Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, dear - in reference to...?
    Jason Aaron and his seeming crusade to protray Thor as an incompetent loser in comparison to his recent successors and even retconning concrete lore in regards to Mjolnir to do so.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Jason Aaron and his seeming crusade to protray Thor as an incompetent loser in comparison to his recent successors and even retconning concrete lore in regards to Mjolnir to do so.
    Okay, if both you and Subby are feeling this way it's sounding pretty egregious. O_o

I've seen some of that, myself, and...well, yeah.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

In other news, I'm now checking out Kill Six Billion Demons on Nik's advice.

Thus far (and I'm not far into it), it's solid stuff.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Oh, dear - in reference to...?
    According to Jason Aaron, Thor's mother is the Phoenix, who's also his ex-girlfriend. This despite the fact that Gaia has been his mother for the last seven decades or so.

I'd put this on par with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver suddenly not being mutants or Magneto's kids, tbh.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    According to Jason Aaron, Thor's mother is the Phoenix, who's also his ex-girlfriend. This despite the fact that Gaia has been his mother for the last seven decades or so.

I'd put this on par with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver suddenly not being mutants or Magneto's kids, tbh.
    Oh that, yes. I saw that and boggled. Jeez.
    Why are we here?

I have that in my queue to read after I meet my work deadlines......speaking of which, I need to get started working.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Thankfully, Donny Cates is ignoring all of this in his Thor run.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I'm not sure why they keep allowing him to write a character he obviously hates, but whatever.

I'm going to pick this up in trade eventually. It looks really good.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Okay, if both you and Subby are feeling this way it's sounding pretty egregious. O_o

I've seen some of that, myself, and...well, yeah.
    I will say there were signs of this early on.

In one of the earlier issues, there's a "Letter From the Reader" where someone is like 'hey uh... not really liking the direction this is heading". Jason Aaron' s response was to basically tell the guy to **** off.

So uh. Hardly surprised, tbh.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

heeellll yeaaaah dude

I bought the trades of it that exist after I read all of the webcomic that exists. Really enjoy the setting, the characters and sheer style of it all.

I'm just going to flag one character to you - The Beggar Knight. I think you will like her.

So I read that there's some controversy about the art in the latest Immortal Hulk. I poke through the issue. And lo, there it is as described to me, pretty clear anti-semitism. I come here and find that CBR has already picked up the story, good for them.

Will not be interested in reading this any more until they change artists. Hopefully firing the old one from Marvel.

Edit: apparently the artist has delivered an apology, stating it was all a big mistake. Given the context, I truly find that hard to believe.
    Wait what?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I'm not sure why they keep allowing him to write a character he obviously hates, but whatever.
    It's possible there's an editorial mandate happening as well. Look what happened over at DC with characters the editor (Danny-boy is thankfully gone, now) hated or had a bias against.

I'm going to pick this up in trade eventually. It looks really good.
    Will have a look.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wait what?
    CBR should have the story. Alternately, google Joe Bennett.
    Why are we here?

CBR should have the story. Alternately, google Joe Bennett.
    No no, I mean.

I didn't realize the guy was still allowed at Marvel, after his comments a few years back that a journalist shouldn't have been slapped but punched after he was attacked by another journalist for not being heterosexual.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wait what?
    The artist of the immortal hulk book depicted a jewish owned jewelry shop as having a yellow star of David as the logo and he also "accidentally" dropped the L from jewelry.

Edit: Ah, didn't know you already knew about it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!