Fantastic Member

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone
    If you want to talk about it in more depth to try and crack whatever but you have there, hit me up on PM my guy.

I'm a very solid editor with a solid track record to my name.

Door is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    If you want to talk about it in more depth to try and crack whatever but you have there, hit me up on PM my guy.

I'm a very solid editor with a solid track record to my name.

Door is open.
    Appreciate it. I may at a later date, currently my issue is more getting in the proper headspace.

One of those situations where you'd know what you'd like to make but the output on many fronts simply isn't working, bit of a cycle of frustration.

Shunsuke Kikuchi, this guy was the composer of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Tiger Mask, Kamen Rider, Getta Robot, and etc. He also did music tracks for Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

So, it's the same issue as Mighty no.9: Wanting to fit a dozen different ideas into the gameplay. If this game had at least two more years of development and he streamlined his ideas, it would've been a pretty good game.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-28-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

So, it's the same issue as Mighty no.9: Wanting to fit a dozen different ideas into the gameplay. If this game had at least two more years of development and he streamlined his ideas, it would've been a pretty good game.
    At least it didn't have an ad that insulted potential buyers like Mighty no.9, and at least 2 decades earlier, Daikatana.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

there was a kernal of a good game in this. as i told my friend, if the game was cheaper, from a indie developer and a first time director, i could cut it a lot of slack. but nope.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and apparently, in "record of ragnarok", buddha has observation haki. :P

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

some notes
    1. The Shiva and Richard Dragon examples are the same fighter. The people she(?) worked for paid off Shiva to ignore the tournament. She then says that she "Only" had to beat Richard Dragon. Which was probably the Ricardo Diaz version from the New 52, not the classic one who can fight on par with Shiva.

2. Killing seems to be an optional thing, as Damian turns down the chance to kill Bane's dad in his qualifier. Also, the end of the issue sees Damian's heart get ripped out, so I'm guessing Death ain't permanent in this location.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Regards these points:

1. The watered down Richard Dragon still puts up a better fight against Shiva in the horrible Diaz comic than anyone else, having her at his mercy before one of her henchpeople steps in. He also shows up in Birds of Prey and helps kick the asses of the Brothers in Silk, who basically crap themselves on sight of him, having a far more severe reaction to him than to anyone else there (including people like Connor Hawke, back when that meant something).

And paying Shiva off? To NOT fight, and to ignore a tournament of fighters? This indicates a SEVERE lack of comprehension of pretty much every single version of Shiva, ever, including the crappy version in the Dias Dragon series. It's flat-out ridiculous - Shiva has basically interrupted private tournaments before for her own purposes, her entire character is built around her seeking out other martial artists and killing them (she's a serial killer, effectively), she's bloody rich already, etc. This situation? The phrase 'you couldn't PAY her enough money not to show up' is very applicable here.

2. Death might be a revolving door in the actual tournament, sure. And while Damian didn't kill to get into the tournament, in the actual tournament it might be a prerequisite for winning (might, we don't know). And if death isn't permanent, and Damian thus gets to murder his opponents due to that, it's a huge failing on the part of the writers to not consider the fact that Damian is basically a CHILD. Having him run through this tournament 'killing-but-not-killing' his opponents would be appalling, and not consider the effect it'll have on him (I mean, he was brought up to kill and that has been noted as a Very Bad Thing™, so this? Kind of a step back). Basically it's one of those situations where I have to wonder if the writers thought this through, or thought about what it means about Damian's character to enter a tournament where it's billed as 'to the death' (and thus giving tacit approval to people killing people in this tournament, regardless of whether or not he's killing himself - after all, he's involved with it now), and the whole business of having a kid in this sort of thing to boot. Damian is like...13 or 14 years old.
    end of spoilers

Basically, while the art is good and there are some interesting forays into Damian's character, I'm still very unimpressed with this. Maybe further issues will change my mind, but as of #1 it's really 'ugh' for me.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-29-2021 at 04:25 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

one day removed from Pfizer shot number two and no noticeable symptoms appearing other than a sore injection site

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    one day removed from Pfizer shot number two and no noticeable symptoms appearing other than a sore injection site
    Good stuff.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Huh, looking at my writing over the years. Turned a bumbling overprotective martial artist father into a sorta bumbling yet loving father whose also a martial artist all loving hero with a really bad reputation due to multiple misunderstandings built on one true fact taken way out of context (though now played for laughs).

...Wow.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Time for the bi-annual check in.

What's the haps, peeps?