Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I feel they're trying wayyy too hard here.

Let’s be honest. They’ve been trying too hard since the inception of the first movie, as fun as it was.

We’re talking about a franchise based on aliens stealing the basketball talents of all-star players, who can only be defeated (and the world saved) by Bugs, Daffy, Porky etc teaming up with Michael Jordan to beat the aliens in a basketball match for the fate of everything.

The shark wasn’t so much jumped as buried six feet under; the moment they uttered the first sentence of the concept; for everyone involved to believe they could fly over.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

First Shin Godzilla, then Shin Ultraman, now Anno goes for Shin Kamen Rider.

Good for him

I'm watching the DOTA anime, it's good so far.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I feel they're trying wayyy too hard here.

Warner Bros really wants you to know just how many IP they have in their stable.

Space Jam 1 was ass, this looks like more coperatised ass.

Hard pass from me!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Very cool! Nice video.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    First Shin Godzilla, then Shin Ultraman, now Anno goes for Shin Kamen Rider.

Good for him

Sweeet.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean confirmed for anime, let's fucking go, happy motherfucking Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Let’s be honest. They’ve been trying too hard since the inception of the first movie, as fun as it was.

We’re talking about a franchise based on aliens stealing the basketball talents of all-star players, who can only be defeated (and the world saved) by Bugs, Daffy, Porky etc teaming up with Michael Jordan to beat the aliens in a basketball match for the fate of everything.

The shark wasn’t so much jumped as buried six feet under; the moment they uttered the first sentence of the concept; for everyone involved to believe they could fly over.
    I think that's the problem. They're trying to force it to be a franchise when it's a time capsule of mid-90s excesses and the weird celebrity mythmaking at the time. Like Jordan himself was a semi-mythic figure to the point where Space Jam retconned parts of his life. Like the impetus for his exodus from minor league baseball was Bugs Bunny reminding him of his true calling.

(No gambling debts here, no sir >_>)

It's also a little odd that there's no other NBA stars, but I suppose like hell King James would share the screen with Steph Curry lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Warner Bros really wants you to know just how many IP they have in their stable.

Space Jam 1 was ass, this looks like more coperatised ass.

Hard pass from me!
    If nothing else, the aesthetic of 90s Basketball was just hype enough to switch off your brain at the absurdity of the premise. It's not a sound reason, but there's was a different vibe in the zeitgeist of the era.

This one, well, I like how one of the first MEDIA BRAND WORLDS Lebron flies past...is Westeros. It's also been going around that they specifically took out Pepe LePew for moral grandstanding, then the trailer zooms in on Alex DeLarge and Mad Max Warboys. So this movie is clearly made for Gen Y as some strange corporatized epic filled with branding from all your favourites available on HBO Max.

It's hilarious to me how it's absolutely true to the premise for the creation of the first movie while somehow missing the mark - that it should be a kid's movie - completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean confirmed for anime, let's fucking go, happy motherfucking Easter!
    Oh, for real? Nice!

IT'S HAPPENING.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It's also been going around that they specifically took out Pepe LePew for moral grandstanding, then the trailer zooms in on Alex DeLarge and Mad Max Warboys.
    I noticed that too. Absolutely bizarre.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It's hilarious to me how it's absolutely true to the premise for the creation of the first movie while somehow missing the mark - that it should be a kid's movie - completely.
    Something something targeting kids something R Kelly something.