Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    From 3:44 on, this is no longer a warehouse. It's an operating table... and Mulan is the surgeon . (and yes, I'm aware the Batman video is below this one)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Don't think this is quite as relevant a topic to the denizens of this board but, anything to help housemate with his engagement.

Housemate's new video is up:

The editing is v slick in this one, a very nicely put together video!

Extraordinary Member

Three episodes in and I am really enjoying Superman & Lois.

I appreciate that it seems to eschew the monster/villain of the week formula that I've gotten quite accustomed in my nerd shows ever since I was wee lad watching Power Rangers. Rather there are a few different but ongoing threats Clark and Lois have to deal with while the family drama with their sons take more of a center stage. It's quite compelling and I like seeing Superman as a family man, a side that the comics haven't really explored.

Also, spoilers:
    in the latest episode Superman fights with some thugg strong enough to over-power him which a bit of a shock, but after getting up Supes just uses all his other powers and wrecks the guy. It was quite satisfying to see.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 03-12-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Got up early this morning to get my work done, but instead I ended up spending the last 4 1/2 hours dealing with Windows updates.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Listen to Vegeta, Cinder; he speaks from experience. Also, OWNED BITCH!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Yeeeeah, Roosterteeth really dropped the ball if that Semblance is actually real, and not just a joke by the writers. Because vilifying an originally well-meaning and moralistic character because his passive ability gives mental tunnel-vision and he has absolutely no control over it, is pretty shitty.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Three episodes in and I am really enjoying Superman & Lois.

I appreciate that it seems to eschew the monster/villain of the week formula that I've gotten quite accustomed in my nerd shows ever since I was wee lad watching Power Rangers. Rather there are a few different but ongoing threats Clark and Lois have to deal with while the family drama with their sons take more of a center stage. It's quite compelling and I like seeing Superman as a family man, a side that the comics haven't really explored.

Also, spoilers:
    in the latest episode Superman fights with some thugg strong enough to over-power him which a bit of a shock, but after getting up Supes just uses all his other powers and wrecks the guy. It was quite satisfying to see.
    end of spoilers
    Supes as a family man is actually something the comics have been exploring for a few years now, though the dynamic is different from the show, as they only have one son.

Anyway, Tyler Hoechlin is a great Superman

Extraordinary Member

DC is going to start selling NFTs with DC characters in them. If you're not aware, NFTs are art verified with Blackchains, and they are incredibly damaging to the environment due to how much energy they require.

As someone else put it: "Corporate Superhero comics help kill the Earth and its environment in a bid for profit" sounds like a Grant Morrison comic plot, not reality, yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    DC is going to start selling NFTs with DC characters in them. If you're not aware, NFTs are art verified with Blackchains, and they are incredibly damaging to the environment due to how much energy they require.

As someone else put it: "Corporate Superhero comics help kill the Earth and its environment in a bid for profit" sounds like a Grant Morrison comic plot, not reality, yet here we are.

I was just reading up on NFT's earlier

Still not sure I understand how they use up so much energy.

So I looked it up here

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I found this article which is literally entitled: "HERE IS THE ARTICLE YOU CAN SEND TO PEOPLE WHEN THEY SAY “BUT THE ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES WITH CRYPTOART WILL BE SOLVED SOON, RIGHT?” a very useful read and point of reference for people who want to know more about the NFT thing.

Artist Twitter is very upset about it because it's leading to people stealing artwork from Twitter and then minting NFTs for that in the hopes of making money.

Whole situation sucks and DC should not be getting into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I found this article which is literally entitled: "HERE IS THE ARTICLE YOU CAN SEND TO PEOPLE WHEN THEY SAY “BUT THE ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES WITH CRYPTOART WILL BE SOLVED SOON, RIGHT?” a very useful read and point of reference for people who want to know more about the NFT thing.

Artist Twitter is very upset about it because it's leading to people stealing artwork from Twitter and then minting NFTs for that in the hopes of making money.

Whole situation sucks and DC should not be getting into it.
    In a way, I like the idea that digital art can be tagged in a way similar to the way that an artist can sign his or her painting. Yet in the digital world, forgeries and copies are as easy to do as copy and paste, then opening up photoshop.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

one piece 1007: queen is a dick and chopper is best boy!!
    Last edited by master of read; 03-12-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    one piece 1006: queen is a dick and chopper is best boy!!
    I think you're talking chapter 1007, at which point I agree. And the people on Onigashima learn not to mis-species Chopper. He's NOT A TANUKI!

Also, spoilers:
    Oden seems back from the dead! I think it's either Onimaru the fox shapeshifted to look like Oden, or Oden's so badass his spirit came back from the dead to ensure that his loyal retainers are able to help take down Kaido and open up Wano like he desired.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The Dog; 03-12-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I think you're talking chapter 1007, at which point I agree. And the people on Onigashima learn not to mis-species Chopper. He's NOT A TANUKI!

Also, spoilers:
    Oden seems back from the dead! I think it's either Onimaru the fox shapeshifted to look like Oden, or Oden's so badass his spirit came back from the dead to ensure that his loyal retainers are able to help take down Kaido and open up Wano like he desired.
    end of spoilers
    damnit. this is what i get for posting while eating donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    damnit. this is what i get for posting while eating donuts.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.