The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    It's funny when I see non Rumbles site using terms like "jobbing" or asking for "feats". They definitely aren't using rumbles rules (or not stringently as a board) but it's fun.
    That would be amusing to see, yeah. Battleboard culture (or whatever one wishes to name it) has spread out a little bit into the net, I figure.

I mean, there's a LOT of places that do it, not just the big names. I remember seeing a LOTR forum where they were discussing character fights some years back (and spotted a well-known exaggerator of feats there amusingly enough). I originally got HERE because I was on the old DC Forums after finding Batgirl, and they had people putting up threads discussing fights between characters all over the place. And one of the old posters from Rumbles was there...ugh, I can't remember his name now, we're talking fifteen years ago...he PMed me saying 'Hey, if you're interested there's a place where we discuss these things with RULES...'

And I arrived here.

I figure it gets around, even now. Saw some discussion of it on Tumblr, even, and Jcogginsa (which was a surprise)) hopping in to make a comment on a Cassandra Cain post where people were discussing her capabilities (non-Rumbles-people, just character fans). Amusing.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Worth noting that "Jobbing" isn't rumbles original. It comes from Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That would be amusing to see, yeah. Battleboard culture (or whatever one wishes to name it) has spread out a little bit into the net, I figure.

I mean, there's a LOT of places that do it, not just the big names. I remember seeing a LOTR forum where they were discussing character fights some years back (and spotted a well-known exaggerator of feats there amusingly enough). I originally got HERE because I was on the old DC Forums after finding Batgirl, and they had people putting up threads discussing fights between characters all over the place. And one of the old posters from Rumbles was there...ugh, I can't remember his name now, we're talking fifteen years ago...he PMed me saying 'Hey, if you're interested there's a place where we discuss these things with RULES...'

And I arrived here.

I figure it gets around, even now. Saw some discussion of it on Tumblr, even, and Jcogginsa (which was a surprise)) hopping in to make a comment on a Cassandra Cain post where people were discussing her capabilities (non-Rumbles-people, just character fans). Amusing.
    It was a surprise to see you too

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Worth noting that "Jobbing" isn't rumbles original. It comes from Wrestling
    I was going to mention that.

Oh for sure. It's just funny bc I would see someone making Rumbles types gestures in a nonrelated thread, and then they are buried by a landslide of people talking about how Superman from another timeline moved the universe or something once.

Obviously its a different forum and I'm not invested in it so I just get amused and move on.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

It certainly is for her, and would absolutely result in me vacating the scene post-haste!

spoilers:
    I mean, they were even making sounds. Yeesh.
    end of spoilers
    There's a simple solution for that.

Burn 'Em All!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Decided to play a game where after every line she narrates, I'd insert "for skinning puppies/to skin puppies" and it did not disappoint.

Extraordinary Member

Looks at the news

...I been getting a lot a use outta that one lately

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Oh yea, that piece of **** lady.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

The villain introduced in the latest episode of Re:Zero, Pandora, is OP in a kind of way that I've always wanted to see in a character.

spoilers:
    She gets hit and takes damage just like anybody else, but then she just pops up again with no injuries. Even getting shredded into red mist did effectively nothing to her. And then she doesn't really do much beyond talking while everybody tries to murder her.
    end of spoilers

It was unsettling and awesome to see. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from her and what her limits are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The villain introduced in the latest episode of Re:Zero, Pandora, is OP in a kind of way that I've always wanted to see in a character.

spoilers:
    She gets hit and takes damage just like anybody else, but then she just pops up again with no injuries. Even getting shredded into red mist did effectively nothing to her. And then she doesn't really do much beyond talking while everybody tries to murder her.
    end of spoilers

It was unsettling and awesome to see. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from her and what her limits are.
    Well, considering that spoilers:
    her Witch factor allows her to rewrite reality however she pleases, including her death as long as she's able to think
    end of spoilers, yeah she's pretty broken.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Classic.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, considering that spoilers:
    her Witch factor allows her to rewrite reality however she pleases, including her death as long as she's able to think
    end of spoilers, yeah she's pretty broken.
    This show's still going huh.

Shame.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Well, damn.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!