Extraordinary Member

I have now seen Wonder Woman 1984 and I understand why it disappointed people. A lot of odd and frankly stupid choices in that one. ...I still found it quite fun though.

Also saw the first three episode of Invincible: They're really good, a lot of smart choices and changes were made in terms for this adaptation. I really like that we got to see spoilers:
    the Guardians of the Globe put up a fight against Omni-man before being killed.
    end of spoilers

My one complaint would be that Mark's encounter with spoilers:
    Allen the Alien
    end of spoilers is a bit too brief and might've been better at the end of the episode rather than the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I believe the words you're looking for are!

I mean, the majority of this season was on Volume 5's level of poor decisions in planning out the plot and vain contrivances to characterizations, but the season finale just barely managed to save it IMO. I'm gonna keep my expectations for V9 cautiously low, since I've learned my lesson.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I mean, the majority of this season was on Volume 5's level of poor decisions in planning out the plot and vain contrivances to characterizations, but the season finale just barely managed to save it IMO. I'm gonna keep my expectations for V9 cautiously low, since I've learned my lesson.
    I disagree with basically all of that

Extraordinary Member

Deku the mass-murderer!!! Sounds like somebody's overly edgy fanfiction.

It's obviously not true, but fun to make fun of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

I know some members of the fandom are already looking for foreshadowing that she'll be rezzed again, using the whole dream space scene with her are Winter.
    end of spoilers

The dream sequence seemed to symbolically depict exactly what happens during the process when a Maiden transfers her powers to someone else. Of coure, there was Ozpin's method of overwriting a person's Aura (soul) with another, but that was with a machine. So, no, I doubt she's going to come back.

spoilers:

1. It wouldn't make sense to have Cinder fail during her big "She's back on top" moment. She's been in a slump since Volume 4, this is the volume where she got her mojo back

2. Not everyone reacts to tragedy by screaming. Some people react by dying on the inside

3.Because Vacuo is literally the only Kingdom left with an army to defend all of these people.
    end of spoilers
    1. I fully understand the narrative...and I freely admit that I don't care since I just hate Cinder and want her to die so we can focus more on Salem.

2. As Guy1 pointed out, they seriously should've specified WHERE in Vacuo to transport them to.

3. I didn't expect her to burst out in anger like Blake, but given that Ruby is a very emotional person, I did expect her to emote more than "Oh crap, she fell." And the fact that she doesn't seem that concerned after the fact rightfully bothers me.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I disagree with basically all of that
    And I respectfully disagree with your disagreement, and I'll leave it at that. But I swear to God if they bring back spoilers:
    Pyrrha and Penny
    end of spoilers through AU shenanigans, Cthulhu will suffer for my disappointment.

Eh, I think RWBY is kind of a waste of time to mess with as its already horrible.

Can't blame me for this one, as much as you might want to.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Eh, I think RWBY is kind of a waste of time to mess with as its already horrible.

Can't blame me for this one, as much as you might want to.
    Hey, its writing might be amateur fanfiction but it's more often than not entertaining fanfiction, dammit! And I'll blame you because Eldritch Horrors are at the center of its plot, so you're somehow connected. And even if you're not, I'm petty and bloodthirsty enough to kill you just to make myself feel better! (flies at Cthulhu while swinging his nodachi and wakazashi)

Extraordinary Member

1. I fully understand the narrative...and I freely admit that I don't care since I just hate Cinder and want her to die so we can focus more on Salem.

2. As Guy1 pointed out, they seriously should've specified WHERE in Vacuo to transport them to.

3. I didn't expect her to burst out in anger like Blake, but given that Ruby is a very emotional person, I did expect her to emote more than "Oh crap, she fell." She literally has tears in her eyes as she fights in this episodeAnd the fact that she doesn't seem that concerned after the fact rightfully bothers me.
    Hey, its writing might be amateur fanfiction but it's more often than not entertaining fanfiction, dammit! And I'll blame you because Eldritch Horrors are at the center of its plot, so you're somehow connected. And even if you're not, I'm petty and bloodthirsty enough to kill you just to make myself feel better! (flies at Cthulhu while swinging his nodachi and wakazashi)
    The writing is hardly amateur fanfiction.

It's got coherent themes, excellent foreshadowing, subtle character writing, etc.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

EDIT:I made an oopsie.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-28-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Phantom Seer: spoilers:
    Called it, Iori merged with Ongyoki to harness his power and prevent him from going to berserk. The fusion actually reminds Allen Walker with his Crown Clown, especially with the cape. Senjudoji makes an unexpected appearance, if only to troll Iori again and Iori starts lose control of Ongyoki until Riku steps up and helps regulate the power with her disintegration ability.
    end of spoilers
    This was a good chapter, which makes it all the more disconcerting if Phantom Seer really entering its final phase next week. The optimist in me is hoping that it means it'll transfer over to Jump+ ala Chainsaw Man, but I'm not sure I'll hold my breath for that to happen.

On the plus side, Black Clover is finally getting its first movie. Hopefully, it's good and actually canon to the manga (like Fairy Tail, MHA, and SDD).
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-28-2021 at 03:47 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

that roll player was a beast!

Extraordinary Member

This was a good chapter, which makes it all the more disconcerting if Phantom Seer really entering its final phase next week. The optimist in me is hoping that it means it'll transfer over to Jump+ ala Chainsaw Man, but I'm not sure I'll hold my breath for that to happen.

On the plus side, Black Clover is finally getting its first movie. Hopefully, it's good and actually canon to the manga (like Fairy Tail, MHA, and SDD).
    spoilers:
    I really liked the look and feel of the Iori-Ongoki fusion, it's just a chaotic mess that Iori can kinda direct at his opponents while it threatens to swallow him whole.
    end of spoilers

I heard that it's entering its final phase too. Which would be sad because this series is just really good. Hopefully it at least gets to go out with a bang.

If the Black Clover movie is to be canon they'll have to find a place in the story to squeeze it in. Possibly during the six months of training before the current arc.