Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Well it's Mar-Vell...what run, I can't say though.

...also boy those eyes aren't aligned properly. Perhaps that is the price to pay for being COSMICALLY AWARE
    I blame it on the gravity of planets all over his face pulling his eyes out of their natural orbit.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know. It just shouldn’t work. But the fact that Brendan Fraser and Alan Tudyk dial it up to 11 and that the writers don’t cop out of any of the more batshit aspects of Morrison’s run, just make it wonderful.

Gloriously weird.
    I got like three or four episodes into the first season and was quite enjoying it as I recall. I think I got distracted with something else at the time and never went back to it properly.

Tudyk and Fraser were really enjoyable performers. I should go back and take a look at it again.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know. It just shouldn’t work. But the fact that Brendan Fraser and Alan Tudyk dial it up to 11 and that the writers don’t cop out of any of the more batshit aspects of Morrison’s run, just make it wonderful.

Gloriously weird.
    It’s probably the one show that isn’t afraid to actually use all aspects of its source material.

I haven’t quite finished season 1 yet but it’s definitely been a weird ride so far.

We got Danny the Street in live action of all things.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: There's a real nice back and forth going on in the main battle. Kaido is a freaking tank as expected and Luffy's gonna be sitting on the bench for a while. And our surprise guests clarify that taking down Kaido and Big Mom won't be enough to win here. The alliance need to defeat all of the major opponents to win the day. Good stuff.

My Hero Academia: Society is processing the chaos poorly with civilians and heroes alike down in the dumps. It's easy to cheer and hope when there's peace, not so when everything seems to be going to hell.

But hey, spoilers:
    Rei is here to tell Endeavor to get his **** together.
    end of spoilers That'll be fun.

Phantom Seer: Nope. Nope to this entire chapter. Nope nope nope! Creepy dolls are the worst.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 02-07-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It’s probably the one show that isn’t afraid to actually use all aspects of its source material.

I haven’t quite finished season 1 yet but it’s definitely been a weird ride so far.

We got Danny the Street in live action of all things.
    Danny the Street, Flex Mentallo, Beard Hunter... it’s got all the weird. Plus some brand new weird straight to TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece: There's a real nice back and forth going on in the main battle. Kaido is a freaking tank as expected and Luffy's gonna be sitting on the bench for a while. And our surprise guests clarify that taking down Kaido and Big Mom won't be enough to win here. The alliance need to defeat all of the major opponents to win the day. Good stuff.
    I wonder if this is our defeat towards some of the other battles going on...though with the tease at the end of the chapter, I'm not sure I want it to switch up just yet lol.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I wonder if this is our defeat towards some of the other battles going on...though with the tease at the end of the chapter, I'm not sure I want it to switch up just yet lol.
    I hope that we get to see what was teased in its full glory before switching over to the other fights. It's been quite some time since we saw all the Strawhats fighting their own seperate battles, and I really want to see all of them shine properly.

At the same time I hope we get to see how Kid, Law, Zoro and Killer handle two Yonko while Luffy's out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Phantom Seer: Nope. Nope to this entire chapter. Nope nope nope! Creepy dolls are the worst.
    On the other hand, Kondo is friggin' hilarious and I hope she becomes a regular member of the group.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

So who all is watching the Superb Owl?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So who all is watching the Superb Owl?
    He is watching us

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Superb Owl watches all! For the Superb Owl is omnipresent, being everywhere and nowhere at once!
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    The Superb Owl watches all! For the Superb Owl is omnipresent, being everywhere and nowhere at once!
    he is beyond a mere owl. superb owl can turn his head 1000 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he is beyond a mere owl. superb owl can turn his head 1000 degrees.
    Superb Owl is so fast, he travels around the world and back again in a blink of an eye. To most humans it's as if he never left, or even moved from his regal perch.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-07-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Oh I know THAT OWL!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!