The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I mean if you want a crime boss who trades in mystic stuff, you’d have thought The Hood or one of the Hand bosses would be more logical, but whatevs.
    I'll grant you that. Will say that it IS fun to see a villain move outside of their norm and still be competent.

There's a Dr. Strange storyline involving Mordo (again) that also has Kingpin in it, which is fun.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I really wanted to enjoy Batuque. Art is great, some of the fighting stuff is really interesting, etc.

Sadly, it's as if it's written/drawn by someone who has been smoking dope while popping magic mushrooms.

Maybe that's just me.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That’s actually probably more accurate.

The last half-hour in particular is a freaking mess.

spoilers:
    1. The CGI for Darkseid and Apokolips was awful. I’ve seen better cut-scenes in on video games 20 years ago.
    2. Why give the heroes their respective celebratory moments at the end then have a long series of further scenes (at least four) showing why it’s not over? One dramatic turn is all that’s needed, and you need to make it feel like that triumphant stuff could have been the end of the movie - it was clear that it was nowhere near the end. It was just a series of “And another thing,...”
    3. I’m glad that J’onn was involved, but they couldn’t have made him any more lame if they tried. Firstly, despite our knowing he was working in the background (from the Lois stuff), and despite when he talks to Bruce he clearly understands the scale of the threat, he doesn’t get directly involved in... y’know, saving the planet and stuff. Secondly, that is definitively NOT the way to introduce a new hero into a team - you have them arrive and save the day in a clutch moment, not show up when the fight’s long over and introduce yourself to the team leader in a really dorky “I’d be very keen to join up with you and work together, so... err... let’s do lunch” kind of way. That’s about as undramatic as it’s possible to be.
    4. Why go the effort of introducing the ominous threat of Deathstroke working together with Luthor, then IMMEDIATELY (i.e. the very next scene, the wasteland stuff) dilute that threat by making it clear that if everything’s REALLY fucked, “Ah, Deathstroke’s not too bad - he’ll work perfectly well alongside Bruce and Vic.” That stuff on the boat is now completely neutered.
    5. You really look like you’ve run out of ideas and are diluting the ones you’ve already used when, after a film in which there was a significant amount of time allocated to a scene of an angry, confused Superman attacking the rest of the heroes, your big finish setting up future stuff is a dream sequence in which... an angry Superman attacks the rest of the heroes. What would have been the tag-line for the sequel? “Justice League 2: This time he’s not confused anymore. But still angry.”?
    end of spoilers
    So, yeah. A mess.
    Yep.

My brother and I pretty much thought the same.

spoilers:
    And not only that but certain scenes are missing and if you hadn’t watched JL you wouldn’t understand certain context and moments either.

As an example, Bruce mentions the dream of future Flash but it’s never shown and it just seems so random e he mentions it.
    end of spoilers
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Batwoman

spoilers:

Kate's alive, has been recast and was actually being held prisoner by Black Mask all this time instead of on the island.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Yep.

My brother and I pretty much thought the same.

spoilers:
    And not only that but certain scenes are missing and if you hadn’t watched JL you wouldn’t understand certain context and moments either.

As an example, Bruce mentions the dream of future Flash but it’s never shown and it just seems so random e he mentions it.
    end of spoilers
    Hah. I just thought I’d missed something.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I really wanted to enjoy Batuque. Art is great, some of the fighting stuff is really interesting, etc.

Sadly, it's as if it's written/drawn by someone who has been smoking dope while popping magic mushrooms.

Maybe that's just me.
    I like the artwork, I quite liked the tone from the outset but when the plot actually got going, such as it was, I completely fell off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I like the artwork, I quite liked the tone from the outset but when the plot actually got going, such as it was, I completely fell off it.
    That's exactly what I'm getting at. Art looks great, tone is fun, then the story...doesn't feel like it has any punch. It's all really kind of vague and meh, if that makes any sense.
    Why are we here?

Hah. I just thought I’d missed something.
    Nope, the scene isn’t there.

There are several others missing too, spoilers:
    like Batman fighting a Parademon in Gotham and thus knowing the enemy is here now, instead of just taking crazy Luther at his word that a threat was incoming
    end of spoilers.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Nope, the scene isn’t there.

There are several others missing too, spoilers:
    like Batman fighting a Parademon in Gotham and thus knowing the enemy is here now, instead of just taking crazy Luther at his word that a threat was incoming
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    bruce was referring to the nightmare scene he had in BVS. didn't really see the need to show it again. also, that parademon scene wouldn't really make sense to me to keep in since we start the movie with bruce trying to get aquaman to join him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

That certainly adds to it, though I needed to look up the Kaminoans. I'm pretty far from being a Warsie.

In other news, Dr. Strange is apparently spoilers:
    sleeping with Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).
    end of spoilers Now, I'm not going to go on about whether this is a good thing or a bad thing - whatever, they've already nuked Stephen's love-life into the grave by systematically destroying all of his relationships, and he did have two or three good ones over the years. Whatever.

But the writers...ugh, look, do the freaking research. Don't have Dr. Strange show up in a bar talking about how something bad happened so he really needs a drink, and then has one.

The guy is a freaking alcoholic, it's part of his backstory. He doesn't touch the stuff now.

Would be like Tony Stark doing the same thing.
    I mean, Carol was also an alcoholic

The irony is that spoilers:
    Strange realizes this and deals with that problem by changing the drink she's considering into soda water.
    end of spoilers

Writers, do your research!
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    spoilers:
    bruce was referring to the nightmare scene he had in BVS. didn't really see the need to show it again. also, that parademon scene wouldn't really make sense to me to keep in since we start the movie with bruce trying to get aquaman to join him.
    end of spoilers
    Wa he? Could have sworn that nightmare was in JL not BvS.

Apologies. My mistake.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Wa he? Could have sworn that nightmare was in JL not BvS.

Apologies. My mistake.
    it's cool. that parademon scene was probably one of the many whedon shot for his JL. it's pretty easy to tell which scenes were zack's and which were joss'.

Also, I have just lived through an internet meme.

Office 365 meeting regarding information we (research group spokespeople) need to verify for the plans for a new building, with a specific timeline.

[Sharp] *mutters* This is going to be a ****ing mess.

*meeting goes silent, one person laughs*

[Sharp] My mic was on, wasn't it? *checks* Of course.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Also, I have just lived through an internet meme.

Office 365 meeting regarding information we (research group spokespeople) need to verify for the plans for a new building, with a specific timeline.

[Sharp] *mutters* This is going to be a ****ing mess.

*meeting goes silent, one person laughs*

[Sharp] My mic was on, wasn't it? *checks* Of course.
    Rookie error T haha