn't say it's something that particularly interests me. Every week, it comes out and I'm like "I guess I'll read it?" because it's there.

It's about on the same level as modern era God of Highschool.

As an aside, Read - Have you read Unholy Blood by any chance?

I picked it up recently, the art is very nice and it's got a decent clip and pace to it. You like vampires as I recall, might be your sort of thing?

Extraordinary Member

HBO Nordic is going to show the Snyder Cut of Justice League in March.

That's neat, since we don't have HBO Max in Sweden yet and nobody seems to know when we'll get it.

I can't say that I'm like excited for it, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what was made of it. Did Snyder stick the landing or is it as much of a mess as the path it took to make it?

Just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    HBO Nordic is going to show the Snyder Cut of Justice League in March.

That's neat, since we don't have HBO Max in Sweden yet and nobody seems to know when we'll get it.

I can't say that I'm like excited for it, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what was made of it. Did Snyder stick the landing or is it as much of a mess as the path it took to make it?

Just have to wait and see.
    Good for you . In France, no news for now, we may have to wait until the end of the year to get HBO Max and watch it (...legally...)
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 02-01-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd doubt that myself, though I'm not really sure how big the giant skull they're on is.
    That whole place is effing huge

Here's a picture of the Straw hats arriving there. with some heights added in. The umbrella in this pic is taller than the tallest building in our world.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fire Force:

Given that Charon has previously deflected a blast that would have made a 500 kilometre crater and put significant dent in the moon without dying...

spoilers:
    That must be absolute ton of energy he absorbed in this most recent chapter. Though I guess he absorbed this stuff instead of actively aiming to deflect.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    ...literally why, though?

Cobra Kai was at least an internet meme before becoming a series that leans as much as it does into parody as it does nostalgia. Mighty Ducks, who asked for this?

I suppose it's just as well they only got Emilio Estevez. After all, Fulton Reed's a lawyer, and Goldberg's recovering from his meth habit.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...literally why, though?

Cobra Kai was at least an internet meme before becoming a series that leans as much as it does into parody as it does nostalgia. Mighty Ducks, who asked for this?

I suppose it's just as well they only got Emilio Estevez. After all, Fulton Reed's a lawyer, and Goldberg's recovering from his meth habit.
    Because Cobra Kai is highly successful, and everyone in Hollywood wants that "remember (blank) from the 80s/early 90s? Well, it back!" money. Same reason they brought back Saved by the Bell.

Just like when the Marvel Cinematic Universe proved popular and everyone tried to make their own "(blank) Cinematic Universe".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Okay... I'll take two more OC commission slots. First come, first served.

1. Cleric
    Gen Slot. [If he wants it]
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-01-2021 at 04:59 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    What else you reading currently, out of curioisty? ...Aside from OP, that I know already lol.
    just a bunch of stuff reallly: weak hero, story of a sword king, spyxfamily, sakamoto days, the elf and the hunter's item, the fable, salaryman in a isekai, berserk, revenge of a dark hero, mashle, gosu, kingdom, golden kamui, the emperor and the female knight, the 31st consort, and most recently, the remarried empress. that last one was referred to me by my best friend. no action but more of a political romance with 2 of most hateable characters i've ever read in the empress and his concubine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay... I'll take two more OC commission slots. First come, first served.

Gen Slot. [If he wants it]
    Bruce had said earlier that he was possibly interested. Can you hold a slot for him in case he still wants it?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Bruce had said earlier that he was possibly interested. Can you hold a slot for him in case he still wants it?
    If he gets on before someone else gets it then he can have it.

only Gen gets the locked slot.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I’ll take one, Nik.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM