Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I thought the story had ALWAYS been that Banner held the Hulk back and kept him from ACTUALLY killing anyone. Like if the Hulk went around KILLING people, he'd be a Bad Guy. So he never ACTUALLY killed anyone. This just adds an additional layer of Super-Math to the "how he actually does it" part.
    I think it's more that Hulk not even accidentally killing someone is BS. With all the destruction he's caused, surely some poor sap or a hundred got caught in a piece of debris or something.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I think it's more that Hulk not even accidentally killing someone is BS. With all the destruction he's caused, surely some poor sap or a hundred got caught in a piece of debris or something.
    Well, I could chalk that one up to Comic Book physics. People only die in comics when it's important to the story.

But yeah, that would be crazy coincidence or a super power in the real world with the amount of destruction he does.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I thought the story had ALWAYS been that Banner held the Hulk back and kept him from ACTUALLY killing anyone. Like if the Hulk went around KILLING people, he'd be a Bad Guy. So he never ACTUALLY killed anyone. This just adds an additional layer of Super-Math to the "how he actually does it" part.
    But what about collateral damage? That's where I'm pausing when Amadeus Cho made the claim "those times when you fought the military, you never killed a soldier" bit cause I get not intentionally killing someone but it just feels a flimsy band-aid disregarding the collateral damages.

Edit: and ninjad there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, I've never liked Black Cat (Marvel). For a lot of reasons.

But the 2020 series, which ties in with the stupid King in Black storyline, is actually quite good, drawing from all over Marvel and its history. It also gives us gems like this.

Attachment 107321

Which, if you're really good, you'll notice not only has Strange looking dumbfounded edit: scratch that, upset as I've ever seen him, but spoilers:
    he's riding in the Spider-mobile.
    end of spoilers
    That’s pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    But what about collateral damage? That's where I'm pausing when Amadeus Cho made the claim "those times when you fought the military, you never killed a soldier" bit cause I get not intentionally killing someone but it just feels a flimsy band-aid disregarding the collateral damages.

Edit: and ninjad there.
    It’s the bit where he basically says “You just smashed the top off two prominent high-rise buildings in the centre of New York - zero casualties at ground level or within the buildings. Kudos.”

Which takes bullshit to almost epic proportions.

But the whole story and the ludicrous amounts of PIS were appalling.

Sentry: “I’m a localised reality-warper throwing out enough energy to be visible in a different dimension. My idea - fist fight!”
    Strange: “I could easily d-dump you until you cool down again, or a zillion other things, but my idea - take on the corrupting essence of a powerful mystic dark god figure, then... fist fight!”

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So wondering, has there ever been two different martial arts schools ever sharing one building?

It's part of my writing.
    Sure. not uncommon. Space is expensive; unless the school is a highly commercial one (you know the kind - 'black belt program', focus on belt tests, gets as many students in as possible), schools can have issues making the rent alone. My old school used to share space with an Aikido school, as an example, to bring down the price for both. Just needed to schedule everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That’s pretty amazing.
    Yeah, the issue actually showcases that particular thing's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It’s the bit where he basically says “You just smashed the top off two prominent high-rise buildings in the centre of New York - zero casualties at ground level or within the buildings. Kudos.”

Which takes bullshit to almost epic proportions.
    Yeah, one can't 'maths' one's way out of hurting/killing people in that kind of situation.

But the whole story and the ludicrous amounts of PIS were appalling.

Sentry: “I’m a localised reality-warper throwing out enough energy to be visible in a different dimension. My idea - fist fight!”
    Strange: “I could easily d-dump you until you cool down again, or a zillion other things, but my idea - take on the corrupting essence of a powerful mystic dark god figure, then... fist fight!”
    Also, 'without his hands, Strange can't do big magic!' Well...not quite true, no. Maybe he can't pull out the ridiculous incantations to the Vishanti and such, but there's stuff like 'Shutdown Hulk's spirit and so forth' he should be able to manage just fine, especially with stuff like the Eye of Agamotto.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Only good thing to come out of recent (past decade) Hulk, is Zeus punching him so hard his healing factor breaks.
    Immortal Hulk is excellent, though it can't be recommended without caveats due to the Artist being a shithead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Immortal Hulk is excellent, though it can't be recommended without caveats due to the Artist being a shithead.
    Ugh, yeah. Valid point.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Just saw this while browsing on youtube and this is the only clip that I've seen of this show (though I have a passing knowledge of it) but man... it's going to be difficult for the Snyder Cut to be more emotionally engaging and satisfying than this scene.

Only half-kidding.

Sure. not uncommon. Space is expensive; unless the school is a highly commercial one (you know the kind - 'black belt program', focus on belt tests, gets as many students in as possible), schools can have issues making the rent alone. My old school used to share space with an Aikido school, as an example, to bring down the price for both. Just needed to schedule everything.
    Nice.

One of my main character's parents run a joint karate/kendo school in a small dojo in their yard. Their current woes for laughs is that the dojo is falling apart and their students are rather unsavory folks (though thankfully they're not truly malicious) who only applied because of some really in-universe past controversial actions (that even then is taken out of context) that they think is awesome. Oh, and the karate half and swordsmanship half of students really do not like each other.

Again, played for humor.

Nice.

One of my main character's parents run a joint karate/kendo school in a small dojo in their yard. Their current woes for laughs is that the dojo is falling apart and their students are rather unsavory folks (though thankfully they're not truly malicious) who only applied because of some really in-universe past controversial actions (that even then is taken out of context) that they think is awesome. Oh, and the karate half and swordsmanship half of students really do not like each other.

Again, played for humor.
    All totally sensible.

If we're talking about Same People running two different classes....

1. My Judo school at one point also had a Jujutsu class and a Kendo class. Don't know if they still do.
    2. My second school ran classes in both a heavily modified chinese style and Arnis.
    3. My current teacher (currently not actually doing anything, due to Covid) taught classes in both Taiji and Bagua (different classes, many different people) when he still taught people at a studio. Him teaching me Xingyi wasn't normal - just a private class thing.
    Why are we here?

All totally sensible.

If we're talking about Same People running two different classes....

1. My Judo school at one point also had a Jujutsu class and a Kendo class. Don't know if they still do.
    2. My second school ran classes in both a heavily modified chinese style and Arnis.
    3. My current teacher (currently not actually doing anything, due to Covid) taught classes in both Taiji and Bagua (different classes, many different people) when he still taught people at a studio. Him teaching me Xingyi wasn't normal - just a private class thing.
    Nice, these details are pretty cool.

In the story, the father teaches karate, the mother kendo.

Nice.

In the story, the father teaches karate, the mother kendo.
    Family businesses/schools make perfect sense.
    Why are we here?

Family businesses/schools make perfect sense.
    Bout right. The setting is mostly taking place in a section of a rather large town (arguably a city somewhere in Japan but I'm playing the Simpsons where the hell is Springfield card as to avoid explaining that) so family businesses are pretty consistent.