Bullet Catching!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

looks like i won't be getting a stim check.

sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    looks like i won't be getting a stim check.

sigh.
    Why? You make too much?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Why? You make too much?
    nope. i make nothing. probably because i make so little with odd jobs and all that i can't file taxes. mom is trying to boost my spirits but considering my folks will be getting their money next week, my prospects for a stim are slim to none.

nope. i make nothing. probably because i make so little with odd jobs and all that i can't file taxes. mom is trying to boost my spirits but considering my folks will be getting their money next week, my prospects for a stim are slim to none.
    You have until May to file income taxes. Do it online for free and add bank account information for direct deposit. Do it ASAP and then you can get the stimulus check. You can file even if you have nothing to report. All the IRS needs is your information to know where to send the money to.

If you didn't get a stimulus check last time around, the online filing service takes that into account, and not only will you get a Stim check, you might even get extra over that.

I just finished filing my taxes online.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You have until May to file income taxes. Do it online for free and add bank account information for direct deposit. Do it ASAP and then you can get the stimulus check. You can file even if you have nothing to report. All the IRS needs is your information to know where to send the money to.

If you didn't get a stimulus check last time around, the online filing service takes that into account, and not only will you get a Stim check, you might even get extra over that.

I just finished filing my taxes online.
    forgot to mention that i am a dependant.

i did get a royalty payment for my book.

for $0.00

forgot to mention that i am a dependant.

i did get a royalty payment for my book.

for $0.00
    Then the person you are dependant to is the one who gets the stimulus check, as long as they file an income tax.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Then the person you are dependant to is the one who gets the stimulus check, as long as they file an income tax.
    that's what i heard.

just hope my laptop can hold out until then.

So, I’m a little over halfway through Snyder-cut JL (I’m watching it in instalments), and I’m a little confused, so I have a question.

This may also have been an issue with Josstice League as well, but I wouldn’t know because I’m not gonna force myself to sit through that hot mess.

It may also be a plot point that’s been heavily discussed and resolved, so if that’s the case, I’m sorry,

spoilers:
    OK, so Darkseid came to Earth before thousands of years ago, found the ALE, then left his three mother boxes after Ares stuck an axe in him. I get that so far.

But... he, and every one of his forces, then somehow just all forgot the ALE was on Earth. But they didn’t forget the mother boxes, because that’s what Steppenwolf came for.

And it can’t be that Darkseid knew the ALE was on Earth but just couldn’t remember how to find Earth because he somehow needed the mother boxes to do so, because Steppenwolf found Earth just fine and came here looking for the aforementioned boxes.

Did the ALE just slip Darkseid’s mind? Y’know... “Blah blah most powerful weapon in the universe, oh, look Granny Goodness is making balloon animals! I want one! So, err... what was I talking about?”

I don’t get it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

that's what i heard.

just hope my laptop can hold out until then.
    Good luck man. I really hope things go through for ya.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So, I’m a little over halfway through Snyder-cut JL (I’m watching it in instalments), and I’m a little confused, so I have a question.

This may also have been an issue with Josstice League as well, but I wouldn’t know because I’m not gonna force myself to sit through that hot mess.

It may also be a plot point that’s been heavily discussed and resolved, so if that’s the case, I’m sorry,

spoilers:
    OK, so Darkseid came to Earth before thousands of years ago, found the ALE, then left his three mother boxes after Ares stuck an axe in him. I get that so far.

But... he, and every one of his forces, then somehow just all forgot the ALE was on Earth. But they didn’t forget the mother boxes, because that’s what Steppenwolf came for.

And it can’t be that Darkseid knew the ALE was on Earth but just couldn’t remember how to find Earth because he somehow needed the mother boxes to do so, because Steppenwolf found Earth just fine and came here looking for the aforementioned boxes.

Did the ALE just slip Darkseid’s mind? Y’know... “Blah blah most powerful weapon in the universe, oh, look Granny Goodness is making balloon animals! I want one! So, err... what was I talking about?”

I don’t get it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

IIRC, Darkseid's conquests were looking for the Anti-Life Equation, but he didn't actually find it on Earth. It was just the next spot on his trip. Steppenwolf actually found it on the planet.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

IIRC, Darkseid's conquests were looking for the Anti-Life Equation, but he didn't actually find it on Earth. It was just the next spot on his trip. Steppenwolf actually found it on the planet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But in the flashback sequence, the moment he lands, Darkseid smashes his weapon into the ground and reveals the equation. At least I assume that’s the equation. I mean I’m sure it’s the same thing Steppenwolf discovers then reports back to Desaad.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    spoilers:
    But in the flashback sequence, the moment he lands, Darkseid smashes his weapon into the ground and reveals the equation. At least I assume that’s the equation. I mean I’m sure it’s the same thing Steppenwolf discovers then reports back to Desaad.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I think what Darkseid was doing was testing for the equation, which is why the effect looked the same as when Steppenwolf did it later. Darkseid just didn't find it that time because it wasn't in that location
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

I think what Darkseid was doing was testing for the equation, which is why the effect looked the same as when Steppenwolf did it later. Darkseid just didn't find it that time because it wasn't in that location
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don’t know if that’s legitimately their intent or speculation on your part, but either way it really wasn’t clear.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: spoilers:
    I understand why he's doing it but... IZUKU MIDORIYA YOU GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND HAVE CUTE HI-JINKS WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND, FRIENDS AND BAKUGO!!! ...you need it.
    end of spoilers

SPY X FAMILY: Cute cat chase indirectly leads to the plot development and focus I've been wanting for ages now. This is gonna be good.

PHANTOM SEER: We get some backstory expanding on Iori's motivations with some properly epic and unnerving imagery. Next up, hell is going to break loose... almost literally.