Happy Birthday Dog!

New Wandavision is hitting, gotta say. Definitely more what I was hoping Ep 4 would be
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Happy Birthday Dog

0:33 OH!! THAT'LL break someone's neck in real life! *cringes*
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Happy Birthday Dog!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Happy Birthday, Dogpool!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    New Wandavision is hitting, gotta say. Definitely more what I was hoping Ep 4 would be
    I wish they just didn't have the spoilers:
    S.W.O.R.D
    end of spoilers bits.

Like the show was a slow start but since episode 4 they've just been explaining everything. When we watched episode 5...

spoilers:
    ... at the point where Vision got the email and temporarily released Norm, my housemate said "Imagine how powerful this would be if we didn't know what was going on," and I had to agree.
    end of spoilers

I find this show particularly frustrating specifically because there's a lot of good ideas in there and the dynamic between Wanda and Vision is compelling and quite interesting. Handled properly, it could be a solid core to the show. But the execution and everything that was introduced in episode 4 just sucks a lot.

It feels like they wanted an "experimental" or "weird" show but they flatly do not trust their audience to come with them on even the slightest weird stuff. Just commit to it. Make a show about Wanda and Vision and the two of them slowly going mad, focus on that **** and don't bog us down with the B Team.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-05-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Yeah, I agree it would have been better. At least in this episode I felt like the spoilers:
    SWORD bits were less prevalent and I liked that things actually moved forward a bit.

And in this episode it's less interesting than what could have been but at least they're using the tools on the board in that SWORD is interacting and representing the real world here.
    end of spoilers

Also to be honest, from what I've seen from reading reactions, it feels like half the audience really isn't ready to come along with them on the less straightforward tangents. It's unfortunate
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

happy birthday, doggo!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Yeah, I agree it would have been better. At least in this episode I felt like the spoilers:
    SWORD bits were less prevalent and I liked that things actually moved forward a bit.

And in this episode it's less interesting than what could have been but at least they're using the tools on the board in that SWORD is interacting and representing the real world here.
    end of spoilers

Also to be honest, from what I've seen from reading reactions, it feels like half the audience really isn't ready to come along with them on the less straightforward tangents. It's unfortunate
    I don't disagree with any of what you've put here.

To give praise where it's due, it's definitely an improvement on episode 4 and Paul Bettany is doing a lot of really good work.

I do wish episode 4 hadn't happened though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't disagree with any of what you've put here.

To give praise where it's due, it's definitely an improvement on episode 4 and Paul Bettany is doing a lot of really good work.

I do wish episode 4 hadn't happened though haha.
    For sure.
    Bettany is great. If the leads weren't doing such a good job I'd def not have been hooked from the concept alone I think.
    -Stephen McCranie

Happy birthday, Dog

On act 3 of Ghost of tusmumia right now. The final stretch to face the big bad himself Kotun Khan. Who's a great and a down right ruthless villain.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-06-2021 at 04:46 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Academia!

spoilers:

I know the situation is s-t right now, but do the civilians come off as utterly ungrateful to anyone else?
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Academia!

spoilers:

I know the situation is s-t right now, but do the civilians come off as utterly ungrateful to anyone else?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    yep. i know their faith in the heroes got shaken up but to **** on them like that? bullshit.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    spoilers:
    yep. i know their faith in the heroes got shaken up but to **** on them like that? bullshit.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Seriously. Heroes freaking died in this conflict! Multiple heroes! They gave everything they had to stop this! Not their fault the League happened to have a pet Kaiju and a guy with a boatload of Super Powers. They have 200% to stop this and they basically did. Again, not their fault AFO had Super Nomu's still around for the prison breaks yet the people are screaming and attacking the heroes over this and defacing All Might's statue. This isn't X-Men people! And it doesn't work there anyway!

Although, if MHA does turn out to be a distant prequel to OPM...at least we know where the people's attitudes came from.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Thanks for all the Happy Birthdays, and I have a gift for all the OP fans! An edit of the Luffy vs Doflamingo fight that uses "Symphony No 9 From the New World" that played during the finale of Luffy vs Crocodile!

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis