Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Good question.

They have to be able to rock the hair.
    Ah yes. That epic widow’s peak.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    There’s gonna be a Doc Savage tv series. I wonder who will play him?
    Source?

Also, when did this news come out? You know what day it is

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, okay until right now. An hour ago my work informed me I’ve been exposed, so I’m at a testing centre. Third time in a year. *sighs*
    If you have to isolate, I recommend the series Warrior on HBO while you kill time.

I wonder if this would be a good death battle? Adol Christin vs. Link.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    If you have to isolate, I recommend the series Warrior on HBO while you kill time.
    Will look it up. Don’t have HBO, but am curious.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I hope there's more Monsterverse movies cause it feels like they finally figured it out this time, none of the first movie's barely any actual Godzilla in it and far FAR less of the bad acting and too much screen time of the humans from King of the Monsters(and honestly some of them were actually okay cause they didn't have enough time to get bored of them).
    spoilers:
    and while there were a lot of the story beats everyone knew there'd be, they did NOT shy away from having a clear winner before the team up. Yeah no ambiguity whatsoever who was top dog this time around, Godzilla was genuinely intimidating when he started going after Kong on all fours
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I hope there's more Monsterverse movies cause it feels like they finally figured it out this time, none of the first movie's barely any actual Godzilla in it and far FAR less of the bad acting and too much screen time of the humans from King of the Monsters(and honestly some of them were actually okay cause they didn't have enough time to get bored of them).
    spoilers:
    and while there were a lot of the story beats everyone knew there'd be, they did NOT shy away from having a clear winner before the team up. Yeah no ambiguity whatsoever who was top dog this time around, Godzilla was genuinely intimidating when he started going after Kong on all fours
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, I didn't feel like there was too much of the humans in King of the Monsters. I felt they gave the monsters their time to shine while also having the obligatory humans running around doing human things.

spoilers:
    But yeah. Pretty much Kong only got as many hits as he did because Godzilla wasn't giving him his full attention, more focused on what Apex was doing with Ghidorah. When Kong got his full attention at the end of the fight, Godzilla quickly and utterly beat his ass. Something I felt could have been better was MechaGodzilla. I'd have had Ren Serizawa pilot the robot for a bit, fight Godzilla somewhat evenly while in control... and THEN have him get electrocuted, at which point Ghidorah takes control and beats Godzilla down. The rest of the fight can continue as it did.

Something else is, I'm wondering where the Ape Temple in the Hollow Earth came from. Did the ancient humans somehow build it for the giant apes, or did the giant apes build it themselves? If they did, did they carve the intricate charging station for their dorsal fin axes? What I'm asking is... Is it like this, but with giant apes:
    end of spoilers

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    But yeah. Pretty much Kong only got as many hits as he did because Godzilla wasn't giving him his full attention, more focused on what Apex was doing with Ghidorah. When Kong got his full attention at the end of the fight, Godzilla quickly and utterly beat his ass. Something I felt could have been better was MechaGodzilla. I'd have had Ren Serizawa pilot the robot for a bit, fight Godzilla somewhat evenly while in control... and THEN have him get electrocuted, at which point Ghidorah takes control and beats Godzilla down. The rest of the fight can continue as it did.

Something else is, I'm wondering where the Ape Temple in the Hollow Earth came from. Did the ancient humans somehow build it for the giant apes, or did the giant apes build it themselves? If they did, did they carve the intricate charging station for their dorsal fin axes? What I'm asking is... Is it like this, but with giant apes:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    They didn't answer it but I'm 100% on the idea that the giant apes were basically Giant Fantasy Dwarves/Warhammer 40k Krork in this setting and made all this themselves. There's no way humans did this in my mind.
    end of spoilers
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I actually ponied up and went to the theater to see this, saw it in AMC's Dolby Cinema theater(Dual 4K laser projectors, better sound, and the leather recliners, prefer it to IMAX by a MILE), very satisfied with that decision

CW Powerpuff Girls will be brining us Mojo Jojo's Son: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/pow...mpression=true
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

CW Powerpuff Girls will be brining us Mojo Jojo's Son: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/pow...mpression=true
    And playing the part of Proffessor Utonium will be Turk from Scrubs

Oh right, I completely forgot that this was a thing....
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Damn, Helstrom went REALLY dark this week.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Good One Piece chapter this week.

I am a big fan of "team of weaker dudes try to take out one big powerful dude using strategy and teamwork rather than raw power in a real high stakes showdown," as a gimmick and the current major confrontation is delivering that.

I'm also halfway through Dressrosa in my reread. It might... just about be the strongest arc in the series? Maybe? I feel like it's that, the Impel Down/Paramount War arc or Water 7/Ennies Lobby but it's very close between them.

Exceptional writing. Man, I'm like 750 chapters into the reread and it has flown by.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Daniel Brühl is too perfect as Zemo. Also, spoilers:
    anyone else get any uncomfortable vibes when Zemo offered up Bucky to Selby for more info?
    end of spoilers
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!