Page 148 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 48981381441451461471481491501511521581982486481148 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 36573

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    yea, I was a bit surprised to see them but I liked how they were portrayed definitely. All the generals.

Trevor’s my favorite though
    Every time Trevor Belmont's not on screen doing cool ****, I found myself asking, "Where's Trevor?"

Then every time the whip moves I remember that was probably a weekend for the animation team.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I ain't the one readin' a Manga that's gone full furry.

*takes a drag of his Shoggoth Brand™ Cigarette*

Never go full furry.
    a likely excuse, oh squidy faced one.

but seriously, there is very little outright sex going on in the manga. they implied a lot but nothing is ever really shown.

i do think this season isn't flawless, (same can be said for the first season), but i still like this season of castlevania.

didn't expect Isaac and Hector to show up but it was nice to see them.

carmilla got some great character development.

the dynamic between sypha, trevor and alucard was good too.

and this version of dracula might be my favorite one. he was both powerful and vulnerable. a man driven by vengence, grief, and depression.

also, that final fight was great. and if you didn't hum along with their version of "bloody tears", something is wrong with you.

also this little bit:

sypha: stop acting like children! (walks away)

trevor: well, eat **** and die.

alucard: yes, **** you too.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I wish I liked Bee and Puppycat.

It's a well made show with great aesthetics and production quality.

But the writing is so aimless and feels like it's trying to be random for the sake of it rather than with any intentionality.

I want to like it.

But I just don't.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Well, now I'm definitely surprised.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Last night I had a severe anxiety attack and am still feeling the effects today

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Last night I had a severe anxiety attack and am still feeling the effects today
    Are you gonna be alright? Anxiety attacks are a pain to deal with. There are meds you can take to help keep it under control.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Are you gonna be alright? Anxiety attacks are a pain to deal with. There are meds you can take to help keep it under control.
    Ill be fine. It was the news out of Pittsburgh

my predictions for Castlevania are Season 3 and 4 Curse of Darkness arc. Season 5 and 6 Simon Belmont arc , Season 7 and 8 Juste Belmont / Harmony of Dissonance arc , Season 9 and 10 Richter Belmont / Rondo of Blood arc. Season 11 and 12 - Symphony of the Night arc , Season 13 and 14- Order of Ecclesia arc, Season 15 and 16 - Bloodlines arc , season 17 and 18 - Portrait of Ruin arc , Season 19 and 20 - Aria of Sorrow arc, and Season 21 and 22 - Dawn of Sorrow arc.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I was not prepared for Skeletor Witch King today.

I was even less prepared for Magical Girl Eowyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Ill be fine. It was the news out of Pittsburgh
    I can empathize with that. The news these days is enough to induce anxiety in many of us. Tragic and insane.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Getting a bit annoyed with Dr Who now.

Firstly, it just doesn’t feel like Dr Who. Too many pop culture references, among other things. It’s not a bad sci-fi series, but it doesn’t feel like Dr Who.

Secondly, it’s just too damn preachy. I may agree with the messages, but that’s not why I watch the show. Last week it was about the historical importance of Rosa Parks (I agree) and racists are terrible people (yup). This week we have an obnoxious American billionaire who owns a string of hotels among his other business interests, is pro gun culture and is running for President. In the next couple of weeks we have the Partition of India. It’s not an entertainment series, it’s a regular lecture.

On the plus side, the cinematography and effects have hugely improved, and I like the cast, but overall... bleh.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Getting a bit annoyed with Dr Who now.

Firstly, it just doesn’t feel like Dr Who. Too many pop culture references, among other things. It’s not a bad sci-fi series, but it doesn’t feel like Dr Who.

Secondly, it’s just too damn preachy. I may agree with the messages, but that’s not why I watch the show. Last week it was about the historical importance of Rosa Parks (I agree) and racists are terrible people (yup). This week we have an obnoxious American billionaire who owns a string of hotels among his other business interests, is pro gun culture and is running for President. In the next couple of weeks we have the Partition of India. It’s not an entertainment series, it’s a regular lecture.

On the plus side, the cinematography and effects have hugely improved, and I like the cast, but overall... bleh.
    I like that it's trying to be more topical myself, gives the show a little more bite. Goes along with the production values being pushed in a more interesting and not-BBC-standard kind of direction. I think they are pushing the boat out a bit more which is having more success with me than failure. There were some edits in the second episode that were just... odd...? There was some really cool camera work but some shots just didn't hang together correctly.

Though I do agree that the Trump analogy from this evening was a bit too blunt.

The lecture angle being a complaint is slightly amusing to me as OG Who, as in William Hartnell, was more an educational programme at its inception that developed sci-fi elements as the show went on.

Overall, it feels like Who to me. For context, I am more an old school Who fan than a new school fan and I've been very on and off with the modern stuff over the years. Jodie Whittaker is doing an excellent job being The Doctor and I've enjoyed and been mostly entertained by what I've seen thus far.

i got no problems with the direction of DW. as a black man in the south, "rosa" hit a bit close to home, since my folks experienced some of this kind of racism first hand. and they handled it well.

haven't seen the new ep yet.