Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Just because he didn't start out at maximum ****-dad-mode and had to build up to his most abusive actions (none of which have undone of softened by these flashbacks) doesn't mean that Endeavor's any less of an abusive and selfish failure of a parent. Endeavor fucked up one kid with his own selfish ambition and as soon as he got a kid with the quirk build he always wanted he started doing it again only you know worse, having ignored every consequence of what he did with Touya.

And the chapter shows that there are a few good years, probably full of neglect and desperation building up within Touya, between Endeavor stopping Touya's training and Touya snapping. So it's not like it all just happened in one day.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We get to see the scope and details of Endeavor's abuse. But the series doesn't back down on Endeavor being an abuser of his family.
    end of spoilers
    I'm honestly okay with this chapter. I think it makes the Endeavour thing make more sense.

spoilers:

I'd rather he started off in a more gray manner and then proceeds to get worse and worse, and realizes what he's become to surpass All Might, as opposed to someone who was always an absolute piece of **** and had a come to Jesus moment because reasons.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Endeavor does not suck, including Endeavor himself. Just that he's less of a bad parent here than he is in the future. It doesn't erase anything he's done, so much as establish that at a certain point he wasn't overflowing with dickish energy. At this point, he's maybe just negligent as opposed to the reign of terror we know he inacts later.

I would be really hard pressed to argue that he didn't care about Touya for instance.

I mean, the reason he stopped training him to begin with was because while he had (or has the potential) the ability to put out more flames than Endeavor, he had absolutely no endurance to heat. Best case scenario he's as resistant to heat as any normal person, worse case, this is shades of Pokemon and he's actually more sensitive to flames than anyone else.

I mean, theoretically he could be stronger than Endeavor, he wasn't a 'failed project' in that he had no powers, or that he was a weakling, the problem was that it's not good for him. I think the chapter really sorta frames the problem in that manner, as opposed to lack of power.

He flat out says it's for Touyas own good, and I'm inclined to believe him given the doctor explaining Touya is a rare case of someone whose power set does not suit their body.

I mean, I think if he had kept training Touya, we'd be thinking he's even more of a dick than he already is, since he's disregarding the point that training Touya is not healthy and he knows it.

If he flat out didn't care, he wouldn't have kept trying to discourage him, and he certainly wouldn't be so traumatized by him 'dying' at one of his favorite training spots that he refuses to even go there anymore.

(I'm just saying I prefer Jerkass Endevour to Endeavor Hamna. It does maybe soften him up *slightly* but it also explains makes him trying to turn things around make more sense in the present. It also would help to explain why his family is even slightly willing to even remotely consider reconciling with him.)

He goes on and on about how Touya won't listen, and the whole chapter keeps talking about how he's getting burned from his training, and Endeavor is clearly concerned about this...I'm also led to believe that Endevour didn't tell Touya about his whole Pokemon breeding plan originally, so much as he figured it out on his own. His interaction with Rei sorta reads as 'he figured out what you're up to.'

(Obviously the entire 'I need a kid who is god tier is extremely problematic, and it's clear that tension weighed heavily, and the entire plan is.....not optimal to having a family even in the most ideal situation.)

While it's clear that the fact he's unlikely to surpass all might factored into his decision, it's also portrayed in a manner that makes it clear that Touya just wouldn't drop the issue. Like you said, we're in years later from the time that Endeavor stopped training him and he's still going at it.

At this point I don't think there are any good moves. Endeavor already fucked up before he realized it.

If you train him, he gets better, and wants to train more. He gets more powerful, which hurts him more and he certainly will want to go further. If you don't train him, well..We've seen where that goes.

I think it would have been a good idea to get the kid a psychiatrist or something, and knowing Endeavor he focused all his time on heroing or something and I struggle to imagine him as the type to spend all day fishing with his kids....

I'm half expecting to find out he....did not react well to Touya attacking Shooto and banishing him to the mines of moria, I'm also hoping he doesn't go full blown piece of **** that quickly.

I'm very worried about the next chapter lol.

Like you said though, this entire fuckup is on Endeavor. Even if Touya is naturally unstable, the 'be the best, don't want to be replaced' thing is pretty much a side effect of Endeavors plan, regardless of if it was intentional or not.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miburo; 02-16-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, I've seen a CBR article that is "5 One Piece characters that Alfonse Elric can defeat (and 5 he can't)."

The first character they claim Alfonse can beat is... Shanks. He can also beat all three members of the Monster Trio and Franky. Two characters he can't beat? Usopp and Nami.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well....I gotta admit, I never expect my house to be an igloo at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Well....I gotta admit, I never expect my house to be an igloo at this point.
    Hang in there Iron!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hang in there Iron!
    Will be. The news said today is where they'll finally get a bulk of people back their electricity.

...Then again, my trust in them had lowered to a ridiculous degree so uhhhh, yeah, grain of salt at the moment regarding their word.

In short...This is my current expression at how the power company is handling the problem.

You show them, Yaotome.

Will be. The news said today is where they'll finally get a bulk of people back their electricity.

...Then again, my trust in them had lowered to a ridiculous degree so uhhhh, yeah, grain of salt at the moment regarding their word.
    Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

In short...This is my current expression at how the power company is handling the problem.

You show them, Yaotome.

The power company.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

After defeating Muzan, Tanjiro could finally get back to his music career.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Oh, that article is nothing compared to the one where the writer made a list of who in My Hero Academia could beat Goku and who couldn't.

Who couldn't? All Might. All for One. Endeavor. Izuku. Eraserhead. Mirio.

Who could? Overhaul. Shigaraki. Shinsou. Eri.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Oh, that article is nothing compared to the one where the writer made a list of who in My Hero Academia could beat Goku and who couldn't.

Well, she is too cute to punch. I could see Goku letting her hang out with Goten and Marron.

Everyone else is getting pimpslapped or atomized tho.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

For the Texans among us

For those without heat in Texas, there are warming shelters throughout the state. See map at link below or call 211 for assistance. If you have a medical device that requires power, call 911. Texas twitter, please add additional resources to this thread. https://tdem.texas.gov/warming-center
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

I mean that one makes a lot more sense. Save for Shinsou, all those guys at least have a means to defeat Goku. They'd never get the chance if Bloodlust were active, but the average person doesn't tend to assume bloodlust

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.