Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No hope. Accept Cthulhu.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I always said Cthulhu was a total shiphead.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and we got another chapter of ace's adventures, once again drawn by boichi.

sure, we all know ace's adventures but it's great to actually see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I always said Cthulhu was a total shiphead.
    been working out, too.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It isn't. He's had accusations of sexual misconduct, being weird around women he employs and generally being a bit of a bully for years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    That's what I thought. It's sad though because I wasn't 100% sure since so many people are getting finally called out for this crap that I wasn't sure if it was him I remembered or one of many others. I can only hope that the trend we're seeing where people are being confronted for their crappy actions will result in a change of attitudes and behaviors going forward. Unfortunately though, I'm not super hopeful at the moment.
    One of the more cringeworthy things about the Whedon situation is that the guy who played Cyborg in Justice League complained about Whedon’s behaviour, and Warner’s reaction wasn’t to support him or investigate the claims. They just wrote his character out of the Flash movie.

I mean that’s classy, right?

Extraordinary Member

I think they kind of botched a bit of the character work which made me care a lot less. For example, I really didn't like how they spoilers:
    effectively rolled Hopper's character development back from where he'd grown to through Season 2 and Will's entire arc basically just stopped midway through which was a letdown.
    end of spoilers

It compared poorly with Season 2 which was a bit stronger.
    Yeah, that sounds accurate. A lot of the character arcs this season kinda just fizzled out or were resolved a bit too early. Beside the examples you mention there's also spoilers:
    how Nancy and Johnathan's conflict after they're fired is resolved like after a single episode or so (and while it's nice that they could handle that in a mature fashion and showed understanding for one another's plight it didn't exactly leave them with many places to grow for the rest of the season) and all kids seeming to grow distant due to wanting different things just not going anywhere.
    end of spoilers

They all still do cool stuff, but without the character work it felt a bit empty.
    Oooh, I very much enjoyed this show, I hope you like it!
    Three episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. The design of the Boiling Isles and its inhabitants are delightfully twisted (why does EVERYTHING have a mouth) and I'm enjoying the humor and the shows take on fantasy tropes. It's also always nice to hear Wendie Malick's voice.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, that sounds accurate. A lot of the character arcs this season kinda just fizzled out or were resolved a bit too early. Beside the examples you mention there's also spoilers:
    how Nancy and Johnathan's conflict after they're fired is resolved like after a single episode or so (and while it's nice that they could handle that in a mature fashion and showed understanding for one another's plight it didn't exactly leave them with many places to grow for the rest of the season) and all kids seeming to grow distant due to wanting different things just not going anywhere.
    end of spoilers

They all still do cool stuff, but without the character work it felt a bit empty.
    Very much agree with all of this.

Like you say fun, but just a bit weightless.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    One of the more cringeworthy things about the Whedon situation is that the guy who played Cyborg in Justice League complained about Whedon’s behaviour, and Warner’s reaction wasn’t to support him or investigate the claims. They just wrote his character out of the Flash movie.

I mean that’s classy, right?
    You know it's got to be a weird experience to have your complaints dismissed and then someone elses treated seriously. I mean in a way I'm sure he's relieved Whedon is finally getting the appropriate attention for what he's done, but on the other hand it's got to be infuriating to feel like your voice didn't matter.

So, they got Best Boy Tanjiro to portray Young Nier. Awesome!
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-12-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    You know it's got to be a weird experience to have your complaints dismissed and then someone elses treated seriously. I mean in a way I'm sure he's relieved Whedon is finally getting the appropriate attention for what he's done, but on the other hand it's got to be infuriating to feel like your voice didn't matter.
    He's very supportive of her on Twitter from what I've seen.

From what I gather, Carpenter told all of this to the WB investigators before Hamada squashed it

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...There's just something cathartic about not just a technological superior force throughly getting a taste of their own medicine (as Focht did play by their rules...He simply exploited the crap out of the possible loopholes), but the fact they got so thoroughly destroyed it made a majority of their own society actually questioned their way of life.

....Damn.

one piece 1004: so much **** going down.

franky throwing hands with sasaki

tama might just turn this battle around.

sanji's fate with black maria is shown

and we got another unknown person in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    we all kinda knew it at this point. :P