Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Interesting, Nik. Pity the adaptation is so terrible.

Basically it’s a bucketful of poorly thought out scenes containing nothing but clichés and F/X (often poorly chosen ones).
    Sounds like a saga that recently concluded.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...g-cast/.170314

Holy Cow, The Devil is a Part-Timer is getting a second season.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...g-cast/.170314

Holy Cow, The Devil is a Part-Timer is getting a second season.
    This would've thrilled me a year ago, but after reading the light novel's climax and ending...

Well, this is a *very* hard pass for me.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-06-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    This would've thrilled me a year ago, but after reading the light novel's climax and ending...

What happened?

Also, they could go with an anime-only ending...

...though that may just make things worse.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    What happened?
    All I'll say is that the ending was bad enough that the author: was hammered on his Twitter by both Japanese and Western tweets; had Japanese fans give the final volume 1-star reviews on Amazon JP (with reports that it only sold a measly 3,000 copies), and received multiple death threats as well.

And his new book series is basically a retrend. Just replace "Demon King" with "Vampire Prince", and "Angelic Hero" with "Vampire Hunter".

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Housemate wanted to watch the rest of Wandavision because he might make a video essay on it so I've now seen all of Wandavision.

Yeah, I stand by my earlier assessment. Show is pretty wack, ton of wasted potential. Some good ideas but ultimately didn't want to do anything beyond a standard Marvel thing.

Which is fine, it's not far for me to judge it for not being something it was never going to be. But, it did not really grab me.

Bettany and Olsen do great work and give good performances despite a ropey script but it was just... dull? I guess? I felt very little watching it. Felt similarly numb to it as I have to 90% of Marvel's catalogue in the last... decade or so.

Super disappointed at how they handled Monica. She felt incredibly vestigial. She deserved better than this show to introduce her.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

I heard people on twitter are hoping that Season 2 of the anime goes for a original ending. Now where's my Deadman Wonderland reboot that follows more closely to the manga. If that ever happen my mind would exploded. If a reboot anime of Deadman Wonderland happen, that would be the bees knees for me.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-06-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I heard people on twitter are hoping that Season 2 of the anime goes for a original ending. Now where's my Deadman Wonderland reboot that follows more closely to the manga. If that ever happen my mind would exploded.
    You and me both. I'm holding out hope for a Dream Eater Merry anime reboot myself. (And still scratching my head over why a Rave Master anime reboot hasn't been announced yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Housemate wanted to watch the rest of Wandavision because he might make a video essay on it so I've now seen all of Wandavision.

Yeah, I stand by my earlier assessment. Show is pretty wack, ton of wasted potential. Some good ideas but ultimately didn't want to do anything beyond a standard Marvel thing.

Which is fine, it's not far for me to judge it for not being something it was never going to be. But, it did not really grab me.

Bettany and Olsen do great work and give good performances despite a ropey script but it was just... dull? I guess? I felt very little watching it. Felt similarly numb to it as I have to 90% of Marvel's catalogue in the last... decade or so.

Super disappointed at how they handled Monica. She felt incredibly vestigial. She deserved better than this show to introduce her.
    Yeah it didn't really commit to the concept as I wanted to.

Have no idea what Monica was here for really. She made no impact on the finale besides a confusing power reveal (and a wack character reveal).

Still, I enjoyed watching it overall.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

So, I think the people at Lucasfilm have completely run out of ideas considering that they made the navigator/Chewbacca of their "I Can't Believe It's Not Han Solo" Leox Gyasi is a rock. Not a rock-based being or anything like that, but just a big old hunk of stone. Doesn't even have a face on it.

And the name of their ship pretty much is another nail in their "we don't have any ideas" coffin, because it's "The Vessel".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, I think the people at Lucasfilm have completely run out of ideas considering that they made the navigator/Chewbacca of their "I Can't Believe It's Not Han Solo" Leox Gyasi is a rock. Not a rock-based being or anything like that, but just a big old hunk of stone. Doesn't even have a face on it.
    Well, that's ONE way to save on the CGI Budget.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

And the name of their ship pretty much is another nail in their "we don't have any ideas" coffin, because it's "The Vessel".
    Nah, bro. You can't possibly be serious.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nah, bro. You can't possibly be serious.
    Leox Gyasi trailer on Star Wars dot com.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

...holy ****.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!