Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

There is no mercy in badminton!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

There is no mercy in badminton!
    For further context, when they were younger Kaoruko (the pink haired girl) made sure to pass on her rather severe cold to Ayano (Hanesaki) right before their match in an official tournament. That was the only reason Kaoruko won that match. So yeah, no mercy for her.

Also, the anime is apparently much more melodramatic than the manga with several characters taking a few levels in being a jerkass. I've only seen the anime and I found it quite fascinating. I should read the manga at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    For further context, when they were younger Kaoruko (the pink haired girl) made sure to pass on her rather severe cold to Ayano (Hanesaki) right before their match in an official tournament. That was the only reason Kaoruko won that match. So yeah, no mercy for her.

Also, the anime is apparently much more melodramatic than the manga with several characters taking a few levels in being a jerkass. I've only seen the anime and I found it quite fascinating. I should read the manga at some point.
    I am seriously considering checking this out. This looks so absurdly over the top that it's already intrigued me. I must have context!

Also, seriously.

This smile, I will protect this smile. A smile like this can thaw the iciest of hearts, dispel the darkest of evils and win the mightiest of wars!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

I am seriously considering checking this out. This looks so absurdly over the top that it's already intrigued me. I must have context!

Also, seriously.

This smile, I will protect this smile. A smile like this can thaw the iciest of hearts, dispel the darkest of evils and win the mightiest of wars!
    Go for it, the anime is short but intense, for different reasons than what you might expect from a badminton series.

Also, be prepared to absolutely hate Ayano's moms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Go for it, the anime is short but intense, for different reasons than what you might expect from a badminton series.

Also, be prepared to absolutely hate Ayano's moms.
    I have seen some clips on youtube sooo I will just leave this here...

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Also, seriously.

Maybe it's the eyes, but that is a face that says "give me your soul!"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Maybe it's the eyes, but that is a face that says "give me your soul!"
    Or she wants to wear your skin as a jacket. I would not trust anyone with those eyes combined with that smile.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=176K1ZHy7sc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZ07qUVjOs

Hey guys! It's all good! It's cool! She was under hypnosis!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I'm sorry bout being late to react to this image but no.

All that and he never got anyone killed in his fights? ...Like what? Especially the past conflicts with the military part.

Just no.

Edit: I mean I guess it's around Catwoman tagging Speedsters in 3 directions kind of no. But nowhere near Injustice Batman being upset Injustice Superman killed an army of invading parademons kind of no.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 03-15-2021 at 06:11 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i know i'm not the biggest fan of revenge isekai like "redo healer" but "hero of darkness" is just so..........cathartic with its revenge scenes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Edit: I mean I guess it's around Catwoman tagging Speedsters in 3 directions kind of no. But nowhere near Injustice Batman being upset Injustice Superman killed an army of invading parademons kind of no.
    So you mean it makes perfect sense in context of the comic the scene appeared in?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So you mean it makes perfect sense in context of the comic the scene appeared in?
    Again, I admit it's just me just not liking it cause every time I just stare and blink at what I just saw.

Like yeah, there's probably a good explanation but it's not really sinking me in kind of feeling. Like Amadeus Cho going Hulk never killed an innocent even at a rampage arguably could make sense in context...But I'm just going no the moment I see that claim like I do with Catwoman because it's just so awkward after years of knowing what those Speedsters are capable of even when they're nerfed in that scene. Cho just saying Hulk doesn't kill...Really raises questions for me.

Like this is just my own feelings on the matter, not me trying to prove a point when clearly the narrative is explaining why.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 03-15-2021 at 07:04 PM.

I understand the logic but it feels cheap.

Not a big deal though
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator