Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

a reminder of the awesome hilarity of electabuzz's original cry.
    Yes, we need to regularly remind everyone (and ourselves) of Electabuzz's original cry, which was pretty much someone going "ablulululula" into a microphone.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Yes, we need to regularly remind everyone (and ourselves) of Electabuzz's original cry, which was pretty much someone going "ablulululula" into a microphone.
    in a world where the vast majority of pokemon cries are just them saying their names partly or fully, we have the glory that is electabuzz. it's both stupid and awesome.

in a world where the vast majority of pokemon cries are just them saying their names partly or fully, we have the glory that is electabuzz. it's both stupid and awesome.
    Indeed.

On an unrelated note, I enjoyed a bit of serendipity. I was watching old episodes of Angry Video Game Nerd, and what do you know? He uploads a brand new episode!

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

and it's been revealed that going into the celeb wing of the WWE hall of fame is none other than william shatner.

why?

and it's been revealed that going into the celeb wing of the WWE hall of fame is none other than william shatner.

why?

If I was a WWE wrestler, I'd have Shatner perform my entrance theme.
    - C.S. Lewis

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

why?

Vince: What a drop kick...Put him in the HoF.

Random Worker: Wait, what?

Vince: Do it!!!

Edit: ...Now I kinda wanna hear him sing Ass Man and Biscuits and Gravy...Cause that'll make my day.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 03-30-2021 at 05:28 PM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Edit: ...Now I kinda wanna hear him sing Ass Man and Biscuits and Gravy...Cause that'll make my day.
    He DID Sing a bunch of them, but those weren't one of them.

EDIT: Ninjaed!! That's what I get for not reading the whole page before responding.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So, I've seen Godzilla vs. Kong on HBO Max.

spoilers:
    Godzilla wins their big battle, but then they have to team up to battle MechaGodzilla, which the human villains decided to build with the brain/skull of the remaining Ghidorah head from Godzilla: King of the Monsters. That idea went as well as one would expect, by which I mean that it resulted in Ghidorah with a powerful robotic body and the human masterminds dead. MechaGodzilla is also the reason why Godzilla was seemingly rampaging, as he was just going after Apex, the company building MechaGodzilla as he could (somehow) sense they were using Ghidorah's remains for it.

There's also a subplot involving a Hollow Earth theory (which is basically a second, smaller Earth inside the planet), which is where Kong's species originated from. Also where he got his Godzilla dorsal fin axe, which he found in the Giant Monkey Temple with several others, which can absorb a very powerful special energy. The villains followed Kong to the Hollow Earth in their sci-fi vehicles so they can use to power their MechaGodzilla.

The movie ends with Godzilla the ruler of Earth, and Kong the ruler of Hollow Earth.

Overall, it doesn't take itself seriously, the fights are enjoyable, and is exactly what I expected from a movie that could be summed up as "Giant Lizard vs. Giant Monkey". If you enjoy a ridiculous, over-the-top spectacle movie in the vein of Pacific Rim (and the villains try controlling MechaG by essentially drifting with it), then it's a definite recommended. I know I enjoyed it.
    end of spoilers
    - C.S. Lewis

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm not into breaking, but that's cute. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm not into breaking, but that's cute. ^_^
    Way too cute. When she grows up she should make a career of making people laugh. It might put old-time Jackie Chan to shame.

edit: Showed it to my husband, and he said she should be fighting Shippo.

edit: What he actually meant was that she reminded him of Shippo's girlfriend.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-31-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

cmsh192-2.jpg

the narrator of my book series. the mythical creature to mythical creatures. the tall tale that vampires and lycans tell. the being known as the stranger!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

cmsh192-2.jpg

the narrator of my book series. the mythical creature to mythical creatures. the tall tale that vampires and lycans tell. the being known as the stranger!
    Oh, very nice.

How's the writing scene these days?