Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    COVID is no joke, this is what can happen. Stay safe yourself, and best wishes for the new baby.
    Exactly, I can't believe since Sunday people are suddenly calling out of work and are unable to come back till their quarantine is over.

I was supposed to have a day off when they dropped this bombshell.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Cripes, Iron - do NOT catch that shit! Stay safe, man!

Honestly, I'm glad they're calling in, because too many people are forced to go into work with COVID or choose to do so.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cripes, Iron - do NOT catch that shit! Stay safe, man!

Honestly, I'm glad they're calling in, because too many people are forced to go into work with COVID or choose to do so.
    Right. Crazy stuff atm.

Just wondering what the hell my coworkers did to get them potentially exposed.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...march-pc-later

It's just been announced that Crash 4 is coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and PS5.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

You know, I thought that scene with the Grimm-Hound's Human Host Reveal reminded me of something.

And I found it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Well, my organization has now classified Spacebattles.com as 'games'. No more going on that forum for me.

...hopefully that won't happen here.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amazing Member

Well, my organization has now classified Spacebattles.com as 'games'. No more going on that forum for me.

...hopefully that won't happen here.
    As someone who works in IT, I assume the whatever web filtering device your organization uses probably got a definition update to what site classifications are. Ours hasn't labelled this site yet, so maybe you'll continue to dodge the bullet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    As someone who works in IT, I assume the whatever web filtering device your organization uses probably got a definition update to what site classifications are. Ours hasn't labelled this site yet, so maybe you'll continue to dodge the bullet on it.
    I can't really be ANNOYED at them for this, but...yeah, I can. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Amazing Member

I can't really be ANNOYED at them for this, but...yeah, I can. ^_^
    haha I get to be the guy they are annoyed with in my organization. If it makes you feel any better, those jerks in IT (at least the good ones) are forced to play by the same set of rules though.

For about the past 12-13 years, all sites like CBR forums have been blocked for me.

Same with Rpol and anything RPG-ish.

Hence for the past 12-13 years 99% of my posts have been done on my phone.

Hence my eyes are now buggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    For about the past 12-13 years, all sites like CBR forums have been blocked for me.

Same with Rpol and anything RPG-ish.

Hence for the past 12-13 years 99% of my posts have been done on my phone.

Hence my eyes are now buggered.
    I recall this. I'm sorry (again).

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    haha I get to be the guy they are annoyed with in my organization. If it makes you feel any better, those jerks in IT (at least the good ones) are forced to play by the same set of rules though.
    *points* The enemy!

More seriously, this HAS happened before with SB.com. A month or two later, it just...came back, was allowed again.

I wonder if it has to do with how many game references (in matches) they have going on the forum in recent times or something to that extent? I don't know.

Sadly, RPOL never comes back. My gaming there has been limited to a couple of games for the last few years.
    Why are we here?

Amazing Member

*points* The enemy!

More seriously, this HAS happened before with SB.com. A month or two later, it just...came back, was allowed again.

I wonder if it has to do with how many game references (in matches) they have going on the forum in recent times or something to that extent? I don't know.

Sadly, RPOL never comes back. My gaming there has been limited to a couple of games for the last few years.
    Well sometimes they have algorythms based upon the site name (as silly as that is), which sometimes mis-identifies the classification. You can appeal to your firewall vendor for reclassification so perhaps someone who REALLY likes SB did so and got it reclassified for a short period of time before it got classified due to other methods they use. Of course there's also the possibility that your organization swapped out device vendors and this new vendor's classification just assigned sb to that group. Either way. I get it's in the name of protection (and sometimes productivity LOL) but it can definitely be disheartening when you lose access to something that made your work day a little better.

Trust me, sometimes it's REALLY hard to resist the temptation to create an exception for myself in these rules LOL

Thanks - good to know. Maybe it'll change back again at some point in the future.

Not the same as this place, but handy when this place gets slow.
    Why are we here?

Rereading Hoshii No Samidare. Forgot how much I enjoyed this series.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Rereading Hoshii No Samidare. Forgot how much I enjoyed this series.
    it's a good one.

I should reread it at some point.

I'm currently reading through the X manga for the first time. The film, X/1999, was one of the first anime films I ever saw when I was like... 13 or something? And while the movie is a complete mess with a hilariously bad dub, I always liked the aesthetic and tone of it.

So, given how much free time we've got these days, I'm reading the manga.

And... yeah, given that the manga is 18 volumes long and has a consistent ensemble cast of ~19 characters with distinct stories and arcs and all that, no wonder the film was such a mess.