Beverly Cleary died at the age of 104.

Her work was kinda like, the pivot point of elementary school literature, moving from pictures to chapters. Dunno if that's still the case, but if it is, that's a long generational reach. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    One Piece:

spoilers:
    It seems that the Oden was a fake and Kanjuro wasn't really dead, and plans to kill Momonosuke. Also, it looks like Orochi is alive too, with plans to burn down the castle. Also, the fight between the members of the Worst Generation and Kaido/Big Mom isn't going well for the Worst Generation.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia:

spoilers:
    Bad News: Store Brand Gura Gura no Mi Boy (Yo Shindo) and Useless Quirk Girl (Nakagame Tatami) fail to get people to leave a battleground. Worse News: Muscular is there and wants to fight. But there's Good News for them! Izuku is there and ready to have a rematch against Muscular.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Invincible is on Amazon Prime and it is great!
    The voice cast is INSANE.

For example:

Stephen Yeun
    J.K. Simmons
    Sandra Oh
    Zachary Quinto
    Mark Hamill
    Clancy Brown
    Mahershala Ali
    Seth Rogen
    Jon Hamm
    Ezra Miller
    Djimon Hounsou
    Lennie James
    Khary Payton
    Ross Marquand
    Chad Coleman
    Michael Cudlitz
    Sonequa Martin-Green
    Lauren Cohan

(So a good chunk of the Walking Dead cast plus a lot of more famous people.)

That is ridiculous.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

RWBY

spoilers:

RIP Penny Polendina
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

RWBY

spoilers:

RIP Penny Polendina
    end of spoilers
    *facepalms* Seriously? Seriously? Y'know what? **** it. (signals for nuclear bombardment on the City of R'lyeh)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

RWBY

spoilers:

RIP Penny Polendina
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is she for real dead this time? Because they've pulled this **** before, "killed" her and then just had her show up like nothing happened a season or so later.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

spoilers:
    Is she for real dead this time? Because they've pulled this **** before, "killed" her and then just had her show up like nothing happened a season or so later.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Unless they have another robot copy laying around, yes. She is mortally wounded during the Cinder Boss Fight and then Jaune has to Mercy Kill her to prevent Cinder from getting the Maiden Powers, which instead transfer off to Winter.

So unless they have another robot copy? Then she's likely dead for real this time.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

spoilers:

Unless they have another robot copy laying around, yes. She is mortally wounded during the Cinder Boss Fight and then Jaune has to Mercy Kill her to prevent Cinder from getting the Maiden Powers, which instead transfer off to Winter.

So unless they have another robot copy? Then she's likely dead for real this time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think the thing was they had her constantly updating memory on a computer elsewhere, and they just upload it into a new body should the current body die. And if they don't have a body at the ready, then she just sits in the computer and waits until they build a new body for her.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

spoilers:
    I think the thing was they had her constantly updating memory on a computer elsewhere, and they just upload it into a new body should the current body die. And if they don't have a body at the ready, then she just sits in the computer and waits until they build a new body for her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

See, now, that might work but Atlas and Mantle are gone now too.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Oh, and, uh, we uh...

spoilers:

Lets just say we got confirmation that she isn't a robot anymore.

Penny was a real girl this time.

end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *facepalms* Seriously? Seriously? Y'know what? **** it. (signals for nuclear bombardment on the City of R'lyeh)
    I believe the words you're looking for are!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And it looks like RWBY is going "Beyond the Looking Glass" with them ending up in another world. I won't lie, this season finale wasn't bad. I was hoping that karma would bite Cinder in the ass and that she'd finally be killed off for good (and it still might happen when Salem finds out she wasted the final question), but I did enjoy seeing Watts finally get what was coming to him. Jaune killing Penny was...damn. I'll give Roosterteeth this: In spite of all of my complaints towards the writing, they do know how to depict emotional scenes well. God only knows how Ruby will react to her best (male) friend murdering her other best friend, even as a Mercy Kill (hopefully, better than the look of Dull Surprise she gave over her sister falling to her potential (if unlikely) death; seriously, Ruby, what the hell is with you and your attitude towards your family lately?). And yay for the dire consequences! Mantle and Atlas are gone and the refugees and citizens in Vacuo are as good as fucked. Seriously, what the HELL were they thinking by transporting them to VACUO, literally the most dangerous region in all of Remnant?! Because they had "ace hunters"? Gah.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-27-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

spoilers:
    And it looks like RWBY is going "Beyond the Looking Glass" with them ending up in another world. I won't lie, this season finale wasn't bad. I was hoping that karma would bite Cinder in the ass and that she'd finally be killed off for good (and it still might happen when Salem finds out she wasted the final question), but I did enjoy seeing Watts finally get what was coming to him. Jaune killing Penny was...damn. I'll give Roosterteeth this: In spite of all of my complaints towards the writing, they do know how to depict emotional scenes well. God only knows how Ruby will react (hopefully, better than the look of Dull Surprise she gave over the potential death of her sister; seriously, Ruby, what the hell is with you and your attitude towards your family lately?). And yay for the dire consequences! Mantle and Atlas are gone and the refugees and citizens in Vacuo are as good as fucked. Seriously, what the HELL were they thinking by transporting them to VACUO, literally the most dangerous region in all of Remnant?! Because they had "ace hunters"? Gah.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Yeah, they really should've specified where they were going in Vacuo first.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I know some members of the fandom are already looking for foreshadowing that she'll be rezzed again, using the whole dream space scene with her are Winter.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And it looks like RWBY is going "Beyond the Looking Glass" with them ending up in another world. I won't lie, this season finale wasn't bad. I was hoping that karma would bite Cinder in the ass and that she'd finally be killed off for good (and it still might happen when Salem finds out she wasted the final question), but I did enjoy seeing Watts finally get what was coming to him. Jaune killing Penny was...damn. I'll give Roosterteeth this: In spite of all of my complaints towards the writing, they do know how to depict emotional scenes well. God only knows how Ruby will react to her best (male) friend murdering her other best friend, even as a Mercy Kill (hopefully, better than the look of Dull Surprise she gave over her sister falling to her potential (if unlikely) death; seriously, Ruby, what the hell is with you and your attitude towards your family lately?). And yay for the dire consequences! Mantle and Atlas are gone and the refugees and citizens in Vacuo are as good as fucked. Seriously, what the HELL were they thinking by transporting them to VACUO, literally the most dangerous region in all of Remnant?! Because they had "ace hunters"? Gah.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

1. It wouldn't make sense to have Cinder fail during her big "She's back on top" moment. She's been in a slump since Volume 4, this is the volume where she got her mojo back

2. Not everyone reacts to tragedy by screaming. Some people react by dying on the inside

3.Because Vacuo is literally the only Kingdom left with an army to defend all of these people.
    end of spoilers