E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Still no freaking power....This is gonna be a long night...
    Break out all the blankets you got!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sadly not.

I really find myself not liking the text the power company gave me when they cut the power last night saying it'll take 40 minutes.

...Cause my god, I feel like they're idiots to say this before things went way off their expectations.
    Slightly forgiveable since Texas, or the south in general, doesn't get snow very often. Still, they can do a lot better than the same canned response that clearly isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Break out all the blankets you got!
    And bundle together if you can. Hopefully your power gets turned on soon
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sadly not.

I really find myself not liking the text the power company gave me when they cut the power last night saying it'll take 40 minutes.

...Cause my god, I feel like they're idiots to say this before things went way off their expectations.
    I hope the power comes back sooner than later.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Right now where I'm at it's 43 degrees Fahrenheit outside.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Well the part of TN I'm in, the Eastern region. Usually has colder temperatures in the winter then the other two regions of TN.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

power still on for us but we aren't expecting it to last.

thank god i talked my folks into buying those generators for hurricane seasons down here.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Well the part of TN I'm in, the Eastern region. Usually has colder temperatures in the winter then the other two regions of TN.
    So, you're up near Virginia then. I can imagine it being slightly colder than the rest of the state. Hopefully it's not too extreme like it is down in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    power still on for us but we aren't expecting it to last.

thank god i talked my folks into buying those generators for hurricane seasons down here.
    My husband and I had considered getting a generator. It's good that you have a backup power source.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband and I had considered getting a generator. It's good that you have a backup power source.
    we have 2 and a solar battery to charge them. it's good to be ready.

but the one thing i will say about my state.

not even a one-in-a-lifetime winter storm can stop people from wanting whataburger. seriously, i'm seeing people on twitter waiting in near sub-zero temps for over 90 minutes for some whataburger.

and i don't blame them. not one damn bit.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    we have 2 and a solar battery to charge them. it's good to be ready.

but the one thing i will say about my state.

not even a one-in-a-lifetime winter storm can stop people from wanting whataburger. seriously, i'm seeing people on twitter waiting in near sub-zero temps for over 90 minutes for some whataburger.

and i don't blame them. not one damn bit.
    If it's take out, by the time they get it home it will be cold. And if they don't have power, then they can't reheat it in the microwave. Oh well.

So, I've seen a CBR article that is "5 One Piece characters that Alfonse Elric can defeat (and 5 he can't)."

The first character they claim Alfonse can beat is... Shanks. He can also beat all three members of the Monster Trio and Franky. Two characters he can't beat? Usopp and Nami.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So, you're up near Virginia then. I can imagine it being slightly colder than the rest of the state. Hopefully it's not too extreme like it is down in Texas.
    I'm in Morristown which is close to Knoxville, but also close to Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson city. It's also close to Dollywood. It takes average of 54 mins to get from Morristown to Dollywood. Okay I'm shock that the temperatures in Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson city are higher then the temperatures in Knoxville and Morristown, because those three cites are in the most northern part of East TN.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-16-2021 at 08:22 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, I've seen a CBR article that is "5 One Piece characters that Alfonse Elric can defeat (and 5 he can't)."

The first character they claim Alfonse can beat is... Shanks. He can also beat all three members of the Monster Trio and Franky. Two characters he can't beat? Usopp and Nami.
    Where the hell do people submit that ****.

If people are giving money for stuff that dumb, I need to cash in

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Where the hell do people submit that ****.

If people are giving money for stuff that dumb, I need to cash in
    Oh, I didn't even mention that they claimed that Roronoa Zoro can't dent Alfonse's armor body, much less cut it. Because apparently they believe it's made of adamantium, or they don't know that Zoro has been cutting metal since ALL the way back in Alabasta arc back in 2000-2002.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis