The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nik, listening to your review. So far so good... ^_^ Big Monkey, Rad Soundtrack.
    ….this continues to entertain - wifi at the center of the earth.

I think that's vague and silly enough to NOT actually be a spoiler.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it!
    I'm about halfway through, during the discussion of the 'pocket-watch guy'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That's a little...who wrote that? O_o Was it parody? Please tell me it was parody. Or stated by a powerful idiot.
    Nope. Not parody. Not spoken by an idiot. These words came out of the mouth of Atom Eve in the animated Invincible series.

I wept just a little for humanity’s soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nope. Not parody. Not spoken by an idiot. These words came out of the mouth of Atom Eve in the animated Invincible series.

That's not great. It's almost up there with freezing laser beams into solid objects.

…..

It's almost worse because it actually has what's incorrect in the actual phrasing.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

To be fair, Eve is 17, highly emotional in the scene in question and was trying to make argument for why she shouldn't have to finish high school.

My (perhaps charitable) interpretation is that her getting it the wrong way round was deliberately written as such to make a point; she doesn't understand her own powers and is perhaps mistaken in how self-assured she is. She's messing with the atomic structures of objects but doesn't know what she's actually doing or the ramifications of that.

This becomes quite relevant in the comics when spoilers:
    her powers are impacted by her pregnancy and she starts to lose control of the specifics of her powers and endangers both herself and her unborn child by using them.
    end of spoilers

To be fair, Eve is 17, highly emotional in the scene in question and was trying to make argument for why she shouldn't have to finish high school.

My (perhaps charitable) interpretation is that her getting it the wrong way round was deliberately written as such to make a point; she doesn't understand her own powers and is perhaps mistaken in how self-assured she is. She's messing with the atomic structures of objects but doesn't know what she's actually doing or the ramifications of that.
    If that's the case, it makes perfect sense.
    Why are we here?

Yea as far as it goes, Invincible is well written. It's not a "let's just slam a bunch of science **** together to see what sticks" type of affair.

Show seems to be keeping that trend going.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

This becomes quite relevant in the comics when spoilers:
    her powers are impacted by her pregnancy and she starts to lose control of the specifics of her powers and endangers both herself and her unborn child by using them.
    end of spoilers
    I’m finding the show generally really well written, but if that sort of error is intended, it really ought to be obvious that it was intended, and I don’t think that was the case (that it was obvious).

It’s not a biggie in the scheme of things and doesn’t undermine everything else that the show is getting right, but errors that aren’t overtly intentional will be viewed as just... well, errors, I suppose.

Extraordinary Member

I am officially a year older today. AKA it's my birthday

I’m finding the show generally really well written, but if that sort of error is intended, it really ought to be obvious that it was intended, and I don’t think that was the case (that it was obvious).

It’s not a biggie in the scheme of things and doesn’t undermine everything else that the show is getting right, but errors that aren’t overtly intentional will be viewed as just... well, errors, I suppose.
    was the line in the comic run? Or something similar anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Happy birthday, dude. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Happy Birthday!

Extraordinary Member

Grattis på födelsedagen.