Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

You know? At this point you could make a drinking game out of all the times they've let Alice go.
    Alright, I'll admit, I liked the beginning of this clip. Because Ryan bursts in trying to do a badass "My name is Inigo Montoya" bit, but Alice just gives no fucks and begins openly mocking her.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Alright, I'll admit, I liked the beginning of this clip. Because Ryan bursts in trying to do a badass "My name is Inigo Montoya" bit, but Alice just gives no fucks and begins openly mocking her.
    The sheer lack of f-s she has to give is one of the few brightspots of Alice.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The sheer lack of f-s she has to give is one of the few brightspots of Alice.
    To the best of my knowledge they haven’t aired any of S2 over here yet, but I didn’t really hate Alice in S1. She was quite entertaining. It’s just the extraordinary levels of dumb that the Bat-morons used when dealing with her psychotic bullshit, and the fact that she was about 5 times as charismatic and engaging as any of the protagonists.

Hey, what's the name of that one anime character? I can't remember the name or power specifically, but it's like, a character who can see a weakness point in a specific person and where to stab/cut them? It's like on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember the character.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Hey, what's the name of that one anime character? I can't remember the name or power specifically, but it's like, a character who can see a weakness point in a specific person and where to stab/cut them? It's like on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember the character.
    I feel like this might be aimed in my general direction, but since I know less than nothing about anime, it’s kind of fruitless. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    To the best of my knowledge they haven’t aired any of S2 over here yet, but I didn’t really hate Alice in S1. She was quite entertaining. It’s just the extraordinary levels of dumb that the Bat-morons used when dealing with her psychotic bullshit, and the fact that she was about 5 times as charismatic and engaging as any of the protagonists.
    While I personally find her more annoying, I have to agree with most of this. They really needed to use her more sparingly. Give her the rest of the Wonderland Gang for Kate to fight first, build up to Alice, and give her a Season 1 Dark Archer style introduction where she completely rolls on Kate in the first round.

Kate discovers their familial bond in a later encounter and has to figure out what to do with her now before settling on, at the very least, locking her up in Arkham to get her off the streets first and then work on trying to reach her. Give Alice a Hannibal role.

Mad Hatter comes around in Season 2 then, making Kate's life even harder.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    remember just the last ep where she was giving luke **** for letting alice go?

sigh.

at this point, i'm not mad at the show. i'm in awe of how utterly stupid it is.

and is ryan still fighting with that fucked up shoulder? they stopped a doctor from saving a patient's life by guilt-tripping him into helping her and SHE STILL ISN'T FIXED UP?!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    remember just the last ep where she was giving luke **** for letting alice go?

sigh.

at this point, i'm not mad at the show. i'm in awe of how utterly stupid it is.
    It's like Late Series Arrow condensed into two seasons!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime?

The Eyes of Death Perception and all that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime?

The Eyes of Death Perception and all that?
    That's it! Thank you!

It was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't remember him! Oh yeah that is definitely it. Thanks Nik.

Have a plushie!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

That's it! Thank you!

It was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't remember him! Oh yeah that is definitely it. Thanks Nik.

Have a plushie!
    You may also be thinking of Shiki Ryougi from Kara no Kyoukai, is is essentially an AU counterpart of Tohno and has the same power.

The power is quite busted. If something can be killed, she can see how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    You may also be thinking of Shiki Ryougi from Kara no Kyoukai, is is essentially an AU counterpart of Tohno and has the same power.

The power is quite busted. If something can be killed, she can see how to do it
    Interesting. I'll be sure to look her up.

And yeah, the Eyes are crazy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

It's like Late Series Arrow condensed into two seasons!
    it's actively trying to out-stupid everything arrow has done.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting. I'll be sure to look her up.

And yeah, the Eyes are crazy.
    The Nasuverse is a complex beast.

(Though a lot of it's complexity comes down to having a bunch of proper nouns, and being very verbose)

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!