Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Currently 9 degrees, snow and ice everywhere, very unusual for Austin.

Speaking of which, the city is doing rolling blackouts to conserve energy...But they are really mucking it up.

I know there's unrealistic expectations to think they'll get the power back after 40 minutes like they texted, but it's been several hours since then...What the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Currently 9 degrees, snow and ice everywhere, very unusual for Austin.

Speaking of which, the city is doing rolling blackouts to conserve energy...But they are really mucking it up.

I know there's unrealistic expectations to think they'll get the power back after 40 minutes like they texted, but it's been several hours since then...What the hell.
    Unusual and unexpected weather is likely to become more common. I hope that Austin and cities like it take this winter as a sign that they need to prepare better for weird weather shifts.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Unusual and unexpected weather is likely to become more common. I hope that Austin and cities like it take this winter as a sign that they need to prepare better for weird weather shifts.
    Right, used to live in Minnesota so it feels a bit jarring to be reminded that Texas is not exactly ready for this kind of weather. Like a whole weekend of handling the icy roads were met in failure apparently.

...I am just glad not to go to work because the last few days were making me nervous.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    And the chapter shows that there are a few good years, probably full of neglect and desperation building up within Touya, between Endeavor stopping Touya's training and Touya snapping. So it's not like it all just happened in one day.
    end of spoilers
    The fact you have to qualify that statement with "probably," is emblematic of my issue.

I don't like how, what is the genesis of spoilers:
    Dabi's character
    end of spoilers is getting abridged in like one chapter.

Now, I don't much care for spoilers:
    Dabi anyhow, of the villain team he is by far the least interesting and kind of underdeveloped character to me.
    end of spoilers

I was hoping that some in-depths flashbacks might get me to care about the character more and maybe understand why they are the way they are. But we've had one chapter and we're moving on to spoilers:
    "And now he's crazy,"
    end of spoilers

My issue is with the pacing. If you're going to explore this relationship and, to be clear, I think Horikoshi absolutely should, I think time should be taken to let it breath and give the characters more time to illustrate their journeys and so on.

This just felt rushed to me which is a bit of a shame.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

power went out around 1am. just came back on.

21 degrees with still some ice and snow out there. but we handled it well. thank god i'm a board game collector or i would've died of bordom.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The fact you have to qualify that statement with "probably," is emblematic of my issue.

I don't like how, what is the genesis of spoilers:
    Dabi's character
    end of spoilers is getting abridged in like one chapter.

Now, I don't much care for spoilers:
    Dabi anyhow, of the villain team he is by far the least interesting and kind of underdeveloped character to me.
    end of spoilers

I was hoping that some in-depths flashbacks might get me to care about the character more and maybe understand why they are the way they are. But we've had one chapter and we're moving on to spoilers:
    "And now he's crazy,"
    end of spoilers

My issue is with the pacing. If you're going to explore this relationship and, to be clear, I think Horikoshi absolutely should, I think time should be taken to let it breath and give the characters more time to illustrate their journeys and so on.

This just felt rushed to me which is a bit of a shame.
    Well it's also not over just yet...though uh, with the way the penultimate panel's going, I do agree it is quite rushed.

I would appreciate if they stretched out this bit of plot and character exploration though. The Todoroki family story as a whole provides an interesting look at the dark side of the toxic celebrity culture in the hero world, and it'd be a shame if it was over in 2 chapters.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Still no freaking power....This is gonna be a long night...

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Still no freaking power....This is gonna be a long night...
    Do you have gas or electric heating?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Do you have gas or electric heating?
    Sadly not.

I really find myself not liking the text the power company gave me when they cut the power last night saying it'll take 40 minutes.

...Cause my god, I feel like they're idiots to say this before things went way off their expectations.