Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Let's see what this Falcon + WS is like.

I was disappointed a bunch by where WandaVision ended up going although I still liked it well enough overall. With this one though my expectations are at a low so I shouldn't be disappointed I hope.
    I refer the learned member to my previous post on the matter.

I think after watching it I feel, nothing much.

I know even less about any Captain America content than the very tangential stuff I knew about Wanda so things that should be bigger probably are passing me by.

The quieter stuff works more for me than the big action scenes like with Wandavision but that stuff also feels uneven in terms of dialogue, character motivations.

spoilers:
    Cool to see Batroc again though. Also something about this is reminding me of The Boys although I didn't see season 2.
    end of spoilers
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The Boys Season 2 was really fun. Better than season 1 for my money, they really stepped up their game a lot and went in some interesting directions.

And both are better than the comics.

Then again, I would class being set on fire as a better experience than reading The Boys the comic so maybe I'm not the best metric of objective quality here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The Boys Season 2 was really fun. Better than season 1 for my money, they really stepped up their game a lot and went in some interesting directions.

And both are better than the comics.

Then again, I would class being set on fire as a better experience than reading The Boys the comic so maybe I'm not the best metric of objective quality here.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It's funny that I'm more accustomed to DevilArtemis' portrayal and voicework for Cell than TFS's now.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

still, one of the hypest moments in any anime i've watched.

and i didn't believe it was possible until someone showed me a GT doing this during la mans.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    still, one of the hypest moments in any anime i've watched.

and i didn't believe it was possible until someone showed me a GT doing this during la mans.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

"Good news, Mister Cell, I know a certain Hotel that can help expedite your atonement process in relative comfort...but it'll cost you."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

They laughed, they cried, they killed monsters: How friendships thrived in video games during the pandemic

For someone who is hours away from his family, living alone on a college campus without in-person classes, and who infrequently sees a friend in the flesh, Hugh-Jay Yu has an impressively active social life.

Every night between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m., the 19-year old college sophomore in Evanston, Ill., hangs out with a group of friends on the chat and audio app Discord. There are 130 people in the group total, but usually around six to eight are logged in at any given time. Using a combination of audio channels and text chats, they play video games, have movie nights, share inside jokes, vent and laugh. The crew, which grew from people Yu met in college and others he knew in high school, now spans time zones and friend groups. He credits the games they play, from fighting in Super Smash Bros. to showing off geography knowledge in “GeoGuessr,” with helping everyone bond.

“This phenomenon of my friends meeting my other friends and becoming this close wouldn’t have happened, but for the thing ruining the rest of my life,” said Yu.
    People who played more video games online also reported higher levels of stress, though Pennington said they didn’t specify what games were being played or if they were doing it in combination with other communication tools.

Video games have long been social, even when it was just people playing side-by-side on the same sofa. A 2017 Washington Post-University of Massachusetts Lowell poll found that while 80 percent of people said they played video games purely for entertainment and fun, more than half said it was a way of enjoying time with their friends. The addition of apps like Discord, which started as a place for gamers to gather and communicate better while playing, makes socializing even easier.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it's stuff like this that makes me happy to be alive.

and how one of my friends could have such hatred for max makes me feel sad inside.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Cordovin makes so much more sense now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator