nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, this is what it would look like if Keisuke Itagaki (Baki the Grappler) drew One Piece. It is certainly... something.

chopper is looking..........quite buff.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I admit, Little Garden still surprisingly holds up well as one of my favorite One Piece arcs because despite the length it was fun.

Especially Zoro in the humor department. From willing to cut off his own legs and fight, to actually cutting his legs, to making a pose in the case he does die becoming a wax statue, and all that...He still defeats one of the arc's villains while on fire.

...God that arc was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Kohei Horikoshi announced that MHA chapter 307 is going to mark the beginning of the final phase of the manga.
    To be frank, I'm glad. The power curve rather exploded all at once to the point where I'm left wondering where we go from here, and who exactly is even useful heading toward the final confrontation of OFA and AFO.

Before things wrap up though, I'm hoping Stain gets a moment to make his edgy return and Mirko gets to do something else.

Or perhaps Horikoshi might give me something else, the superhero team up of Wash and Bubble Girl.

So, Kohei Horikoshi announced that MHA chapter 307 is going to mark the beginning of the final phase of the manga.
    So Izuku's gonna master the new form of One For All at record times (well, minus All Might who mastered it instantly)? Because otherwise how is he supposed to handle everything being set up against him...

Unless he dies in the final battle (while taking down AFO), and becomes the "greatest hero" for his selfless sacrifice and laying down his life to end AFO once and for all.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So Izuku's gonna master the new form of One For All at record times (well, minus All Might who mastered it instantly)? Because otherwise how is he supposed to handle everything being set up against him...

Unless he dies in the final battle (while taking down AFO), and becomes the "greatest hero" for his selfless sacrifice and laying down his life to end AFO once and for all.
    I doubt it'll go that fast. It's the Final Act, not the final arc, and we all know that final acts are typically among the longest sagas in an manga. The biggest question is: Will Mineta stop being a perverted piece of **** and actually grow into a respectable human being/hero?
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-22-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I doubt it'll go that fast. It's the Final Act, not the final arc, and we all know that final acts are typically among the longest sagas in an manga. The biggest question is: Will Mineta stop being a perverted piece of **** and actually grow into a respectable human being/hero?
    Hahaha, no. Mineta is just a one-note joke, and that joke is "being a perverted piece of ****". Why he never shows up in the really serious arcs, and when he did show up in the USJ arc, he was just a cowardly perverted piece of **** who had to be forced to do anything and molested Tsuyu.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

next week looks like Lex Luthor gets to become 0-2 in Death Battles
    The week after next week rather, they usuall release the previews for the fighters one week and then go into the battle the week after.

As for this one. I'm glad they gave Ryuko proper respect and the sprite work was really well done. But the outcome was pretty predictable and I still don't really care for the match up in general, Ryuko isn't an edgelord. She's a very angry individual, but not an edgelord, especially not on par with Shadow's legendary edginess.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    lex: finally! it's time for lex luthor to return to death battle and claim victory!

(sees who he has to fight)

lex: OH COME ON! WHO BOOKS THESE FIGHTS?!
    Victor: So it is time yet again for Doom to grace the paltry halls of Death Battle. Hopefully the foolish hosts have arranged a more worthy foe so that Doom may truly show his proper might.

*sees his opponent*

Victor: Really? That's it? I might as well just send a Doom-bot to get the job done. A fool such as Luthor is beneath Doom's notice.

Lex: We're in the same room Victor, I can hear you.

Victor: Beneath Doom's notice.
    I doubt it'll go that fast. It's the Final Act, not the final arc, and we all know that final acts are typically among the longest sagas in an manga.
    Yeah, Horikoshi has set up a lot of things he needs to go through before we jump into the final epilogue chapter. So the series will be here for a while me thinks.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So many beautiful and faithful renders of highly detailed shoes.
    It's a capoeira manga; we should expect shoes.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Currently reading No Guns Life.

Interesting? Unsure.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I got vaccinated last Thursday - so now I have the superpower of not risking my life if I catch covid. I want a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I got vaccinated last Thursday - so now I have the superpower of not risking my life if I catch covid. I want a movie.
    Noooo! You can still spread it!

But congratulations, that's great. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The week after next week rather, they usuall release the previews for the fighters one week and then go into the battle the week after.

As for this one. I'm glad they gave Ryuko proper respect and the sprite work was really well done. But the outcome was pretty predictable and I still don't really care for the match up in general, Ryuko isn't an edgelord. She's a very angry individual, but not an edgelord, especially not on par with Shadow's legendary edginess.
    This season they're releasing the episodes weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This season they're releasing the episodes weekly
    Bi-weekly. They release an episode one week, then the next week they do the previews for the episode released the week after that.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Currently reading No Guns Life.

Interesting? Unsure.
    I read a bit of that a couple of years ago. I liked the art and the concept was fun but I fell off it for one reason or another.

I literally though about going back to it just the other day as it happens.