My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Academia!

spoilers:

Deku, bro, I know you're the big hero MC and all that, and I like you, but seriously? F-k Shigaraki. The guy just dusted his second city while his pet Kaiju rampaged through several more on top of everything else the League of Villains have done. There comes a time when you have to cut the wire bro.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Deku is at least open to the option of killing Shigaraki as a last resort.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

for you boxing heads in here, this one is gonna hurt

"marvelous" marvin haggler has passed.
    Last edited by master of read; 03-14-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    At 252 books logged and I'm giving up for the day.

I did not know I had quite this many.
    Final total 423.

They are now all organised, either on new shelves or in storage boxes, and I have a dedicated spreadsheet to track them with moving forward.

Tiring but satisfying work.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    for you boxing heads in here, this one is gonna heart.

"marvelous" marvin haggler has passed.
    Yeah, I saw this last night. Sad news.

Final total 423.

They are now all organised, either on new shelves or in storage boxes, and I have a dedicated spreadsheet to track them with moving forward.

Tiring but satisfying work.
    Are most of yours in TPB collections?

I dread to think how many thousand individual issues I have being ruined in boxes in the garage.

By the last few years of my comic-buying life, I was picking up at least 60-70 issues a month, and overall I was buying for a 24-year period (minus about a three year gap in the middle). So there’s A LOT of them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Are most of yours in TPB collections?

I dread to think how many thousand individual issues I have being ruined in boxes in the garage.

By the last few years of my comic-buying life, I was picking up at least 60-70 issues a month, and overall I was buying for a 24-year period (minus about a three year gap in the middle). So there’s A LOT of them.
    Yar, I only collect TBPs. I've never gone in on individual issues myself apart from mild dabbling in childhood. Since 2008, when my comic buying began in earnest as I actually had disposable income in Uni because I was sober at the time, I have only bought trades.

I worked it out that it's like 32.5 books a year since then.

Extraordinary Member

Academia!spoilers:

Deku, bro, I know you're the big hero MC and all that, and I like you, but seriously? F-k Shigaraki. The guy just dusted his second city while his pet Kaiju rampaged through several more on top of everything else the League of Villains have done. There comes a time when you have to cut the wire bro.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    I agree. And his "He had that look in his eyes that screamed 'Help Me'" excuse? Well, yeah, he wanted help... Because his body was being taken over by the humanoid abomination that is All For One. If not for that, Shigaraki would be happily committing MORE mass murder and trying to steal One For All from you. Just because he was being overtaken by an even more powerful evil doesn't mean that Shigaraki's crimes are to be ignored... Unless you're planning to rescue him from AFO and then killing him.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    Deku is at least open to the option of killing Shigaraki as a last resort.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Saving Shigaraki doesn't mean pardoning or forgiving him of all his crimes.

Deku isn't trying to make friends with Shigaraki, he just recognises that within Shigaraki there's a terrified and confused little boy named Tenko Shimura who's been abused and manipulated for the majority of his life and never got the chance to become anyting else than a hatefilled weapon for All For One. He wants to save that part of him. Though, he doesn't know exactly what that means or how he'll do it, but he has to try at least. That's Deku's whole raison d'etre, to save people.

Also, he didn't become a hero to be an executioner after all so of course straight up murdering Shigaraki is going to be pushed to the last resort.
    end of spoilers

Yar, I only collect TBPs. I've never gone in on individual issues myself apart from mild dabbling in childhood. Since 2008, when my comic buying began in earnest as I actually had disposable income in Uni because I was sober at the time, I have only bought trades.

I worked it out that it's like 32.5 books a year since then.
    Before I sold or gave away more than half of my collection, I think I had between 600 to a thousand individual volumes of Manga. I remember selling between 400 and 500 volumes to some person for $300. I also donated several boxes of manga to a local public library, which must have been around 200 volumes. I still have maybe 100 or more volumes left. That's not counting my collection of Shonen Jump issues.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

So, I was considering a Rumble between Team RWBY VS The Dora Circe from Zyuranger, but I was thinking it might be too fast what with it being able to casually zip around normal humans too fast for them to notice, even around groups.

Perhaps Harriet would be a better choice?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

So, I was considering a Rumble between Team RWBY VS The Dora Circe from Zyuranger, but I was thinking it might be too fast what with it being able to casually zip around normal humans too fast for them to notice, even around groups.

Perhaps Harriet would be a better choice?
    Aren't Team RWBY all Bullet timers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Aren't Team RWBY all Bullet timers?
    True, that is definitely true, but that's where I'm stuck on comparing their speed feats.

Dora Circe.

Casually zips around a family eating dinner, grabs their food one by one and zips away and back before any of them can see him. He continues to do this for a few days.

Steals a burger from Boi and a kid from right out of a kid's hand too fast for them to see it.

Zips around a restaurant full of people eating dinner, stealing food from them and then leaving before anybody can notice him doing it and does this to another restaurant offscreen.

The Zyuranger caught him on video but they still couldn't see him move until they played it in slow motion.

You can understand my dilemma.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Took up watching Jujutsu Kaisen ( English dub) it's pretty great. just finished watching Episode 14.
    My Forum check it out

Extraordinary Member